Owngoal reporting that Rohr has been sacked

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Owngoal reporting that Rohr has been sacked

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:11 pm Brings a serious issue, in general, to the fore. Why is Pinnick allowed to hire a coach he can’t afford? Suppose that due to their financial delinquency, Rohr continues to coach because they can’t get rid of him, what happens when his contract finally ends and they still can’t afford to pay him? Will they now give him Badagry as compensation❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

When well meaning patriots rail against the ill-advised engagement of a foreigner, just for the sake of having a foreign coach, things like that should be given serious consideration before the protestations are dismissed as bad belle❗️

Cheers.
Chief TTTK..again a slight clarification.
Rohr is not being paid much more than Keshi was or Oliseh, if at all.
And I am sure you are not suggesting that a Nigerian or even a 'local' coach should be paid less than a foreigner.

It's a catch-22 point you raise, but salary bracket for ANY Nigeria i.e. SE coach should be non-negotiable, Nigerian or foreigner
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:49 am
Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:44 am If true, it means now we can have a realistic discussion about the back up plan.
Nothing focusses the mind more than a dose of reality.

Who takes over? :idea:
This one pain you sha...
Why so? Why would it be painful to anyone considering we are not doing well? I was very much in support of coach Rohr initially, but lately, I changed position because it seems the man has reached his peak in taking us higher.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

No foreign manager has ever won the World Cup till date, and only two have reached the final match: George Raynor of England, with Sweden in 1958, and Ernst Happel of Austria, with the Netherlands in 1978 (43 years ago). Hire a local coach NIgeria! Like your own things! Just not the Oliseh, Siasia, or Salisu types.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Abbey wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:07 pm
chief nfachairman wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:03 pm My opinion. No local based coach is good enough for this role. I have dealt with ALOT of them this year, even going to their training sessions and they know nothing.

My best bet is finidi but he just started coaching pro-football. Maybe ndubuisi Egbo?
Ah... painting all local coaches with the same brush, eh? How exactly do you define a local coach? A local coach with no football diploma that lives in Nigeria? A local coach without football diploma that lives in Nigeria? A foreigner with/without football diploma that coaches locally?
By the way do you have a coaching diploma or are you a certified coach? How can you conclude from 'dealing' with THEM a LOT that they know NOTHING?
AFter been in football for over 35yrs, as a player in NIgeria and outside, commentator, watching several training sessinos of clubs around the world, academy coach, academy owner and now about to become a football club owner (We woudl commence in NLO1 and move up), i can categorically state that local coaches know nothing.

Now, for Ex-INternationals, Ive hardly come across any but FInidi looks good to me. Waiting to see what he would do with Enyimba. AMuneke has been out of job for almost 2yrs, while Equavon is a blockhead.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

chief nfachairman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:06 pm
chief nfachairman wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:03 pm My opinion. No local based coach is good enough for this role. I have dealt with ALOT of them this year, even going to their training sessions and they know nothing.

My best bet is finidi but he just started coaching pro-football. Maybe ndubuisi Egbo?
Ah... painting all local coaches with the same brush, eh? How exactly do you define a local coach? A local coach with no football diploma that lives in Nigeria? A local coach without football diploma that lives in Nigeria? A foreigner with/without football diploma that coaches locally?
By the way do you have a coaching diploma or are you a certified coach? How can you conclude from 'dealing' with THEM a LOT that they know NOTHING?
AFter been in football for over 35yrs, as a player in NIgeria and outside, commentator, watching several training sessinos of clubs around the world, academy coach, academy owner and now about to become a football club owner (We woudl commence in NLO1 and move up), i can categorically state that local coaches know nothing.

Now, for Ex-INternationals, Ive hardly come across any but FInidi looks good to me. Waiting to see what he would do with Enyimba. AMuneke has been out of job for almost 2yrs, while Equavon is a blockhead.
It’s OK to blow your own horn because no one will do it for you but weekend scrimmages under the Eko bridge don’t count🤔

… and now, ironically, you claim you are about to become a club owner, where you’ll be working with the lowest rung of Nigerian professional coaches. My friend, you don’t need anyone to discredit you. You are doing a bang up job all by yourself🙂❗️

Cheers.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

In 35 years all the local coaches you saw knew nothing?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

How indiscipline by players put Gernot Rohr in trouble

The Eagles team has become an undisciplined and disorderly lot under Rohr.
The falling standards, laissez-faire attitude of some players, and player power are some reasons the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) is looking for a solution to the position of Super Eagles manager, currently held by Gernot Rohr.

Many instances, especially in the Qatar 2022 World cup qualifying rounds, have shown that some players in the Eagles squad no longer respect their manager enough to keep to agreed rules and regulations in the way and manner the players should conduct themselves on national assignment.

This situation got to a head in the match against Cape Verde when the Eko Hotel camp of the Eagles was turned into a harem and carnival venue.

A shocked Ahmed Musa, Eagles captain , at the complacency of the coaching team in curbing the wanton indiscipline, made his angst known to some NFF members, who on investigation, found players like Kelechi Iheanacho, Kenneth Omeruo, and Chidozie Awaziem missing from their rooms after the time agreed for them to turn in.

This behaviour is not new in camp, with Rohr in full knowledge of what was happening under his watch, but he was not resolute nor decisive enough to put a stop to it by banning or fining the errant players.

Another observation during the halftime interval in the match against Cape Verde was that the coach did nothing about the melee that broke out between Leon Balogun and Jamilu Collins. This disagreement almost came to fisticuffs, but none of the technical team took control to quell the situation.

It has also been revealed that Balogun, Joe Aribo, Maduka Okoye, and William Troost-Ekong have deliberately missed flights that have cost the NFF extra in getting replacement flights to ensure they make the Eagles squad for matches. This was the reason Rohr benched Okoye for the match against the Central African Republic, which the Eagles lost 1-0 on October 7 with Francis Uzoho in between the sticks.

Player entourages were also a constant distraction with Rohr unable to lay down the law, a situation the NFF believes will hamper the chances of the team at the 2022 AFCON and in the last World Cup qualifiers in March.

Another argument for Rohr’s dismissal was his total dependence on a particular set of players, irrespective of whether they trained as hard or better than anyone else in their position.

Both parties-the NFF and Rohr- are trying to work out an amicable solution between themselves while insiders say the NFF is already interviewing for the soon-to-be-vacant job.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/f ... ouble.html
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:28 pm

It’s OK to blow your own horn because no one will do it for you but weekend scrimmages under the Eko bridge don’t count🤔

… and now, ironically, you claim you are about to become a club owner, where you’ll be working with the lowest rung of Nigerian professional coaches. My friend, you don’t need anyone to discredit you. You are doing a bang up job all by yourself🙂❗️

Cheers.
Pretty daft response.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:59 pm

In 35 years all the local coaches you saw knew nothing?
Nigerian coaches are good with discovering players. Few are good with grooming players the right way. Most are poor with Team management.

There's not one coach from all I've met or matches I've watched that's good enough. Half time team talk is a joke.

Met some to young coach some months ago. He seems to be on the right track. Went to UNN, then worked as rangers assistant coach, done his NIS, and CAF. Just commenced his UEFA and he's naturally very intelligent and we'll researched. I have hopes for young coaches like these.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

oscar52 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:45 am No foreign manager has ever won the World Cup till date, and only two have reached the final match: George Raynor of England, with Sweden in 1958, and Ernst Happel of Austria, with the Netherlands in 1978 (43 years ago). Hire a local coach NIgeria! Like your own things! Just not the Oliseh, Siasia, or Salisu types.
It would help if you can list a couple of local coaches who would be perfect for the job.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I think most reasonable folks have been suggesting ex-internationals which you just admitted you haven’t had much dealings with, so your revelations aren’t really relevant to the main discussion - forget side distractions.

But out of curiosity, will you be bringing in foreigners to coach your club since all the Nigerians coaches are inept?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chief NFAChairman’s comments are going largely ignored because he is confirming a hard truth - that our local coaching pool is extremely poor.
People would rather rubbish his experience of local coaches because we don’t want to believe it.

Yes it’s all well and good quoting a handful of ex-internationals but how many are they?
Amuneke, Finidi, Eguavon, Amokachi, Yobo, Oliseh…a grand total of six, four of whom have already been given a chance to show what they can do at that level with not very impressive outcomes. Two of those four were assistants.

Sebi na grassroots we dey talk about?
NFAChairman is giving you direct feedback from years working at that level but most would rather reject that and form their own opinions from their analyses based at desktop computer level. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Never trust owngoal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:50 am Chief NFAChairman’s comments are going largely ignored because he is confirming a hard truth - that our local coaching pool is extremely poor.
People would rather rubbish his experience of local coaches because we don’t want to believe it.

Yes it’s all well and good quoting a handful of ex-internationals but how many are they?
Amuneke, Finidi, Eguavon, Amokachi, Yobo, Oliseh…a grand total of six, four of whom have already been given a chance to show what they can do at that level with not very impressive outcomes. Two of those four were assistants.

Sebi na grassroots we dey talk about?
NFAChairman is giving you direct feedback from years working at that level but most would rather reject that and form their own opinions from their analyses based at desktop computer level. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spoken like a true enemy of progress
SuperEagles

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

chief nfachairman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:02 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:28 pm

Cheers.
Pretty daft response.
Daft response… that must be your new phrase of the day. You still haven’t explained how you hope to build a successful club with local coaches that know nothing or are you just going to perpetuate mediocrity❓❗️

Cheers.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Bump!

YeyeMan, Danfo Driver, Bigpokey and many others......I hope you are happy with your handywork.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:02 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:25 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:24 am
charlie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:32 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:03 pm
charlie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 pm I see the celebrations here and realize,....Nigerians are dumb.

Be very careful what you wish for....that is all I will say.
We wish for a better team, a team that Rohr can't produce. Nothing to be careful about.
Actually you wish for Rohr to get sacked with the hope you get a better team.
The problem is,...wishing is not a plan!

People like you are a parody of the clueless wishing for what they do not understand.
As I always said, it is very easy to destroy or dismantle, but building takes much more than wishes and mob justice.

If Nigeria fail to qualify for the WC because we messed up the team dynamics and stability by changing the coach at a crucial juncture,...look in a mirror because you and others like you are part of the reason.
I'm a fan, I'm not supposed to have a plan - don't be dense.

The people who ARE supposed to have a plan - people like Rohr - have shown themselves up to be clueless. Rohr is lost and out of time - another opportunity has arisen for him to be put out of his and our misery. I hope the NFF takes it this time.
:clap: :clap: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is exactly why Nigeria is broken and dead! Tufiakwa!

1 government is supposed to provide electricity; the Citizens do it themselves - generator/solar
2. government is supposed to provide water; the Citizens do it themselves - borehole
3. government is supposed to provide security; the Citizens do it themselves - mopol/gateman

Just to name a few! That is why Nigerians think its a fans job to create a plan for the national team, select a coach, coach the team sef! Tufiakwa! Who cursed us?????!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: no mind charlie, make person wind charlie.. dude wants CE folks who support the SE , to come up with a 5 year plan... smh... oh my wetin we no dey read here ..people like charlie dey take themselves too seriously
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

charlie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:44 pm Bump!

YeyeMan, Danfo Driver, Bigpokey and many others......I hope you are happy with your handywork.
charlie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 pm I see the celebrations here and realize,....Nigerians are dumb.

Be very careful what you wish for....that is all I will say.
We wish for a better team, a team that Rohr can't produce. Nothing to be careful about.

People like you are a parody of the clueless wishing for what they do not understand.
As I always said, it is very easy to destroy or dismantle, but building takes much more than wishes and mob justice.

If Nigeria fail to qualify for the WC because we messed up the team dynamics and stability by changing the coach at a crucial juncture,...look in a mirror because you and others like you are part of the reason.

The people who ARE supposed to have a plan - people like Rohr - have shown themselves up to be clueless. Rohr is lost and out of time - another opportunity has arisen for him to be put out of his and our misery. I hope the NFF takes it this time.

1 government is supposed to provide electricity; the Citizens do it themselves - generator/solar
2. government is supposed to provide water; the Citizens do it themselves - borehole
3. government is supposed to provide security; the Citizens do it themselves - mopol/gateman

Just to name a few! That is why Nigerians think its a fans job to create a plan for the national team, select a coach, coach the team sef! Tufiakwa! Who cursed us?????!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: no mind charlie, make person wind charlie.. dude wants CE folks who support the SE , to come up with a 5 year plan... smh... oh my wetin we no dey read here ..people like charlie dey take themselves too seriously
look at this one, you think i will lose sleep.. ii am glad we can cry now, come WC man will watch as w neutral. next time you people should have fired **** after WC 2018. me i no vex , may we suffer more when you hire a rubbish coach and some useless FA who likes to use fake UK CE players .. go and fix your youth u20 and u23.. you bring rubbish players like bassey and lookman .. I am happy we go siddon for house
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:22 pm

look at this one, you think i will lose sleep.. ii am glad we can cry now, come WC man will watch as w neutral. next time you people should have fired **** after WC 2018. me i no vex , may we suffer more when you hire a rubbish coach and some useless FA who likes to use fake UK CE players .. go and fix your youth u20 and u23.. you bring rubbish players like bassey and lookman .. I am happy we go siddon for house
Grown man fooling yourself at your age.
Own your folly like a man.
Nobody will kill you. Nobody is interested. :roll:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I slept well. You?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:16 am

I slept well. You?
Of course you slept well. Remorse requires introspection and humility. You have neither.
In 4 years, I can guarantee you will be one of those clamoring for the firing of a future coach, irrespective of results, timing or other factors.

In short, you are doomed to never learn.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I slept well. You?
:D :D :D :D
You are chesting it...like I accused Cellular of doing after the AFCON debacle.
But guy, you no get choice nah.
To accept that the WC exit pained you is to acknowledge that those that predicted this outcome might have had a point - which at the time, you were never even remotely ready to consider.

So in short, you are 'good' right now.
Interesting. :thumb:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

charlie wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:26 am

I slept well. You?
Of course you slept well. Remorse requires introspection and humility. You have neither.
In 4 years, I can guarantee you will be one of those clamoring for the firing of a future coach, irrespective of results, timing or other factors.

In short, you are doomed to never learn.
Go touch grass. Remorse for what exactly? Rohr was fired RESPECTIVE of results but mostly performance. I've wanted him gone since 2018 - so very respective of results and timing. It's Pinnick's folly that he waited until late 2021 to let him go.

Stop crying. It's enough.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:10 am

I slept well. You?
:D :D :D :D
You are chesting it...like I accused Cellular of doing after the AFCON debacle.
But guy, you no get choice nah.
To accept that the WC exit pained you is to acknowledge that those that predicted this outcome might have had a point - which at the time, you were never even remotely ready to consider.

So in short, you are 'good' right now.
Interesting. :thumb:
No bro. I've said recently my interest in the SE is near rock bottom. This exit does NOT pain me. It mostly makes me shrug and smirk for what it means to the likes of Pinnick and the garbage coaches. I feel a bit sorry for some of the players but they couldn't score a goal in 180+ minutes of open play vs a mediocre team so there's that.

After last night's game, I made dinner, ate well, went to bed on memory foam pillows and slept well. It'd have been great if we'd qualified for the exposure that comes with attending WCs but I don't let the SE ruin my mood these days. They're not worth it.

On a side note I'm just not invested in the Qatar World Cup. It'll be only the second WC I haven't attended since 1998. But I'll get my mojo back for 2026.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024