Liberia 0 vs Nigeria 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liberia 0 vs Nigeria 1Live

Post by green4life »

chif456 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:56 pm 2-0 . Scoreline flatters but we must destroy CV in Lagos
lol. Destroy ke? We just need a result to qualify. I will be happy with a draw. My guess is Rohr feels the same as well. 😀
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

chif456 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:49 pm Collins is not having a great game, I actually don't mind Daddy Simon in this game.

A little bit more urgency and we will be fine
Exactly what I observed in this game. Why are most of our boys running like pregnant women? No spring in their feet at all. Abi na so Mr. G. Rohr tell dem make dem play? Ha ba!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Abbey wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:06 pm Either the coach doesn't understand 3-5-2 or the players cannot play (don't understand) 3-5-2. I don't understand how we huffed, puffed, and wobbled our way to win this game. Miracles do exist sometimes.

Its not a miracle, the poor performance notwithstanding.

We were much stronger than Liberia.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

chif456 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:56 pm 2-0 . Scoreline flatters but we must destroy CV in Lagos

are you having a laugh? with this team? just wish that naija get to 3rd round!
thanks
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:02 pm
bushboy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:58 pm
txj wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:57 pm
bushboy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:55 pm Osimhen is a poor striker. I don't care he got a penalty! He is POOR!!!

The problem with you is that u are too sentimental...

Making a complete ike of urself...
I agree. call me any name you choose. I know what I expect of a striker, and he is not it.
The problem when you say stuff like this is that it becomes difficult to take anything else you say seriously.

TonyTheTigerKiller is still trying to recover from some foolish takes he made 10 years ago. Don't follow suit. :D
I honestly don't care what anyone thinks of what I say. You watch the game and come away with what you see. I do the same. We don't have to agree. To each his own. I have watched enough football in my life and I LOVE me a good striker. I am completely fascinated with that position. I am not impressed with Oshimhen ONE bit in this game. If that makes me "foolish" then I embrace it.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bushboy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:55 pm Osimhen is a poor striker. I don't care he got a penalty! He is POOR!!!
He has been very poor for SE for a few games.

He is definately overhyped. I am sorry to say.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

green4life wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:08 pm
lol. Destroy ke? We just need a result to qualify. I will be happy with a draw. My guess is Rohr feels the same as well. 😀
rohr will always choose stick over twist.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:08 pm

Yeah.

Rohr never saw an opportunity to conserve that he ignored.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The team do not just lack cohesion. They lack confidence!

Even during the time of Lagerback and Vogts they did not lack confidence!

This is the first time I have seen a Nigerian side consistently lack confidence. This means that Rohr's uninspired style is seeping into the team.

It wansn't even just a problem of tactics. There were at least 5 occasions in the first half where the SE were in a GREAT position, but they refused to play the through ball and instead decided to backtrack!

Even a team ranked 140 in the FIFA ranking would have more confidence than this Nigeria side. Rohr is not only ill equipped to coach Nigeria, I wouldn't even recommend him to coach Lesotho, and no I am not joking or being rude.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Cristao II wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:01 pm I think people should watch the game with no stress on them and come and read their comments. From what I saw Nigeria stayed in second gear all through. Liberia were toothless.
We don't need to watch a game twice to know when we played poorly. I didn't need to watch the Cape Verde game twice to praise the SE.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cito wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:57 pm Captain Musa scores. Please end his SE career with that goal and bid him farewell. Thank you and good luck in your future....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:09 pm

Is this an attempt at sarcasm?

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Musa is a freeloader living off past glory. Abeg Buhari give him a parcel of land in Abuja and lets call it a day.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

bushboy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:09 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:02 pm
bushboy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:58 pm
txj wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:57 pm

The problem with you is that u are too sentimental...

Making a complete ike of urself...
I agree. call me any name you choose. I know what I expect of a striker, and he is not it.
The problem when you say stuff like this is that it becomes difficult to take anything else you say seriously.

TonyTheTigerKiller is still trying to recover from some foolish takes he made 10 years ago. Don't follow suit. :D
I honestly don't care what anyone thinks of what I say. You watch the game and come away with what you see. I do the same. We don't have to agree. To each his own. I have watched enough football in my life and I LOVE me a good striker. I am completely fascinated with that position. I am not impressed with Oshimhen ONE bit in this game. If that makes me "foolish" then I embrace it.
You said he's a poor striker. He demonstrably is NOT a poor striker. He may have had a poor game - I didn't watch it - but he's not a poor striker. Stop it.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He plays well for his club, so is it the player thats the problem or the coach/system/long ball only tactics that you mentioned earlier?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

chif456 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:02 pm Job done on to the next one. Not a vintage or memorable performance but we never looked in trouble, our lack of cohesion in the final 3rd was worrisome.

3 points was what the doctor ordered and the team delivered on that
Ironically for me Okoye has been a bit uninspiring in goal. I like my goalie to be 100% in command of their box. Okoye can be indecisive at times which may be costly
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

txj wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:48 pm WTF is wrong with Rhor?

I mean WTF!!!!

Why can he not use his bench to change this game!!!!!!!!
You were on the call with ex-SE spokesperson (I think you were) when we were told... He leaves his sub very late, just in case the GK is injured or sent off.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:13 pm
chif456 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:02 pm Job done on to the next one. Not a vintage or memorable performance but we never looked in trouble, our lack of cohesion in the final 3rd was worrisome.

3 points was what the doctor ordered and the team delivered on that
Ironically for me Okoye has been a bit uninspiring in goal. I like my goalie to be 100% in command of their box. Okoye can be indecisive at times which may be costly
I've noticed the same things and actually prefer Uzoho...but good to have the option sha, there was a time where we struggling for decent goalies.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

We didn’t play well today even though we created enough chances to win by 3 even 4 but Vic never stopped hustling

We know he has quality but that hunger set him apart from most of his team mates who sometimes looked to be on vacation
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

fabio wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:14 pm
txj wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:48 pm WTF is wrong with Rhor?

I mean WTF!!!!

Why can he not use his bench to change this game!!!!!!!!
You were on the call with ex-SE spokesperson (I think you were) when we were told... He leaves his sub very late, just in case the GK is injured or sent off.
:rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:12 pm

Is this an attempt at sarcasm?
Hit the ignore button. I don’t even bother.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tbite wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:10 pm The team do not just lack cohesion. They lack confidence!

Even during the time of Lagerback and Vogts they did not lack confidence!

This is the first time I have seen a Nigerian side consistently lack confidence. This means that Rohr's uninspired style is seeping into the team.

It wansn't even just a problem of tactics. There were at least 5 occasions in the first half where the SE were in a GREAT position, but they refused to play the through ball and instead decided to backtrack!

Even a team ranked 140 in the FIFA ranking would have more confidence than this Nigeria side. Rohr is not only ill equipped to coach Nigeria, I wouldn't even recommend him to coach Lesotho, and no I am not joking or being rude.
Probably sums up Rohr time as SE coach!

Please remember that we don't have players in the top clubs or in champions leagues... We have no Salah or Mane. We have to stay humble and keep learning.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Joe Aribo is the only player who had a good game.

The rest were below average.

Awaziem who I praised in the first half had 3 or 4 jittery moments at the back in the 2nd. Not inspiring at all.

Not good enough. Crap display all the way around.

Rohr should not be married to having to force Iheanacho into the starting 11. It should be an option, but definately not a must. It hasn't yielded much positive so far.

Oh did I forget to say Rohr is a crap coach.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.