My preferred starting line up against Cape Verde tomorrow

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
My preferred starting line up against Cape Verde tomorrow

Post by Adisboy »

For me, the below would be how i'll start against Cape Verde

Okoye
Awaziem Ekong Balogun Sanusi
Ndidi Onyeka
Chukwueze Aribo/Iwobi Ejuke
Osimhen

My thoughts are with Onyeka & Ndidi we dominate the midfield and provide added protection for the defense. Awaziem seems to be onen of the best passers in the team (especially with long balls), so would also help initiate attacks. Then i'll just unleash the front 4 (Osimhen, Chukwueze, Ejuke, Iwobi or Aribo) to do the damage.

What do you guys think?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: My preferred starting line up against Cape Verde tomorrow

Post by Bigpokey24 »

4231 is a very balanced formation
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Adisboy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:12 am For me, the below would be how i'll start against Cape Verde

Okoye
Ndidi Onyeka
Osimhen

My thoughts are with Onyeka & Ndidi we dominate the midfield and provide added protection for the defense. Awaziem seems to be onen of the best passers in the team (especially with long balls), so would also help initiate attacks. Then i'll just unleash the front 4 (Osimhen, Chukwueze, Ejuke, Iwobi or Aribo) to do the damage.

What do you guys think?
I agree with the line up, but I’d tweak the formation to 4141
Let Aribo and Onyeka both play ahead of Ndidi. We need to be winning the ball higher up the pitch and in the modern game have two holding midfields is inviting all kinds of pain onto you.

In any case, that’s the role Onyeka plays for his team and in Ndidi you have one of the best defensive shields in the game.

By the way, on current form, I’d consider benching Ekong for Awaziem in the middle, and letting Aina play right back. Rohr won’t do it, but it makes complete sense right now.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Adisboy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:12 am For me, the below would be how i'll start against Cape Verde

Okoye
Ndidi Onyeka
Osimhen

What do you guys think?

you are very correct ! you should be a coach too.. having two defensive midfielder is best for this kind of match of frank the tank and ndidi the destroyer??
thanks
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Maduka
Aina Awaziem Balogun Collins
Onyeka Ndidi
Chuwkwueze Aribo Ejuke
Osimhen
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Rohr is going to go with experience and those he considers his trusted hands.

*****************************Osimhen*******************************

*******************************Igahlo**********************************

Musa*********************Aribo ********Ndidi *********************** Chukwueze

Ola**********Leon Balogun.............Ekong*******************Collins

*********************** Maduka Okoye ********************************

4-4-2

We are home, we need early goals to stop CV growing in confidence and kill off the game early..
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

We just need to take our chances that we will surely get and will be fine. This is not the game that guys should be missing one on one with GK. We have enough to get a result at home (win or draw)
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Simon is more or less a shoo-in in my own opinion. Y'all keep underrating Moses Simon's versatility and functionality, because he's not flamboyant as some of his peers. He definitely needs to work on his crosses, but dude deserves more respect. It is his ability to do many little things well that feeds his relevance, and that, ironically enough, makes him less likely to be appreciated.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

waka-man wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:29 pm

Okoye
Ndidi Onyeka
Osimhen

What do you guys think?
Let Aribo and Onyeka both play ahead of Ndidi. We need to be winning the ball higher up the pitch and in the modern game have two holding midfields is inviting all kinds of pain onto you.

In any case, that’s the role Onyeka plays for his team and in Ndidi you have one of the best defensive shields in the game.

By the way, on current form, I’d consider benching Ekong for Awaziem in the middle, and letting Aina play right back. Rohr won’t do it, but it makes complete sense right now.

KPOM I would line up like this

****************************************************OKOYE***********************************************

AINA***********************AWAZIEM****************************BALOGUN*******************SANUSI

***********************************************NDIDI*****************************************************

************************************ONYEKA****************ARIBO************************************

CHUKWUEZE**********************************************************************************EJUKE

***************************************************OSIMEHN********************************************

SUBS

IWOBI FOR ARIBO/ONYEKA
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:21 pm

Okoye
Ndidi Onyeka
Osimhen

What do you guys think?

****************************************************OKOYE***********************************************

AINA***********************AWAZIEM****************************BALOGUN*******************SANUSI

***********************************************NDIDI*****************************************************

************************************ONYEKA****************ARIBO************************************

CHUKWUEZE**********************************************************************************EJUKE

***************************************************OSIMEHN********************************************

SUBS

IWOBI FOR ARIBO/ONYEKA
Exactly right.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

waka-man wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:55 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:21 pm

Okoye
Ndidi Onyeka
Osimhen

What do you guys think?

SUBS

IWOBI FOR ARIBO/ONYEKA
Exactly right.
Sanusi/Ejuke combo on the left would leave the left side of the defense vulnerable as Sanusi's defending is not great. If Ejuke has to be on the left, then Collins would be preferable at LB (to sit back and also cover for Balogun's modest pace). Otherwise a balanced selection. Aina's defending is good; he has played as Right Centre for Fulham in 352 formations, so would good right side pairing with Chukwueze.

Moses Simon does not cut it for me. Onyeka, Aribo and Ndidi are sufficient to provide the work rate. Iwobi and/or Iheanacho could can be substitutes later in the game
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I’ll go with

Okoye

Awaziem
Balogun
Ekong

Simon
Onyeka
Iwobi
Ndidi
Chukwueze

Iheanacho
Osimhen

in a 3-5-2 formation❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I know Osimhen, Ndidi, Simon Moses, Okoye and Balogun will play. I don’t care about the rest. They are all the same
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

What form is Chukwueze? I haven’t watched him play since his return from injury. But the boy is needed in a match like this, at least to keep their defenders busy
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:48 am I’ll go with

Okoye

Awaziem
Balogun
Ekong

Simon
Onyeka
Iwobi
Ndidi
Chukwueze

Iheanacho
Osimhen

in a 3-5-2 formation❗️

Cheers.
My preffered formation too.

I am not sold on Iwobi though, he lost me a long time ago. I am hoping Ejuke will come in at some point to take his place.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We need to keep it tight at the back first....let Cabo verde come out and attack
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved