The "Oyibo" Wall

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
The "Oyibo" Wall

Post by vancity eagle »

lets talk true.

It needs to be disbanded ASAP.

Troost has been piss poor for a while now, and he has even lost his spot at Watford. This guy cannot keep starting for us. Unfortunately Rohr has a habit of choosing the most useless players as Captain and vice Captain.

Balogun is a better defender, but he is slow as hell and will be exposed against quick skillfull attackers. His time as a SE should be winding down.

Semi Ajayi needs to be recalled, he can also double as a DM. Awaziem needs to be a regular, and why the heck have we not used Akpoguma in defence (not as a RB)

These 2 will cost us. Hopefully dummy Rohr figures out the defense at the afcon and it is sorted out before the qualifying playoffs in March.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The "Oyibo" Wall

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:28 am lets talk true.

Troost has been piss poor for a while now, and he has even lost his spot at Watford. This guy cannot keep starting for us. Unfortunately Rohr has a habit of choosing the most useless players as Captain and vice Captain.

Balogun is a better defender, but he is slow as hell and will be exposed against quick skillfull attackers. His time as a SE should be winding down.

Semi Ajayi needs to be recalled, he can also double as a DM. Awaziem needs to be a regular, and why the heck have we not used Akpoguma in defence (not as a RB)

These 2 will cost us. Hopefully dummy Rohr figures out the defense at the afcon and it is sorted out before the qualifying playoffs in March.
Now you realize this. In my view, the pair had not been top notch from day one.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Kevin Akpoguma and Awaziem are the medium term centerback pairing with Semi backing up, they have all been steadily introduced to the team. Ebuehi/Calvin Bassey and Sanusi/Colins to play on either side. Rohr has already laid the foundation...
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Mr Shows wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:19 am Kevin Akpoguma and Awaziem are the medium term centerback pairing with Semi backing up, they have all been steadily introduced to the team. Ebuehi/Calvin Bassey and Sanusi/Colins to play on either side. Rohr has already laid the foundation...
Are you naming Akpoguma based on reputation or what? Exactly what has he done playing for the SE to be considered as a solution?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Welcome to 2018 :woot:
Awaziem's been our best defender for a while now
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:33 am

I KPOM this post. He has been the best that we have FOR AGES and counting.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Not true.

The guy has many lapses. Including 3 or 4 today.

Balogun is the best, in terms of defending (Awaziem is most comfortable with ball at feet)

However Baloguns speed, or lack there of is worrying.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:35 am

Even at the last AFCON he was our best defender despite playing RB it would've only made sense for him to get more PT after but Rohr insisted on the likes of Ajayi & Akpoguma (RB). It was only after that loss to CAR that he was drafted back into the starting XI and it has been 2 b2b clean sheets and an assist for him. He might just have the highest ceiling in terms of potential growth amongst our CB's
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

KPOM^2. That wall needs to be broken. It’s not going to hold
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:21 am

Even at the last AFCON he was our best defender despite playing RB it would've only made sense for him to get more PT after but Rohr insisted on the likes of Ajayi & Akpoguma (RB). It was only after that loss to CAR that he was drafted back into the starting XI and it has been 2 b2b clean sheets and an assist for him. He might just have the highest ceiling in terms of potential growth amongst our CB's
Sunset,

TBH, I think Rohr traps himself into the mantra of not making a change till a change is needed a day after the fact. What do I mean? He takes him such a long time to realize that a change is needed. Think.... his substitutions ( along time issue) ... changing from four at the back (in spite of successes with three during international friendlies...etc. Here he feels almost indebted to the central defense that he has built shortly after he had sidelined Omeruo. He seems so tied to Balogun-Ekong pairing that he is almost blinded to other and, perhaps, better options.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The wall has conceded 2 goals in 5 matches. But hey, it’s not good enough for our internet coaches.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:31 am
Sunset wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:21 am

Sunset,

TBH, I think Rohr traps himself into the mantra of not making a change till a change is needed a day after the fact. What do I mean? He takes him such a long time to realize that a change is needed. Think.... his substitutions ( along time issue) ... changing from four at the back (in spite of successes with three during international friendlies...etc. Here he feels almost indebted to the central defense that he has built shortly after he had sidelined Omeruo. He seems so tied to Balogun-Ekong pairing that he is almost blinded to other and, perhaps, better options.
Agreed. The guy is too slow to make changes and seems almost beholden to certain players in some instances.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Lolly wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:30 am The wall has conceded 2 goals in 5 matches. But hey, it’s not good enough for our internet coaches.
Bro, when some of us look at the Eagles, we don’t expect them to lose to the likes of CAR, Cape Verde and Liberia. We project what we see against better opposition. I’ve been watching the Eagles for a long time, and I can project where their struggles will be in the WC/Nations Cup. The Oyinbo Wall is a mistake waiting to happen.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ekong is not good enough. I don't know who made him captain. Balogun is still useful.... Ekong will continue to put us under serious pressure. Pk vs Croatia ..look at the horrible header today vs Liberia. Ajayi should be recalled. He is better than Ekong
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I’ve been one of the longest critics of this wall but there is no universal agreement on its problems. Not even close.

I don’t trust Balogun and barely tolerate Ekong nowadays.
As for Omeruo and Ozone, forget it. Ajayi just isn’t it either.

Awaziem I am all for any day but he also has his lapses. Akpoguma hasn’t even been tested!

But there are those who swear by Balogun and Ekong and their opinions are not proven to be less valid than the rest who disagree.

So it’s a big mess and the fact is that we do not have great options.
Finish.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Damunk wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:47 am I’ve been one of the longest critics of this wall but there is no universal agreement on its problems. Not even close.

Awaziem I am all for any day but he also has his lapses. Akpoguma hasn’t even been tested!

But there are those who swear by Balogun and Ekong and their opinions are not proven to be less valid than the rest who disagree.

Finish.
Indeed, agree 100%. There are no other options.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

VE, you were supporting this yeye Coach the last time I checked! This guy is worse than Keshi (RIP) this team isn't going anywhere with him in charge!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

deanotito wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:28 am
Lolly wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:30 am The wall has conceded 2 goals in 5 matches. But hey, it’s not good enough for our internet coaches.
Bro, when some of us look at the Eagles, we don’t expect them to lose to the likes of CAR, Cape Verde and Liberia. We project what we see against better opposition. I’ve been watching the Eagles for a long time, and I can project where their struggles will be in the WC/Nations Cup. The Oyinbo Wall is a mistake waiting to happen.
The Eagles are only as good as the players available to us. We can’t buy players from neighbouring countries. So unfortunately we don’t have many better options. And the stats prove that the oyinbo boys are not as bad as people are making them out to be. The loss to CAR was a fluke. We will beat them 19 out of 20 times we play them, so their win was an abnormally. And Cape Verde and Liberia have not beaten us yet.

Let’s have your prediction for ANC. Be bold and tell us.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Paveman wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:51 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:47 am I’ve been one of the longest critics of this wall but there is no universal agreement on its problems. Not even close.

Finish.
Indeed, agree 100%. There are no other options.
Not true. Akpogumaa, Jonas David, Ugbo Olisa Ndah off the top of my head are options that can do a better job. Im sick and tired of the excuses. Ekong has to go. Dude is not good enough.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Playing against extremely weak opposition that for the most part just sat back and defended. Even at that there were many scary moments. Its not good enough.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Undertaker wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:29 pm

VE, you were supporting this yeye Coach the last time I checked! This guy is worse than Keshi (RIP) this team isn't going anywhere with him in charge!
I have been a long time critic of Rohr.

I stopped supporting him officially last month.

Garbage coach.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:17 am

Now you realize this. In my view, the pair had not been top notch from day one.
I agree with you there...

But what I do like is that they are defenders first... just don't ask them to do anything else.

But when it comes to ranking them in the history of defensive partnerships in SE history, they are one of the worst pairs.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Stats without context.

When they have played teams willing to attack them what happened?

BTW, I do believe that CAR scored with the second of two clear shots on goal... one of the shots was a point blank save by our Keeper.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!