Owngoal reporting that Rohr has been sacked

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Owngoal reporting that Rohr has been sacked

Post by deanotito »

Cito wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:26 pm
Robbynice wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:23 pm Coach Yobo is already in the setup. You might as well give it to him
Who? Cmon man!!!!
Please no mind Robby with this trolling him dey do upandan. I go jus submit the team to all of you. I go follow Rohr resign jejely
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

sholaJay wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:46 am https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/11/ ... les-coach/

Can someone confirm ?
If true, a big blow for the Rohrbots but, it’s been a long time coming. He should have been sacked right after the last World Cup.

The NFF should be bold and daring and go after Mike Emenalo. He’s the best fit for the job, technically and experience-wise❗️

Cheers.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

With this developing story who are the SE players losing sleep over this news?
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Honestly don't think sacking him prior to key games and the African Cup is sensible...
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:23 pm
sholaJay wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:46 am https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/11/ ... les-coach/

Can someone confirm ?
If true, a big blow for the Rohrbots but, it’s been a long time coming. He should have been sacked right after the last World Cup.

The NFF should be bold and daring and go after Mike Emenalo. He’s the best fit for the job, technically and experience-wise❗️

Cheers.
That is when he should have been fired. The NFF, not wanting to be deemed irrational, bought the idea that the team was still being built that the team was learning. Then you watch the team and they are still trying to convince you that, "don't worry, it is still under construction." The problem was that the problems that beset the team when he took over are still there. The guys still play like they just met... you can say with any certainty how the team plays to say that you can plug and play players who fit the system... What system? Are we a counter-attacking team? Are we a direct playing team? Slow build up play? Try to walk the ball into the net team? Do we play from the middle? From the Flanks? What's our trademark? Are we a quick passing team? Are we difficult to breakdown? Do we pressure teams and force them to commit errors? Are we a physical team? A finesse team? What area of team play do we dominate? Attack? Midfield? Defense?

Mind you, this is after 5+ years.

Yet people are hoping that it will get better? What signs indicate that it will get better?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

marutimon wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:41 pm Honestly don't think sacking him prior to key games and the African Cup is sensible...
Algeria that we whooped up on did the same change and they ended up champions.

But for some reason, you think that **** is capable of learning this time around?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

kalani JR wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:49 pm This is foolish for several reasons.

1. Unless we fail to qualify for Qatar Rohr cannot be sacked until after the AFCON, he has currently has fulfilled all goals.
2. If we fail to win the AFCON, a new manager will have nine months at best to get used to the team, in which he would only play on the weekend of March 26th and September 24th.

We risk making the same mistakes as we did in 1998, 2002 and 2010.
You do think like a junior.

1. Rohr cannot be sacked until after AFCON???

It is the NFF’s prerogative to sack Rohr whenever they choose as long as they fulfill their obligations to him.

2. Appointing a new coach before AFCON not only gives him time to familiarize himself with the personnel, and win or lose, it also establishes a template to prepare for the playoffs❗️

Cheers.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

IF this is true, then I say Mike Emenalo. He has been an assistant coach as Chelsea as well as Technical Director there and in Monaco. How many Nigerians have that exposure. Even Newcastle are supposed to be after him as Technical Director. I think it will be crazy if he isn't even on the shortlist.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Wow, didn't think they had the balls, but ok, lets see if they can handle replacing him in a timely fashion...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kbt wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:51 pm IF this is true, then I say Mike Emenalo. He has been an assistant coach as Chelsea as well as Technical Director there and in Monaco. How many Nigerians have that exposure. Even Newcastle are supposed to be after him as Technical Director. I think it will be crazy if he isn't even on the shortlist.

HOw many games has he actually coached in the last 5 years?

Nigeria have Afcon in January. World cup qualifiers in March.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Can someone confirm ?

Cheers.
Maybe to run the NFF
He’s never managed a football team before. He’s an office man.

For the record, I hate seeing a manager fired. And Rohr has acted with and restored dignity to the Super Eagles. I’m grateful to him.

But the stakes are too high to continue with the mess we’ve seen in the last 10 or so games.

We have an opportunity to give someone at least three games in the ANC to develop a style that plays to our strengths - fast forwards with a formidable defensive shield.

That’s what will give us a chance in the playoffs and if successful, at the WC.

Not acting now would have been irresponsible.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

chief nfachairman wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:03 pm My opinion. No local based coach is good enough for this role. I have dealt with ALOT of them this year, even going to their training sessions and they know nothing.

My best bet is finidi but he just started coaching pro-football. Maybe ndubuisi Egbo?
Ah... painting all local coaches with the same brush, eh? How exactly do you define a local coach? A local coach with no football diploma that lives in Nigeria? A local coach without football diploma that lives in Nigeria? A foreigner with/without football diploma that coaches locally?
By the way do you have a coaching diploma or are you a certified coach? How can you conclude from 'dealing' with THEM a LOT that they know NOTHING?
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

marutimon wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:41 pm Honestly don't think sacking him prior to key games and the African Cup is sensible...
You are right, Nigeria faces an uphill taks. But doing nothing would have caused long term damage. We may not do well at Afcon or the worl d cup, but the next coach should start the process of rebuilding the team. Rohr kept making excuses and talking abut finding solutions to problems at pressers after been on the job for 5 years. Go\ and watch the last press conference, He has coached NIgeria for 5 years, he is still looking for solutions to be more efficient on offense, defenders taking the ball out slowly. You cant say Nigeria hasnt been patient. Normally Rohr should have been replaced after Russia 2018. In my opinion if you dont see progress or the coach cant sell you a destination. It is time to move on. People keep comparing him to westerhoff. Westerhoff had a destination and there was progress in the team play.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:54 pm
kbt wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:51 pm IF this is true, then I say Mike Emenalo. He has been an assistant coach as Chelsea as well as Technical Director there and in Monaco. How many Nigerians have that exposure. Even Newcastle are supposed to be after him as Technical Director. I think it will be crazy if he isn't even on the shortlist.

HOw many games has he actually coached in the last 5 years?

Nigeria have Afcon in January. World cup qualifiers in March.
I understand your point, but if you are talking a local coach with exposure, then he has it. Assuming he is allowed free reign to play and identify players. If they want to add Amunike to work with him, then fine. Anyway it's all rumour at the moment.
Last edited by kbt on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

waka-man wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:55 pm

Can someone confirm ?

Cheers.
Maybe to run the NFF

For the record, I hate seeing a manager fired. And Rohr has acted with and restored dignity to the Super Eagles. I’m grateful to him.

But the stakes are too high to continue with the mess we’ve seen in the last 10 or so games.

We have an opportunity to give someone at least three games in the ANC to develop a style that plays to our strengths - fast forwards with a formidable defensive shield.

As per the bolded, not quite accurate. Emenalo has some on-field experience as assistant first team coach at Chelsea❗️

Cheers.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Rohr said he is not yet sacked but that's what NFF is trying to do. They actually asked him to resign which he is not willing to do.

NFF should have sacked him after the WC when he crashed out at the First Round!

Sacking him now will not allow the new coach time to mold the team.

So leave Rohr alone till after the end of the WC!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Abbey wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:07 pm
chief nfachairman wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:03 pm My opinion. No local based coach is good enough for this role. I have dealt with ALOT of them this year, even going to their training sessions and they know nothing.

My best bet is finidi but he just started coaching pro-football. Maybe ndubuisi Egbo?
Ah... painting all local coaches with the same brush, eh? How exactly do you define a local coach? A local coach with no football diploma that lives in Nigeria? A local coach without football diploma that lives in Nigeria? A foreigner with/without football diploma that coaches locally?
By the way do you have a coaching diploma or are you a certified coach? How can you conclude from 'dealing' with THEM a LOT that they know NOTHING?
You must have a lot of time on your hands responding to such a juvenile viewpoint🤔❗️

Cheers.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:52 pm Wow, didn't think they had the balls, but ok, lets see if they can handle replacing him in a timely fashion...
NFF has denied sacking Rohr. :veryangry: :sad:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:51 pm
kalani JR wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:49 pm This is foolish for several reasons.

1. Unless we fail to qualify for Qatar Rohr cannot be sacked until after the AFCON, he has currently has fulfilled all goals.
2. If we fail to win the AFCON, a new manager will have nine months at best to get used to the team, in which he would only play on the weekend of March 26th and September 24th.

We risk making the same mistakes as we did in 1998, 2002 and 2010.
You do think like a junior.

1. Rohr cannot be sacked until after AFCON???

It is the NFF’s prerogative to sack Rohr whenever they choose as long as they fulfill their obligations to him.

2. Appointing a new coach before AFCON not only gives him time to familiarize himself with the personnel, and win or lose, it also establishes a template to prepare for the playoffs❗️

Cheers.
I believe his contract protects him which is why they are trying to get him to resign.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wanaj0 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:29 pm Rohr said he is not yet sacked but that's what NFF is trying to do. They actually asked him to resign which he is not willing to do.

NFF should have sacked him after the WC when he crashed out at the First Round!

Sacking him now will not allow the new coach time to mold the team.

So leave Rohr alone till after the end of the WC!
Yep, once you resigned him you sre stuck
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:25 pm

Can someone confirm ?

Cheers.
Maybe to run the NFF

As per the bolded, not quite accurate. Emenalo has some on-field experience as assistant first team coach at Chelsea❗️

Cheers.
Point taken. For a few weeks under Avram Grant, right?
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

waka-man wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:05 pm

Can someone confirm ?

Cheers.
Maybe to run the NFF

Cheers.
Remember before he was an assistant coach, he was chief scout and also I believe at some point opposition research, if I'm correct. He has worked under Conte and Mourinho. And by all accounts, he was successful at Chelsea. That must count for something compared to the other names being mentioned.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

kbt wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:20 pm
waka-man wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:05 pm

Can someone confirm ?

Cheers.
Maybe to run the NFF

Cheers.
Remember before he was an assistant coach, he was chief scout and also I believe at some point opposition research, if I'm correct. He has worked under Conte and Mourinho. And by all accounts, he was successful at Chelsea. That must count for something compared to the other names being mentioned.
I hear you, but I don't buy it.
Emenalo is a director of football, not a coach. At Chelsea, he functioned at Abramovich's man inside the dressing room.
My dream would be for him to run the NFF. But we have better options to manage the team on the field.