Ighalo should start on Tuesday

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Ighalo should start on Tuesday

Post by Tobi17 »

There's no denying that Osimhen is the undisputed numero uno and he has more than earned his strip, but we can't overlook the numbing feeling that Osimhen will waste 5 good chances before he finally scores one, and in such a tricky game there are no margins for errors... we have to be ruthless with any and every chance we get against CV... Ighalo is a veteran of scoring against "minnows", he doesn't have the youthful exuberance or tenacity of Osimhen, but the man can score jammy/scrappy goals from any angle...so I think Ighalo should lead the lines on Tuesday.
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Ighalo should start on Tuesday

Post by Enyi »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:20 pm There's no denying that Osimhen is the undisputed numero uno and he has more than earned his strip, but we can't overlook the numbing feeling that Osimhen will waste 5 good chances before he finally scores one, and in such a tricky game there are no margins for errors... we have to be ruthless with any and every chance we get against CV... Ighalo is a veteran of scoring against "minnows", he doesn't have the youthful exuberance or tenacity of Osimhen, but the man can score jammy/scrappy goals from any angle...so I think Ighalo should lead the lines on Tuesday.
:rotf: :rotf:

Can I get this right please…..this is the same Ighalo that struggled to score against Madagascar….of are we talking about another one….???

Oshimen plays with no partner, build your team around him

Flank him with Ejuke and chukwueze not Musa and Simon

Play Ndidi and Onyeka in midfield and give Iwobi or Aribo a free role….

Play Ighalo…..WTF
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

No he should not.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Well, it's down to Mathematics anyway. Even if Ighalo scores we still need 3pts. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

We need 1 point. That’s all.
Rohr will sit back and play safe.
CV will have to attack.
Which will play into our hands.

We’ll get the win. 1-0 I suspect.

Which will save Rohr’s job.

I don’t know how I feel about that.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

waka-man wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:30 pm We need 1 point. That’s all.
CV will have to attack.

ROHR CAN NOT LET THE PLAYERS SEAT BACK,WE NEED TO ATTACK,HOPE NO CALAMITY MISTAKE AT THE BACK.
thanks
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

delisyomie don wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:09 pm
CV will have to attack.

ROHR CAN NOT LET THE PLAYERS SEAT BACK,WE NEED TO ATTACK,HOPE NO CALAMITY MISTAKE AT THE BACK.
Logically, we should sit back and get the point needed to qualify. But let's be clear, Rohr and SE will be roundly criticized and I will surely be one of those critics.

Fact is Nigeria is playing at home against a decidedly lower ranked team. He must operate on the front foot and win this game.

This is not just about qualification but about generating confidence in this team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Enyi wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:32 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:20 pm There's no denying that Osimhen is the undisputed numero uno and he has more than earned his strip, but we can't overlook the numbing feeling that Osimhen will waste 5 good chances before he finally scores one, and in such a tricky game there are no margins for errors... we have to be ruthless with any and every chance we get against CV... Ighalo is a veteran of scoring against "minnows", he doesn't have the youthful exuberance or tenacity of Osimhen, but the man can score jammy/scrappy goals from any angle...so I think Ighalo should lead the lines on Tuesday.
:rotf: :rotf:

Can I get this right please…..this is the same Ighalo that struggled to score against Madagascar….of are we talking about another one….???

Oshimen plays with no partner, build your team around him

Flank him with Ejuke and chukwueze not Musa and Simon

Play Ndidi and Onyeka in midfield and give Iwobi or Aribo a free role….

Play Ighalo…..WTF
Yeah the same Ighalo that missed that chance against Argentina :rotf:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I can bet that Ighalo WILL NOT start the game. The chance of that is very slim (less than 10%) LOL. More likely is that he will come in as a second half sub. That has well over 80-90% chance of occurring. This is Rohr that we are discussing here. There are antecedents.

If you are looking for possible new starters look towards Ejuke or Chukwueze or possibly both. The danger is that a risk-averse Rohr may not want both of them in the starting line up.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Curious, OP, when was the last time you watched Ighalo play football?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Sometimes attack is the best form of defense. If we are 0-0 at 90mins and someone makes a mistake at the back we will become another Portugal..but worse because there are no playoffs to give us a second chance
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:42 pm
delisyomie don wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:09 pm
CV will have to attack.

Logically, we should sit back and get the point needed to qualify. But let's be clear, Rohr and SE will be roundly criticized and I will surely be one of those critics.

Fact is Nigeria is playing at home against a decidedly lower ranked team. He must operate on the front foot and win this game.

This is not just about qualification but about generating confidence in this team.

You don’t know Rohr….he will take a draw now and perform any sexual act u want.

The guy is a bonafide coward and we are going nowhere with him incharge….same for Pinnick, who is a power grabbing corrupt leader
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Anybody remembered when we needed a draw against Guinea in Abuja to qualify for the AFCON and we lost 1-2? SSS was the Coach!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:45 pm Anybody remembered when we needed a draw against Guinea in Abuja to qualify for the AFCON and we lost 1-2? SSS was the Coach!
I remember we needed a draw against Argentina and we lost.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

jdizzy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:20 pm Curious, OP, when was the last time you watched Ighalo play football?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:45 pm Anybody remembered when we needed a draw against Guinea in Abuja to qualify for the AFCON and we lost 1-2? SSS was the Coach!
It indeed seemed like a loss but that game ended 2-2.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:40 pm I can bet that Ighalo WILL NOT start the game. The chance of that is very slim (less than 10%) LOL. More likely is that he will come in as a second half sub. That has well over 80-90% chance of occurring. This is Rohr that we are discussing here. There are antecedents.

If you are looking for possible new starters look towards Ejuke or Chukwueze or possibly both. The danger is that a risk-averse Rohr may not want both of them in the starting line up.
Well Ighalo is starting alongside Osimhen
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ighalo has missed 2 sitters and twice failed to put through a good pass to players in a good position.

How is his "experience" ?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:40 pm I can bet that Ighalo WILL NOT start the game. The chance of that is very slim (less than 10%) LOL. More likely is that he will come in as a second half sub. That has well over 80-90% chance of occurring. This is Rohr that we are discussing here. There are antecedents.

Prof, you are usually 100% on point but I guess not today. Anyway, we thank God notwithstanding :mrgreen: