Owngoal reporting that Rohr has been sacked

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Owngoal reporting that Rohr has been sacked

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Anyway Nigeria need hope for a good Afcon and plan for the 2026 WC as I can’t see a new manager getting in there with two very important games and fixing any mess in that amount of time.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:24 pm Anyway Nigeria need hope for a good Afcon and plan for the 2026 WC as I can’t see a new manager getting in there with two very important games and fixing any mess in that amount of time.
I disagree.

The ANC, which we won't win, gives us 3 - 5 games to really build a squad that is capable of taking on any of the other 9 playoff contenders over two legs.

It's not like we're building a team from scratch. We can all agree on 18 out of the 23 squad members that will be in the Eagles in the next year.

Rohr's time wasn't wasted; the next person has a good platform to build from.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Remember what I said on the rumour thread...
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:55 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:54 pm I am at Eko Hotel with some officials and there are rumours. Something might happen by midnight.
Can they pay the man first before talking about firing him?

He has covered their shame for too long. No one deserves such treatment.

Pay him then address his performance or expectations.
His main supporter has also agreed its time for him to go. He has lost the battle. The only thing that will keep him beyond tonight is if he refuses the offer on the table and they would need more time to figure out how to do it without paying him the full compensation. In fact, they are meeting right now.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

The Sports Minister Wades In:
Super Eagles coach Rohr to know fate next week – Sports Minister
https://guardian.ng/sport/football/supe ... -minister/
Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr, will know his fate in the next week, according to the minister of youth and sports development, Sunday Dare.

Speaking at the ministerial press briefing anchored by the presidential media team at the presidential villa, Abuja on Thursday, Dare said his ministry was poised to adhere to due process on matters concerning the national football players and the technical staff.

The Minister said his ministry will await the report from the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) on the performance of the team in the recent matches, review it, among others before taking the necessary action.

Dare was asked to confirm whether the national team coach had been relieved of his job or asked to resign.

While noting that he could not speak much on the matter, he assured that the NFF report will be ready by next week, adding the ministry will equally act based on its content made available.

Continuing, the Minister assured that the Super Eagles will qualify for Qatar 2022 as everything was being done by the authorities to ensure qualification.
Last edited by Next on Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

waka-man wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:51 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:24 pm Anyway Nigeria need hope for a good Afcon and plan for the 2026 WC as I can’t see a new manager getting in there with two very important games and fixing any mess in that amount of time.
I disagree.

The ANC, which we won't win, gives us 3 - 5 games to really build a squad that is capable of taking on any of the other 9 playoff contenders over two legs.

It's not like we're building a team from scratch. We can all agree on 18 out of the 23 squad members that will be in the Eagles in the next year.

So long as some local coach does not come in to "build from scratch" and start filling the squad with "hey yous"

That's why I don't trust any Nigerian.

I will take the South African coach.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

I disagree.

Just need a good center back and a central attacking m/f... the players are fine. Rohr just wasn't getting the best out of them.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:05 pm Remember what I said on the rumour thread...
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:55 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:54 pm I am at Eko Hotel with some officials and there are rumours. Something might happen by midnight.
Can they pay the man first before talking about firing him?

He has covered their shame for too long. No one deserves such treatment.

Pay him then address his performance or expectations.
His main supporter has also agreed its time for him to go. He has lost the battle. The only thing that will keep him beyond tonight is if he refuses the offer on the table and they would need more time to figure out how to do it without paying him the full compensation. In fact, they are meeting right now.
:thumb: :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Rohr could resign.. This whole saga not good for the team..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Purity wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:27 pm Rohr could resign.. This whole saga not good for the team..
Thank you Jare. This is really be PR for Nigeria. Pinnick is already trying to do damag control,

https://www.completesports.com/pinnick- ... rnot-rohr/

You have a contract to honour that allows you to fire the coach. If you don't have $600k then seek other ways to improve the team. If you do then pay it and let him go. I don't think any serious minded coach will engage Nigeria at this point. We'll end up with puppets of the NFF who will end up destroying the team.
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:15 pm
I disagree.

So long as some local coach does not come in to "build from scratch" and start filling the squad with "hey yous"

No wonder you attacked Keshi, attacked Amodu, attacked Eguaveon, and eventually attacked Siasia. Let me break it to you, the foreign coaches are just as corrupt as the local coaches you demonize. I am not saying that they aren't corrupt Nigerian coaches, they are, but to make blanket statements is grossly unfair.
I don't even know why you're in the forum if you don't trust any Nigerian. I guess you don't even trust yourself. I pray that you're never placed in a position to ever hire a Nigerian. You will certainly discriminate.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:36 pm
Purity wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:27 pm Rohr could resign.. This whole saga not good for the team..
Thank you Jare. This is really be PR for Nigeria. Pinnick is already trying to do damag control,

https://www.completesports.com/pinnick- ... rnot-rohr/

You have a contract to honour that allows you to fire the coach. If you don't have $600k then seek other ways to improve the team. If you do then pay it and let him go. I don't think any serious minded coach will engage Nigeria at this point. We'll end up with puppets of the NFF who will end up destroying the team.
Even IF, and it's a big IF they find the money to pay arrears and the rest of the contract, will the new guy work for FREE?
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

kalani JR wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:49 pm This is foolish for several reasons.

1. Unless we fail to qualify for Qatar Rohr cannot be sacked until after the AFCON, he has currently has fulfilled all goals.
2. If we fail to win the AFCON, a new manager will have nine months at best to get used to the team, in which he would only play on the weekend of March 26th and September 24th.

We risk making the same mistakes as we did in 1998, 2002 and 2010.
That's why I said we keep making the same mistakes over but expecting different results.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

The title of this thread is yet to be confirmed, but the comments are as if it is. Just a window
on how we love turning rumors and guesses into facts. :wink: :taunt: :lol:

I feel the spirit of Amodu and Keshi dealing with us. At least those two put in their best
and gave some good results, then we rubbished their achievements, and hounded them
off the position. Now we are straddled with a coach who we can't just throw away since
he has and had fulfilled his mandate.

BTW, has anyone thought about how the NFF can pay off what's owed to Herr Rohr,
then turn around and hire one of those 'boutique' coaches that most herein are clamoring for?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:15 pm
I disagree.

I swear, I saw Eguaveon and Salisu somewhere . Instead make Rohr stay instead .
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

joao wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:21 pm The title of this thread is yet to be confirmed, but the comments are as if it is. Just a window

I feel the spirit of Amodu and Keshi dealing with us. At least those two put in their best
and gave some good results, then we rubbished their achievements, and hounded them
off the position. Now we are straddled with a coach who we can't just throw away since

then turn around and hire one of those 'boutique' coaches that most herein are clamoring for?
We probably can't even pay Rohr off.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

On a second note they should just keep Rohr and allow him see out his contract, I don't think there's any GOOD coach out there right now that can come in right away in such a short time and bed in his football ideas.. either way this is a very toxic situation on both sides, and I completely blame the incompetence of Pinnick and his NFF cohorts for this mess, whether we like it or not Rohr has met his targets so far, and it remains to be seen if there will be any major improvements on his part.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I see the celebrations here and realize,....Nigerians are dumb.

Be very careful what you wish for....that is all I will say.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:19 pm On a second note they should just keep Rohr and allow him see out his contract, I don't think there's any GOOD coach out there right now that can come in right away in such a short time and bed in his football ideas.. either way this is a very toxic situation on both sides, and I completely blame the incompetence of Pinnick and his NFF cohorts for this mess, whether we like it or not Rohr has met his targets so far, and it remains to be seen if there will be any major improvements on his part.
They can't afford to fire him, Pinnick has said such many times, so I was shocked reading this story, but reality is we stuck with **** unless he doesn't make the ANC final...then they can start the process to separate from him...I don't know why you guys are getting your panties in a bunch...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

charlie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 pm I see the celebrations here and realize,....Nigerians are dumb.

We wish for a better team, a team that Rohr can't produce. Nothing to be careful about.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:00 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:19 pm On a second note they should just keep Rohr and allow him see out his contract, I don't think there's any GOOD coach out there right now that can come in right away in such a short time and bed in his football ideas.. either way this is a very toxic situation on both sides, and I completely blame the incompetence of Pinnick and his NFF cohorts for this mess, whether we like it or not Rohr has met his targets so far, and it remains to be seen if there will be any major improvements on his part.
They can't afford to fire him, Pinnick has said such many times, so I was shocked reading this story, but reality is we stuck with **** unless he doesn't make the ANC final...then they can start the process to separate from him...I don't know why you guys are getting your panties in a bunch...
Exactly, it's pretty simple... If he fails to meet his contractual benchmark of reaching the AFCON final, then he walks away with no severance pay complications and both sides shake hands. We're stuck with Rohr now till the AFCON and if he somehow manages to turn it around and win the tournament or comes second best, then it will be a fair summary to his otherwise controversial legacy... the icing on the cake will be if he manages to also navigate the team through the murky waters of a tough world cup playoff... then even his biggest critics would agree Rohr was a success regardless of his largely sh*t football... unfortunately I don't see either scenario playing out so I would think NFF are already searching for a replacement.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:03 pm
charlie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 pm I see the celebrations here and realize,....Nigerians are dumb.

We wish for a better team, a team that Rohr can't produce. Nothing to be careful about.
Actually you wish for Rohr to get sacked with the hope you get a better team.
The problem is,...wishing is not a plan!

People like you are a parody of the clueless wishing for what they do not understand.
As I always said, it is very easy to destroy or dismantle, but building takes much more than wishes and mob justice.

If Nigeria fail to qualify for the WC because we messed up the team dynamics and stability by changing the coach at a crucial juncture,...look in a mirror because you and others like you are part of the reason.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I disagree.

The NFF will still be amateur and players like Shehu and Musa will still be mainstays so I’m not buying it!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

kalani JR wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:36 pm
joao wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:21 pm The title of this thread is yet to be confirmed, but the comments are as if it is. Just a window

We probably can't even pay Rohr off.
...a fact, but the detracting liars don't wanna see that. Pay the man and get your super knight you probably gonna owe for months and years.