Players under tight scrutiny now

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Players under tight scrutiny now

Post by Tobi17 »

No sentiments, no feelings, no charity anymore...now it's time to hunker down to the simple yet brutal business of football. These following players have to seriously sit up FAST because they are now on borrowed time.

Iwobi- with Ejaria, Ejuke and Amoo all lurking to take over the CAM role, I don't think Iwobi will be delusional enough to think he's good enough to be comfortable right now, he has completely lost it and it seems like our boys needs to find his football back cause he's already in his prime with no trajectory of growth yet.

Simon Moses - no end product, I know we appreciate his work rate and all but guys... we can do better, we can have a player who not only offers work rate BUT also end product... This dude is the most predictable/one-dimensional player out there... I like Simon but we need better, hopefully we see what Ademola offers.

Collins- Bin this guy, utter trash... Zaidu and Aina remain our best LBs so the less said the better.

Aribo- has his occasional moments of brilliance but overall not the type of player that offers us anything, we badly missed Etebo today but there are decent midfielders like Amoo and Rapheal Onyedika we should be looking at seriously now... our midfield depth as always is still very worrying, and it seems Rohr is either too daft or plainly stubborn to realize this.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Players under tight scrutiny now

Post by vancity eagle »

Players who should go away

Musa, Shehu,

Players who are under scrutiny

Simon, Iwobi, Collins, Iheanacho, Troost, Balogun
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi you are jumping on the anti-Aribo brigade ?

same Etebo who runs around aimlessly and misplaces passes is who you want to replace Aribo with ? LOL

If anything Aribo should replace Iwobi and take the AM role for now until we get Ejaria.

With Onyeka and Ndidi behind him.

Aribo balled today, I dont know what drugs you guys are on.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ndidi was also poor today by his standards.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:21 am Players who should go away

Musa, Shehu,

Players who are under scrutiny

Simon, Iwobi, Collins, Iheanacho, Troost, Balogun
Forgot Musa, Ekong and Shehu... At least with Musa we know he's just living off goodwill from fans who use his "experience" as an excuse to justify his inclusion, by and large Musa will be playing his last tournament for Nigeria in the AFCON so I'm not too worried about him... Ekong, Shehu, perhaps Nacho? (I want to see him play in a better system before I make my conclusions on him) and Balogun. Right now Awaziem, Omeruo, Akpoguma appear to be our best CBs for now.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:24 am Ndidi was also poor today by his standards.
Ndidi can get away with having a subpar game cause he does the job of two men, I want to him and Onyeka play together at the base of the MF with Aribo or Ejuke playing forward against Cape Verde.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

This Rohrs reverting to "experience" will come back to haunt us big time.

This is the time to be getting rid of dead woods and introducing younger players.

Imagine Spain starting a 17 year old. Germany and others introducing teenagers. The US entire team is U23.

Yet this eeeeediot named Rohr is begging Ighalo and bringing on Musa off the bench.

Does this guy take us for fools ?

This nonsense will set us back.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:12 am This Rohrs reverting to "experience" will come back to haunt us big time.

This is the time to be getting rid of dead woods and introducing younger players.

Imagine Spain starting a 17 year old. Germany and others introducing teenagers. The US entire team is U23.

Yet this eeeeediot named Rohr is begging Ighalo and bringing on Musa off the bench.

Well, well. Nothing to add.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:12 am This Rohrs reverting to "experience" will come back to haunt us big time.

He is building a team... give him more time.

It is only Year 5, he is still relying on some older players who are playing retirement football in some kwekwe teams/leagues.

He says we don't have players... what do you expect him to do?

You must have seen the improvement in the way his team plays, his utilization of players, his timely substitution, you obviously can deduce his strategy and tactics...

Be patient.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!