I am hearing rumours about Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: I am hearing rumours about Rohr

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:11 am Kai....see hatefest in full swing. If it's true then this is evidence of how dumb Nigerians are, the night of a game that qualified you is not the time to make major decisions on the future of the team. They're certain to make a decision they will regret for sure. Idiots! I'm sure Rohr is also talking to his lawyers we speak. Football is a heavy regulated sport. It's not Nepa, customs or niaja police where pot bellied loud mouth shout at everybody.
Rohr can f**k off, he can go coach at his level for teams like CAR or Seychelles, we deserve better than football terrorism, this fraud has been bailed out time and time again by individual brilliance and nothing more, 5 years as coach yet no discernible football identity with his team, that's unacceptable
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Lolly wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:07 am
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:03 am
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:59 pm Apparently, some of our boys have also been misbehaving of recent and it affecting their performance. I even hear say Rohr self don catch the Nigeria man bug :lol: .

If I say 2 players were caught “misbehaving” last night well past midnight, can anyone guess who those players are judging by the performance on the pitch today?
Was one of them Aina ? Would explain why he wasn't even on the bench.

The problem with Rohr is that he is now doing what did Keshi in. He is playing favorites regardless of how they play, and people are getting complacent.
It wasn’t Aina. Both players played a part in today’s game.
Iheanacho and Iwobi???
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:11 am Kai....see hatefest in full swing. If it's true then this is evidence of how dumb Nigerians are, the night of a game that qualified you is not the time to make major decisions on the future of the team. They're certain to make a decision they will regret for sure. Idiots! I'm sure Rohr is also talking to his lawyers we speak. Football is a heavy regulated sport. It's not Nepa, customs or niaja police where pot bellied loud mouth shout at everybody.
It’s not a hate fest. I think it’s real.
I said the same thing in a post earlier this evening…some officials are not happy at all.
That’s all I know.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:43 am
I said the same thing in a post earlier this evening…some officials are not happy at all.
That’s all I know.
What are they mad about? That he's not blowing teams out? The right thing to do if they're not happy would be for them to resign and let somebody else make the decision. At what point do they hold themselves accountable?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:48 am
That’s all I know.
What are they mad about? That he's not blowing teams out? The right thing to do if they're not happy would be for them to resign and let somebody else make the decision. At what point do they hold themselves accountable?
I don’t know for sure but my guess is that it’s for the same reasons most fans are angry.
Even you, I’m sure you are not happy with what you are seeing even though you are delighted we are through to the final WC qualifying round.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:07 am
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:03 am
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:59 pm Apparently, some of our boys have also been misbehaving of recent and it affecting their performance. I even hear say Rohr self don catch the Nigeria man bug :lol: .

If I say 2 players were caught “misbehaving” last night well past midnight, can anyone guess who those players are judging by the performance on the pitch today?
Was one of them Aina ? Would explain why he wasn't even on the bench.

The problem with Rohr is that he is now doing what did Keshi in. He is playing favorites regardless of how they play, and people are getting complacent.
It wasn’t Aina. Both players played a part in today’s game.
Played a part ?

Clearly one of them is Iheanacho, the other I'm guessing maybe Iwobi

Why the hell was Aina not on the bench ? was he injured ? What did he personally do to Rohr, for Rohr to hate him this much ?
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Iheanancho and Collins?
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:53 am
That’s all I know.
I don’t know for sure but my guess is that it’s for the same reasons most fans are angry.
Even you, I’m sure you are not happy with what you are seeing even though you are delighted we are through to the final WC qualifying round.

unless there's an emergency technical committee meeting going on, this so called meeting is just between scared crooks making emotional decisions.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I hope they put things in perspective before doing anything drastic. Yes, we're not playing as well as some of the other top 10 teams. But before Keshi, we needed must-win, heart attack, home games against our main rivals to win our group, and we often didn't get the required win.... CCC, Amodu, Siasia etc.

Now we needed just a draw and people are complaining. People are acting as if we had it so much better before. Minus the very short successful Keshi spell, it’s not like we had it much better in the last 2 decades or so.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:02 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:53 am
That’s all I know.

unless there's an emergency technical committee meeting going on, this so called meeting is just between scared crooks making emotional decisions.
Man mi, it doesn't have to be a formal meeting.

We had a game tonight.
All the main officials are probably in town, even staying in the same hotel.
They're probably hanging out together and discussing the game informally.
They will express their displeasure.

They are not mythical figures.
Whether we like to admit it or not, they are fans like you and I...they just don't have the luxury of freely expressing their feelings in public.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Orion wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:09 am I hope they put things in perspective before doing anything drastic. Yes, we're not playing as well as some of the other top 10 teams. But before Keshi, we needed must-win, heart attack, home games against our main rivals to win our group, and we often didn't get the required win.... CCC, Amodu, Siasia etc.

Now we needed just a draw and people are complaining. People are acting as if we had it so much better before. Minus the very short successful Keshi spell, it’s not like we had it much better in the last 2 decades or so.
we have never struggled this badly at home against minnows.

Actually the only other time we ever did was at the end of Keshi's tenure.

In fact I am seeing much similarity between the decline and downfall of Keshi's team and Rohr's.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Orion wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:09 am I hope they put things in perspective before doing anything drastic. Yes, we're not playing as well as some of the other top 10 teams. But before Keshi, we needed must-win, heart attack, home games against our main rivals to win our group, and we often didn't get the required win.... CCC, Amodu, Siasia etc.

You are absolutely right but all the home truths are completely thrown out the window in the heat of the moment.
The problem is we are fans and rational debate is in short supply.
Right now, the 'consensus' is that Rohr is "the worst coach ever".

We hear the loud chorus "he has to go!", but true to type, there is no contingency plan. :!:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:57 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:55 pm he is a goner
The big boys are not happy at all. If he survives tonight, he would be a goner if he doesn’t win AFCON.
You mean men in their 50s and 60s with pot belly?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:15 am

You are absolutely right but all the home truths are completely thrown out the window in the heat of the moment.
The problem is we are fans and rational debate is in short supply.
Right now, the 'consensus' is that Rohr is "the worst coach ever".

We hear the loud chorus "he has to go!", but true to type, there is no contingency plan. :!:
Last 4 home games with your boss ****

Nigeria 4 SAlone 4
Nigeria 0 CAR 1
Nigeria 2 Liberia 0
Nigeria 1 Cabo Verde 1

that is 1 win in 4 home matches ...let that sink in .. we have conceded 6 goals at home
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:12 am

we have never struggled this badly at home against minnows.

Actually the only other time we ever did was at the end of Keshi's tenure.

In fact I am seeing much similarity between the decline and downfall of Keshi's team and Rohr's.
If the other coaches I mentioned needed must-win, last-minute, heart-in-mouth home games (putting the team under immense pressure), and Rohr only needed a draw, it means Rohr performed better OVERALL in home and away games. Simple maths.

I agree that we're not as good as 2018, but that is Rohr failing to reach his previous level. What we have now is still better than much of what we had in the last two decades (minus the short Keshi spell).
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Thank God we’ve got some adults in the room with good memories, insights and pragmatic reasoning. :clap: :clap:.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

This is all bloviating and hot air.......we can't pay the guy in the job and we're talking about replacing him.....

With who? Do we have money to pay the replacement: Foreign/Local/whoever??

Can we be real even for a split second??

Yes, we've been piss poor but you get what you pay for.....unless he's not meeting his targets, sacking him means arrears AND the rest of his contract. Arrears sef we can't afford right now....

I guarantee you none of these so called "bigshots" has $1 mill US to bail out their fatherland.....

Talk is cheap men.....
Last edited by tedder89 on Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Another Eko Hotel rumour?
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:54 pm I am at Eko Hotel with some officials and there are rumours. Something might happen by midnight.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I am telling you now.

The last time we played this poorly, just accepted it, and failed to do anything about it, we failed to qualify for a common nations cup, and then failed to qualify for the following one.

Yes the last time we played this bad, was Stephen Keshi. I was one of the only ones warning CE, but people kept reminding us of Keshi's AFcon win.

Anyways let history not repeat itself.

Rohr was good when he first came, just as Keshi also found his groove, same can be said about the head coach of Germany.

But at some point it gows sour and a coach just does not click any longer with his team.

We failed to do something about it with Keshi living on sentiments. Look how that ended up, with the unthinkable.

I hope we do not fail to do something about Rohr.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

How are Nigeria going to win a two-legged knockout if they’re struggling to win home games against Central African Republic and Cape Verde. Are you guys stupid here or what? You think suddenly a miracle will happen and they will beat any of the other teams left? Typical lazy Nigerians praying for God to solve their problems. The coach clearly sucks! Now is the time to change.Waiting till AFCON will be way too late. Some supposedly grown adults here are so stupid.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Its now 2am in Nigeria. What happenned by midnight besides Lolly dowing beer with Lastma officials.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:47 pm The guy should have been fired after the WC. But they gave him a contract extenson.
...they can't fire when they owe him a lot.
If he is local, yeah, they will fire him, play 'futubol' with him, dribble him and threaten to take him to court if he makes noise about money rightfully owed him.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:13 am Its now 2am in Nigeria. What happenned by midnight besides Lolly dowing beer with Lastma officials.
...Nigerian billionaires refuse to loan them payoff money, they'll rather play with their money at parties and social media :lol: