How Opponents Visualize Nigeria going into 3rd Round Qualifiers.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
How Opponents Visualize Nigeria going into 3rd Round Qualifiers.....

Post by Enugu II »

Below constitute my conjecture. What is yours.
HOW Opponents Visualize NIGERIA under Rohr

TEAM: We should no longer fear Nigeria but simply respect them. This is the final round of the World Cup qualifiers and if CAR, Sierra Leone and Cape Verde can obtain results in Nigeria why cant we? We will give as much as we get in Nigeria and look to win maximum points home and away. We know Nigeria plays scared and that will give us the room to operate. TBH, I was hoping to get Nigeria in this round than face any other team among the No.1 seeds.

COACHING: There is nothing remarkable here. Nigeria thinks that by hiring a German coach it can suddenly make them Germany. Hahahahaha. Look, to be serious we have been surprised how Nigeria has played against some teams that they ought to decimate. For us, it shows us that we can beat Nigeria handily.

GOALKEEPING: Well, the Nigerian goalkeeping is average and no where international class. We have watched some of Nigeria’s tapes and the guy is just big, but his size is nothing to fear. He reminds me of that long serving Ivorian goalkeeper who makes enough mistakes that you can always count on one in these series.

DEFENSE: Hahahaha. I thought I just discussed the defense or was that the goalkeeping? Well, the weakest point is the middle of their defense. The comfort level of their central defenders is surprising, and it is something that has been surprising that those are the best that Nigeria has. Maybe, they are just unable to find good Nigerians. But that is not our problem. In fact, we should be happy to play against those lads. Bring them on!

MIDFIELD: We know the Nigerian midfielders cannot keep the ball or they prefer to play it backwards, hoof it forward, or simply cough it up. We are sure to dominate this part of the field and win the series here. This is the World Cup Ticket zone. Don’t worry about the stories of this and that plays in EPL. EOPPL is not playing against us. Afterall these are mostly reserve players in EPL except maybe the guy at Leicester, but he is not a guy able to keep possession anyhow. What is there to fear, really?

ATTACK: Well, the truth is we have some concerns here and we must play and execute carefully because if Nigeria has a chance at all it will come from here. That tall guy is a load and plays like a workhorse from minute 1. We must match his energy. We cannot let him beast ups in the air or on the ground. We must close the channels because he runs into those and creates lots of havoc. He is also getting better in the air, and we must not allow him to dominate there. Tug on him, lean on him but never allow him a cleaner header. Our trap must be effective as he likes to beat the offside trap. Importantly, our goalkeeper must be the sweeper to negate his speed behind our defensive line.

If we do the above, we can wave good bye to Nigeria and make travel plans to Qatar. No biggie.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How Opponents Visualize Nigeria going into 3rd Round Qualifiers.....

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ok o! I hope they supply groundnut to go with the Gari we've bringing to drink on the day. Better yet, if they upscale us and provide free moin moin they'll be sure to go Qatar.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

This is so true its not funny! This is how I have argued with friends about the quality of our players.
First, we don't have a team because we have a coach who is above his league. It is painful watching this team play. The last time we had a great all around game was against Ukraine.
Goalkeeping: Cheez! Not completely sold on Maduka but he plays regularly in a nice league. Has not come with a crucial save yet.
Defence: Don't get with the center back pairing. Not ball players & lack pace. Is this the best pairing we have?
Midfield: Absolutely nothing here! Bunch of defensive ball players & no creativity. Square passes all around & horrible movement off the ball. Boring, boring group!!
Attack: Osimhen & that's it.

Everything all points to coaching!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:41 pm Below constitute my conjecture. What is yours.

TEAM: We should no longer fear Nigeria but simply respect them. This is the final round of the World Cup qualifiers and if CAR, Sierra Leone and Cape Verde can obtain results in Nigeria why cant we? We will give as much as we get in Nigeria and look to win maximum points home and away. We know Nigeria plays scared and that will give us the room to operate. TBH, I was hoping to get Nigeria in this round than face any other team among the No.1 seeds.

COACHING: There is nothing remarkable here. Nigeria thinks that by hiring a German coach it can suddenly make them Germany. Hahahahaha. Look, to be serious we have been surprised how Nigeria has played against some teams that they ought to decimate. For us, it shows us that we can beat Nigeria handily.

GOALKEEPING: Well, the Nigerian goalkeeping is average and no where international class. We have watched some of Nigeria’s tapes and the guy is just big, but his size is nothing to fear. He reminds me of that long serving Ivorian goalkeeper who makes enough mistakes that you can always count on one in these series.

DEFENSE: Hahahaha. I thought I just discussed the defense or was that the goalkeeping? Well, the weakest point is the middle of their defense. The comfort level of their central defenders is surprising, and it is something that has been surprising that those are the best that Nigeria has. Maybe, they are just unable to find good Nigerians. But that is not our problem. In fact, we should be happy to play against those lads. Bring them on!

MIDFIELD: We know the Nigerian midfielders cannot keep the ball or they prefer to play it backwards, hoof it forward, or simply cough it up. We are sure to dominate this part of the field and win the series here. This is the World Cup Ticket zone. Don’t worry about the stories of this and that plays in EPL. EOPPL is not playing against us. Afterall these are mostly reserve players in EPL except maybe the guy at Leicester, but he is not a guy able to keep possession anyhow. What is there to fear, really?

ATTACK: Well, the truth is we have some concerns here and we must play and execute carefully because if Nigeria has a chance at all it will come from here. That tall guy is a load and plays like a workhorse from minute 1. We must match his energy. We cannot let him beast ups in the air or on the ground. We must close the channels because he runs into those and creates lots of havoc. He is also getting better in the air, and we must not allow him to dominate there. Tug on him, lean on him but never allow him a cleaner header. Our trap must be effective as he likes to beat the offside trap. Importantly, our goalkeeper must be the sweeper to negate his speed behind our defensive line.

If we do the above, we can wave good bye to Nigeria and make travel plans to Qatar. No biggie.
EII, if this just your conjecture then you should change the thread title❗️

Cheers.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:41 pm Below constitute my conjecture. What is yours.

Look our they dissect our team easily just like our weak defense, terrible midfield, useless wingers and horrible coaching! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:17 am

EII, if this just your conjecture then you should change the thread title❗️

Cheers.
I thought Prof was going to feed us with foreign reports and analyses of our team.
Oh well….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I mean to be fair, aside from maybe Senegal and Algeria... we can say the same for the teams we will meet as well lol
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fledy wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:24 pm This is so true its not funny! This is how I have argued with friends about the quality of our players.
First, we don't have a team because we have a coach who is above his league. It is painful watching this team play. The last time we had a great all around game was against Ukraine.
Goalkeeping: Cheez! Not completely sold on Maduka but he plays regularly in a nice league. Has not come with a crucial save yet.
Defence: Don't get with the center back pairing. Not ball players & lack pace. Is this the best pairing we have?
Midfield: Absolutely nothing here! Bunch of defensive ball players & no creativity. Square passes all around & horrible movement off the ball. Boring, boring group!!

And who was the coach when we played Ukraine? Did he use players different from what he has been using all along?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

fledy wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:24 pm This is so true its not funny! This is how I have argued with friends about the quality of our players.

Sharap there and write your own
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Enugu II, if you are going to supposedly quote our "Opponents", you should also quote your source of information.
If this is just your opinion, then your title should clearly state so.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

I still can't fathom how Okoye and Uzoho are national team keepers, chai!! our stock has really fallen.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I think that African teams have thought this way about Nigeria for a while but when it’s big game and Nigeria doesn’t buckle the way they expect they seem to panick.Re: Cameroon 2019 Afcon (after Nigeria lost to Madagascar),CIV Afcon 2013 (After Nigeria scraped through the group with 2 draws and a win against Ethiopia who gave away 2 penalties) and the 2018 World Cup group against 3 former Afcon champions Cameroon,Zambia and Algeria!
Nigeria has been inconsistent in keeping up performances but they up their game when they are near finished!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

charlie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:34 am

Enugu II, if you are going to supposedly quote our "Opponents", you should also quote your source of information.
Charlie

What does the statement "my conjecture" mean? Or did that not precede the post?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:08 pm
charlie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:34 am

Charlie

What does the statement "my conjecture" mean? Or did that not precede the post?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:53 pm I think that African teams have thought this way about Nigeria for a while but when it’s big game and Nigeria doesn’t buckle the way they expect they seem to panick.Re: Cameroon 2019 Afcon (after Nigeria lost to Madagascar),CIV Afcon 2013 (After Nigeria scraped through the group with 2 draws and a win against Ethiopia who gave away 2 penalties) and the 2018 World Cup group against 3 former Afcon champions Cameroon,Zambia and Algeria!
Nigeria has been inconsistent in keeping up performances but they up their game when they are near finished!
100% spot on. When the draw was made for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers we were written off. Everyone pointed to Algeria & Cameroon battling it out. As you correctly pointed out, when we were drawn against Ivory Coast in the 2013 quarters we were overwhelmingly written off especially by our country men ditto after losing to Madagascar in 2019. I remember online others making fun of us. They sure got shut up quickly. The absolute fact is that it would be a misfortune for the team Nigeria draws in the last qualifier, as WE WILL QUALIFY, ROHR OR NO ROHR!