Owngoal reporting that Rohr has been sacked

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Owngoal reporting that Rohr has been sacked

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:53 am
Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:44 am If true, it means now we can have a realistic discussion about the back up plan.
Nothing focusses the mind more than a dose of reality.

Who takes over? :idea:
reality is better than what Rohr has been dishing to us.
Boss, but what is that reality, before we know whether it is better or not?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Pitso on a contract untill the end of the world cup would be an okay hire. Got to get the backroom staff hire right.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Africans doing the same ish over and over but expecting different results.
Smfh
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

deanotito wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:59 am I say Amuneke
Amune what????
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

My opinion. No local based coach is good enough for this role. I have dealt with ALOT of them this year, even going to their training sessions and they know nothing.

My best bet is finidi but he just started coaching pro-football. Maybe ndubuisi Egbo?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:45 pm Boss, but what is that reality, before we know whether it is better or not?
The reality is that Rohr is doing just enough i.e. My contract says we should qualify, I have qualified.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ROHR SACKED (RSTV)

Post by mcal »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:29 am $500k... Rohr is the winner here.
...isn't that the whole idea? Pay the man what you owe him, and move on.

Anyway, until we hear it from the 'horse's mouth' aka Piknic thn una can start jubilation.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

chief nfachairman wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:03 pm My opinion. No local based coach is good enough for this role. I have dealt with ALOT of them this year, even going to their training sessions and they know nothing.

My best bet is finidi but he just started coaching pro-football. Maybe ndubuisi Egbo?
The last one won the AFCON after similar comments were made upon his appointment. People also said that Gareth Southgate was rubbish. We need a coach with African experience, whether local or foreign. I would go for Pitso or Amuneke.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The NFF should still try to negotiate the money down.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:21 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:49 am
Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:44 am If true, it means now we can have a realistic discussion about the back up plan.
Nothing focusses the mind more than a dose of reality.

Who takes over? :idea:
This one pain you sha...
Why not? If true, e pain me too. I did not want to be discussing his sack at this time. I wanted to have a little moan about his "playing style" while still saying that he should stay on. But recent games have sadly put me on the "Rohr out" side.

Damunk is correct that reality after Rohr's sack will not be easy. But we don't have much to lose...we were on course for disaster with him anyway.
Damunk is not right and never has been right as far as ****
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:23 pm The last one won the AFCON after similar comments were made upon his appointment. People also said that Gareth Southgate was rubbish. We need a coach with African experience, whether local or foreign. I would go for Pitso or Amuneke.
Gareth came into an FA and structure that had changed significantly.

The old FA did not believe in u-17 or u-21 teams, the new FA believes in the u-17 and u-21 teams and St George's Park helped the development of these teams.

The old FA believed in players in premiership, especially those in the top 6 clubs and it reflected how coaches picked their 1st XI and how they played.

Gareth believes in choosing the best players per position. He has also successfully blended in young players and players from the u-17 and u-21 into the national team. This led to his successes.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

This is foolish for several reasons.

1. Unless we fail to qualify for Qatar Rohr cannot be sacked until after the AFCON, he has currently has fulfilled all goals.
2. If we fail to win the AFCON, a new manager will have nine months at best to get used to the team, in which he would only play on the weekend of March 26th and September 24th.

We risk making the same mistakes as we did in 1998, 2002 and 2010.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR SACKED (RSTV)

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:29 am $500k... Rohr is the winner here.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Sure keep telling yourself that. How much do you think we will make by winning nations cup and going far in the world cup. You guys are too shortsighted. Imagine someone looking at 500k as big money :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

deanotito wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 am Wow. NFF really have to get this next hire VERY RIGHT. In my opinion, forget the foreign journeymen. I say ex international.
Just hire someone who's good and will get the team playing like an actual team.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

fabio wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:39 pm
aruako1 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:23 pm The last one won the AFCON after similar comments were made upon his appointment. People also said that Gareth Southgate was rubbish. We need a coach with African experience, whether local or foreign. I would go for Pitso or Amuneke.
Gareth came into an FA and structure that had changed significantly.

The old FA did not believe in u-17 or u-21 teams, the new FA believes in the u-17 and u-21 teams and St George's Park helped the development of these teams.

The old FA believed in players in premiership, especially those in the top 6 clubs and it reflected how coaches picked their 1st XI and how they played.

Gareth believes in choosing the best players per position. He has also successfully blended in young players and players from the u-17 and u-21 into the national team. This led to his successes.
Amuneke has youth football experience and like Gareth he has worked with a few of the players at U-17 level.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I really hope they don't give this to Amunike!! His record at the senior level has been dismal! And his teams play a horribly disjointed style. Even his U-17 team depended more on individual brilliance than team play. We need to give this to a young, fresh mind. A man no older that 45. A man up to date with modern and innovative football tactics. A man in the mold of a Julian Nagelsmann. NFF I beg you!!! Get this right!!!!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

NA WHA FOR THOSE PEOPLE ASKING ROHR TO BE SACK! NIGERIAN GOVERMENT DONT GIVE MONKEY ABOUT THERE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL.GUYS !! WE ARE NOT EUROPE OR MAN U OR ARSNANL OR BERCELONA THAT CAN JUST FIRE COACH ,WHO ARE YOU BRINGING IN THIS KIND OF SHORT PERIOD OF TIME?? LET THE MAN GO TO NATION CUP AND SEE, EVEN IF WE MANAGE TO QUALIFIER FOR WORLD CUP WE ALWAYS COME OUT OF FIRST ROUND MOST OF TIME.
thanks
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Coach Yobo is already in the setup. You might as well give it to him
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Robbynice wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:23 pm Coach Yobo is already in the setup. You might as well give it to him
Who? Cmon man!!!!
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Nigeria could pay as much #$% N600m If decides to sack Gernot Rohr.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yobo is not experienced enough to handle a team that has few weeks to play at a major tournament and then play world up qualifiers inMarch against a top 10 African side. Nigria is facing an uphill task. Unforced errors along the way. The hard truth is most likely we wont do well at Afcon. we may qualify for the World cup.