Let's address the elephant in the room.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Let's address the elephant in the room.

Post by 1naija »

So what type of shots can Okoye save if everything shot at him enters? If Cape Verde had the chances we had today, half of them would have been goals. That goal was preventable. It's not his fault, but a good goalkeeper would have saved that. The Cape Verde goalkeeper saved more dangerous shots than the one Okoye let in.

Okoye needs step up.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Let's address the elephant in the room.

Post by Tobi17 »

Can't really blame him for the goal but he should have done well covering his line properly...
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

No one is blaming him, but if he can only stop shots he can be blamed for then we have a problem.
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:13 pm Can't really blame him for the goal but he should have done well covering his line properly...
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:53 pm So what type of shots can Okoye save if everything shot at him enters? If Cape Verde had the chances we had today, half of them would have been goals. That goal was preventable. It's not his fault, but a good goalkeeper would have saved that. The Cape Verde goalkeeper saved more dangerous shots than the one Okoye let in.

Okoye needs step up.
I am old... but I don't recall him making 'saves'.

Maybe the younger ones like you and BigPokey can tell me.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The first question you should ask yourself in a scenario like this is Was the Striker supposed to score that goal?? For example, if Osimhen missed that, who would you blame...Osimhen or the keeper that saved it? For me, the answer would clearly be Osimhen....so I cannot be blaming Okoye. That ball was destined for one place, and it found it.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

its not about blaming Okoye for any one of these goals in particular. Its about all of them in their totality. This guy just does not seem to stop ANYTHING. I can't really remember one good save he made. Its like every decent effort on net just goes in with him behind the sticks. He does not inspire confidence tbh. Just something about him always leaks cheap goals. It is time to admit the truth and stop making all these excuses. This is not a one off.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:53 pm So what type of shots can Okoye save if everything shot at him enters? If Cape Verde had the chances we had today, half of them would have been goals. That goal was preventable. It's not his fault, but a good goalkeeper would have saved that. The Cape Verde goalkeeper saved more dangerous shots than the one Okoye let in.

Okoye needs step up.
so you choose to ignore the rubbish defending by ekong
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:52 pm its not about blaming Okoye for any one of these goals in particular. Its about all of them in their totality. This guy just does not seem to stop ANYTHING. I can't really remember one good save he made. Its like every decent effort on net just goes in with him behind the sticks. He does not inspire confidence tbh. Just something about him always leaks cheap goals. It is time to admit the truth and stop making all these excuses. This is not a one off.
KPOM. Many of the goals he has conceded would have been stopped even by Ezenwa. I want to see a good point-blank save like what you would see with Enyeama. Nothing like that from this guy.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Okoye needs step up.
Shut up :veryangry: ❗️

Cheers.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:29 am

Okoye needs step up.

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Enough said
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:52 pm its not about blaming Okoye for any one of these goals in particular. Its about all of them in their totality. This guy just does not seem to stop ANYTHING. I can't really remember one good save he made. Its like every decent effort on net just goes in with him behind the sticks. He does not inspire confidence tbh. Just something about him always leaks cheap goals. It is time to admit the truth and stop making all these excuses. This is not a one off.
You too, follow my advice for 1naija. You guys sit in your armchairs and imagine how easy goal-keeping is. Okoye was wrong footed from almost point blank range. Not a damn thing he could have done. The goal was due to awful defending. Having said that, how many times have I told you guys that Ezenwa is way readier than either Uzoho or Okoye for the No. 1 goalie job? Goal keeping is all about anticipation which favors experience, period❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Yep, why I prefer Uzoho
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Enyi wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:35 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:29 am

Okoye needs step up.

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Enough said
Enough said indeed :D :agree:.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We are saying the same thing. Every simple mistake a defender makes results in a goal against Okoye. Go and look at the highlights of the 4 - 4 game vs Sierra Leone.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:05 am

Okoye needs step up.
so you choose to ignore the rubbish defending by ekong
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Here are the Highlights. We would have chopped bottle if Cape Verde had our chances.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:42 pm The first question you should ask yourself in a scenario like this is Was the Striker supposed to score that goal?? For example, if Osimhen missed that, who would you blame...Osimhen or the keeper that saved it? For me, the answer would clearly be Osimhen....so I cannot be blaming Okoye. That ball was destined for one place, and it found it.
Dean, you know every goal scored against Nigeria must be the goalkeeper's fault. :rotf: :rotf: While Okoye has given up soft goals before, one of them was not the one scored by Cape Verde today.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

actually the bigger elephant in the room is our Captain.

Why does Rohr choose the most useless players for captain and vice captain, thus indirectly forcing himself to make them more relevant than they need to be.

I will take Ajayi, Akpoguma, or Awaziem at CB ahead of Troost at this point. Maybe even Omeruo sef.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

In how many games he’s played can anybody point to one great save he’s made for SE? I’ve seen him make numerous for his club but for the SE he’s always looked apprehensive and somehow scared to me.

For Uzoho I can remember a few including a great FK save touching Messis shot onto the post vs Argentina last WC.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You guys are in denial. No one is blaming Okoye for the Cape Verde player getting to the ball. That blame goes to Ekong. The point is, Okoye has let in every such shot against us. Unless you are suggesting a defender cannot make a blunder when Okoye is in goal. Then what is his purpose in the team if the only way he can save a shot is if the opposing player first yells ... Hey Okoye, I am going to take a shot at your goal, and don't worry, I am 100 yards away..?
Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:05 am
deanotito wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:42 pm The first question you should ask yourself in a scenario like this is Was the Striker supposed to score that goal?? For example, if Osimhen missed that, who would you blame...Osimhen or the keeper that saved it? For me, the answer would clearly be Osimhen....so I cannot be blaming Okoye. That ball was destined for one place, and it found it.
Dean, you know every goal scored against Nigeria must be the goalkeeper's fault. :rotf: :rotf: While Okoye has given up soft goals before, one of them was not the one scored by Cape Verde today.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

See Goalkeeping.

:clap: :clap: Ike

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I agree with 1naija, Okoye makes routine saves but is yet to pull the chestnut out of the fire for us. If anyone can watch the Ukraine and Brazil matches, you will see at least 2 world class saves Uzoho made in those games and even in the recent 0-1 loss to CAR, he made a double save in a 1 to 1 situation. I'm yet to see Okoye make those sort of saves. No one is blaming him for today's goal but a it was saleable.
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Seriously, does Ike have a male pikin? We should draft him into the team.

1naija wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:23 am See Goalkeeping.

:clap: :clap: Ike

Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Okoye needs to learn how to get down quickly, learn how to put spring in his feet, and must be ready to be dirty. He comes off like someone who does not want to be dirty in the field. He must improve his reflexes definitely.