Owngoal reporting that Rohr has been sacked

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Owngoal reporting that Rohr has been sacked

Post by cchinukw »

charlie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 pm I see the celebrations here and realize,....Nigerians are dumb.

Be very careful what you wish for....that is all I will say.
Rohr's tenure as coach has been uneventful. Hiring him was dumb.

We were never going to win any silverware with him in charge.

May I remind you that we managed to win the AFCON in 2013 with the usual NFF self destructive management.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

charlie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:32 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:03 pm
charlie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 pm I see the celebrations here and realize,....Nigerians are dumb.

We wish for a better team, a team that Rohr can't produce. Nothing to be careful about.
Actually you wish for Rohr to get sacked with the hope you get a better team.
The problem is,...wishing is not a plan!

People like you are a parody of the clueless wishing for what they do not understand.
As I always said, it is very easy to destroy or dismantle, but building takes much more than wishes and mob justice.

If Nigeria fail to qualify for the WC because we messed up the team dynamics and stability by changing the coach at a crucial juncture,...look in a mirror because you and others like you are part of the reason.
I'm a fan, I'm not supposed to have a plan - don't be dense.

The people who ARE supposed to have a plan - people like Rohr - have shown themselves up to be clueless. Rohr is lost and out of time - another opportunity has arisen for him to be put out of his and our misery. I hope the NFF takes it this time.
Last edited by The YeyeMan on Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

kalani JR wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:52 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:51 pm
kalani JR wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:49 pm This is foolish for several reasons.

1. Unless we fail to qualify for Qatar Rohr cannot be sacked until after the AFCON, he has currently has fulfilled all goals.
2. If we fail to win the AFCON, a new manager will have nine months at best to get used to the team, in which he would only play on the weekend of March 26th and September 24th.

We risk making the same mistakes as we did in 1998, 2002 and 2010.
You do think like a junior.

1. Rohr cannot be sacked until after AFCON???

It is the NFF’s prerogative to sack Rohr whenever they choose as long as they fulfill their obligations to him.

2. Appointing a new coach before AFCON not only gives him time to familiarize himself with the personnel, and win or lose, it also establishes a template to prepare for the playoffs❗️

Cheers.
I believe his contract protects him which is why they are trying to get him to resign.
Obviously, they would prefer if he resigns. If he does, they won’t have to pay him what they owe on his contract but the word is someone has agreed to pay his termination fees.

A poorly performing coach shouldn’t be kept on just to avoid paying him❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

1. Unless we fail to qualify for Qatar Rohr cannot be sacked until after the AFCON, he has currently has fulfilled all goals.
2. If we fail to win the AFCON, a new manager will have nine months at best to get used to the team, in which he would only play on the weekend of March 26th and September 24th.

It is the NFF’s prerogative to sack Rohr whenever they choose as long as they fulfill their obligations to him.

2. Appointing a new coach before AFCON not only gives him time to familiarize himself with the personnel, and win or lose, it also establishes a template to prepare for the playoffs❗️

Cheers.
I believe his contract protects him which is why they are trying to get him to resign.
Obviously, they would prefer if he resigns. If he does, they won’t have to pay him what they owe on his contract but the word is someone has agreed to pay his termination fees.

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:32 am

Cheers.

Cheers.
Similar to the same sponsorships that they have in place that made promises but aren’t actually paying? Some company also promised to be paying ****’s wages and he’s being owed how many months pay…abeg it’s all hot air…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

They should demote him and put Oliseh as coach. Shame should force him to resign, if he has any.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Some names should not be mentioned for the SE job again. Oliseh, Yusuf, and Siasia. That boat has sailed.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:24 am

We wish for a better team, a team that Rohr can't produce. Nothing to be careful about.

People like you are a parody of the clueless wishing for what they do not understand.
As I always said, it is very easy to destroy or dismantle, but building takes much more than wishes and mob justice.

If Nigeria fail to qualify for the WC because we messed up the team dynamics and stability by changing the coach at a crucial juncture,...look in a mirror because you and others like you are part of the reason.

The people who ARE supposed to have a plan - people like Rohr - have shown themselves up to be clueless. Rohr is lost and out of time - another opportunity has arisen for him to be put out of his and our misery. I hope the NFF takes it this time.
:clap: :clap: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is exactly why Nigeria is broken and dead! Tufiakwa!

1 government is supposed to provide electricity; the Citizens do it themselves - generator/solar
2. government is supposed to provide water; the Citizens do it themselves - borehole
3. government is supposed to provide security; the Citizens do it themselves - mopol/gateman

Just to name a few! That is why Nigerians think its a fans job to create a plan for the national team, select a coach, coach the team sef! Tufiakwa! Who cursed us?????!!!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Schillachi wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:53 am They should demote him and put Oliseh as coach. Shame should force him to resign, if he has any.
1. you cant shame the shameless :rotf:

2. that is called constructive termination.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:35 pm
kalani JR wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:36 pm
joao wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:21 pm The title of this thread is yet to be confirmed, but the comments are as if it is. Just a window
on how we love turning rumors and guesses into facts. :wink: :taunt: :lol:

I feel the spirit of Amodu and Keshi dealing with us. At least those two put in their best
and gave some good results, then we rubbished their achievements, and hounded them
off the position. Now we are straddled with a coach who we can't just throw away since
he has and had fulfilled his mandate.

BTW, has anyone thought about how the NFF can pay off what's owed to Herr Rohr,
then turn around and hire one of those 'boutique' coaches that most herein are clamoring for?
We probably can't even pay Rohr off.
...a fact, but the detracting liars don't wanna see that. Pay the man and get your super knight you probably gonna owe for months and years.
You seem hurt... your wretched white daddy who spends most of his time in Nigeria fooking our women, instead of doing his dammmmnn job is done! And thunder will faya and punish him, wherever he goes next.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:30 am
mcal wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:35 pm
kalani JR wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:36 pm
joao wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:21 pm The title of this thread is yet to be confirmed, but the comments are as if it is. Just a window
on how we love turning rumors and guesses into facts. :wink: :taunt: :lol:

I feel the spirit of Amodu and Keshi dealing with us. At least those two put in their best
and gave some good results, then we rubbished their achievements, and hounded them
off the position. Now we are straddled with a coach who we can't just throw away since
he has and had fulfilled his mandate.

BTW, has anyone thought about how the NFF can pay off what's owed to Herr Rohr,
then turn around and hire one of those 'boutique' coaches that most herein are clamoring for?
We probably can't even pay Rohr off.
...a fact, but the detracting liars don't wanna see that. Pay the man and get your super knight you probably gonna owe for months and years.
You seem hurt... your wretched white daddy who spends most of his time in Nigeria fooking our women, instead of doing his dammmmnn job is done! And thunder will faya and punish him, wherever he goes next.
...all is hurt, including you who hired a white man to this job for you.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:25 am

:clap: :clap: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is exactly why Nigeria is broken and dead! Tufiakwa!

1 government is supposed to provide electricity; the Citizens do it themselves - generator/solar
2. government is supposed to provide water; the Citizens do it themselves - borehole
3. government is supposed to provide security; the Citizens do it themselves - mopol/gateman

Just to name a few! That is why Nigerians think its a fans job to create a plan for the national team, select a coach, coach the team sef! Tufiakwa! Who cursed us?????!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: no mind charlie, make person wind charlie.. dude wants CE folks who support the SE , to come up with a 5 year plan... smh... oh my wetin we no dey read here ..people like charlie dey take themselves too seriously
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Yeyeman, Thank you for being truthful.

As you rightly said, you are a Fan and it is not your job to have, develop and implement a plan.
Yet, fans like you calling for Rohr's immediate termination, even though you admit to be clueless and have no idea of the consequences of such a decision.

So why should your opinion be taken seriously?

That said, even as a fan, even if its not your job to figure out a working plan,...you can at least think of the consequences of what you are asking for.

If Rohr is fired today, what happens next?
Who takes over the team without disrupting team balance and chemistry?
How do you pay the previous coach (Rohr) and the next coach?
Who will be the next coach?
How can you be sure he will be any better than the current coaching crew?
How does this disrupt crucial planning for the next phase of qualification?
How can you ensure the players will buy into a coaching change at this stage?
Is firing Rohr really the best option, or are there other options to help improve the team without disrupting it?

You dont need to be more than just a fan to think through these simple questions, and then use the inevitable responses to tamper your expectations.

Just use more common sense and less "mob" led emotions.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

charlie wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:55 am

As you rightly said, you are a Fan and it is not your job to have, develop and implement a plan.
Yet, fans like you calling for Rohr's immediate termination, even though you admit to be clueless and have no idea of the consequences of such a decision.

That said, even as a fan, even if its not your job to figure out a working plan,...you can at least think of the consequences of what you are asking for.

Is firing Rohr really the best option, or are there other options to help improve the team without disrupting it?

You dont need to be more than just a fan to think through these simple questions, and then use the inevitable responses to tamper your expectations.

Football is entertainment for the fans. If they are no longer enjoying it (and the vast majority of SE fans are clearly not), then they will ask for change. It is not their business to tell you how to get what they want. Imagine if I complained about food in a restaurant and I'm asked for a plan to replace the chef or make the food better.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:42 am

Football is entertainment for the fans. If they are no longer enjoying it (and the vast majority of SE fans are clearly not), then they will ask for change. It is not their business to tell you how to get what they want. Imagine if I complained about food in a restaurant and I'm asked for a plan to replace the chef or make the food better.
Asking for change without understanding the consequences of your requests is generally "childish".
If you are an adult that should understand that life is actually complicated and not everything will always be "entertaining", fun or easy, then actually insisting on change without analyzing the impact is considered "stupidity".

All I say is be careful what you ask for, especially if you have not considered the consequences.
Firing Rohr is not a solution on its own.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

charlie wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:49 am
aruako1 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:42 am

Asking for change without understanding the consequences of your requests is generally "childish".
If you are an adult that should understand that life is actually complicated and not everything will always be "entertaining", fun or easy, then actually insisting on change without analyzing the impact is considered "stupidity".

All I say is be careful what you ask for, especially if you have not considered the consequences.
Firing Rohr is not a solution on its own.
Your ad hominem insults are the sign of a lost argument. I'll be the "adult" and not address them.

Back to the matter. The consequences of what we are asking for are clear. A super eagles team that will qualify for the World Cup. Going back to my example, I want a well cooked meal...how the restaurant gets it is not my problem. And yes, football should not always be entertaining, but it should not always be terrible either. On this, or another thread, I posted about how I only went "Rohr out" during these qualifiers. Was he playing flowing entertaining football before then? If the answer is no, then that means that we at least tolerated the lack of entertainment for a while.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Who told those calling for change don't understand the POTENTIAL consequences?

This is in part a matter of risk vs reward, to stick or twist, and determine whether the potential rewards outweigh those risks.

I strongly suspect we've seen the best Rohr can do - I doubt we'll win AFCON with him or get to the final. Now we're seeing the worst he can do - and who knows whether we've even hit rock bottom with him. The point is, by now we have a clear understanding of his range and capabilities.

Now let's answer your questions:

A new coach will be appointed.

What balance, what chemistry?

Not my concern.

If I knew that I'd play the lottery numbers this weekend.

There's always a degree of uncertainty with any appointment. Football doesn't usually provide guarantees. You must know this by now.

Hire early to give the new coach as much time as possible for planning to minimise any 'disruption'.

How many players have come out in support of Rohr...?

All things considered, yes. Btw, disruption is not necessarily a bad thing.
Last edited by The YeyeMan on Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:11 pm Who told those calling for change don't understand the POTENTIAL consequences?

This is in part a matter of risk vs reward, to stick or twist, and determine whether the potential rewards outweigh those risks.

I strongly suspect we've seen the best Rohr can do - I doubt we'll win AFCON with him or get to the final. Now we're seeing the worst he can do - and who knows whether we've even hit rock bottom with him. The point is, by now we have a clear understanding of his range and capabilities.

Now let's answer your questions:

A new coach will be appointed.

What balance, what chemistry?

Not my concern.

If I knew that I'd play the lottery numbers this weekend.

There's always a degree of uncertainty with any appointment. Football doesn't usually provide guarantees. You must know this by now.

Hire early to give the new coach as much time as possible for planning minimise any 'disruption'.

How many players have come out in support of Rohr...?

All things considered, yes. Btw, disruption is not necessarily a bad thing.
KPOM KWEM
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

I asked many times what would be considered success for Rohr!

Rohr cannot win the ANC nor get us out of the 1st round of the WC.

People are worried now because WC qualification is looking doubtful!

All we are seeing now was OBVIOUS after the last WC where we went to learn. Almost 4 years after we are still learning while not improving.

For me, allow Rohr to finish the destruction he started so that there will be no IF.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

oscar52 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:10 am Some names should not be mentioned for the SE job again. Oliseh, Yusuf, and Siasia. That boat has sailed.
What about Salisu? :biggrin:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:36 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:32 am

Cheers.

Cheers.
Similar to the same sponsorships that they have in place that made promises but aren’t actually paying? Some company also promised to be paying ****’s wages and he’s being owed how many months pay…abeg it’s all hot air…
Brings a serious issue, in general, to the fore. Why is Pinnick allowed to hire a coach he can’t afford? Suppose that due to their financial delinquency, Rohr continues to coach because they can’t get rid of him, what happens when his contract finally ends and they still can’t afford to pay him? Will they now give him Badagry as compensation❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

When well meaning patriots rail against the ill-advised engagement of a foreigner, just for the sake of having a foreign coach, things like that should be given serious consideration before the protestations are dismissed as bad belle❗️

Cheers.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Nobe today people like you have been in existence. It is not an insult... you are just risk-averse.

Matthew 25:14-30

People like us (me, yeyeman and others) don't believe in burying one's talent for fear of losing it and getting punished by the wicked master. You have to dream the impossible dream and not be held hostage by your inability to dream big.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I don't see the need for all the ad hominem insults on this matter.
For God's sake, nobody is winning the lottery here for being right and no-one knows it more than others.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "