Coach Yobo is already in the setup...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Coach Yobo is already in the setup...

Post by danfo driver »

Imagine shoelace who was so shiittee that he was benched by 35 year old Stubbs and 39 year old Weir -- couldnt compete and had to run to turkey -- trying to build a defense for us. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Joseph Yobo is not going to be the guy. In my view, if Rohr goes without someone stepping right in (during a break period), then there are three more capable options ahead of Yobo. The three are also connected at the moment: (1) Salisu Yusuf, and (2) Augustine Eguavoen. Then there is (3) Daniel Amokachi. How do I assess each of the three and their chances?

1. Salisu Yusuf (80%): In my view, the best placed guy in several ways but with a public baggage. He has shown that he can not only lead the team technically to an AFCON but also to the World Cup. He has the technical knowledge, which was acknowledged by Robr and actively sought by Rohr. In Rohr's absence, Salisu credibly led the SE to very good performances against both Senegal and Mali in top grade internationals, if you recall. He had a strong history of credible results at Kano Pillars, led Rangers as well credibly. In addition, he led the CHAN 2018 team to second place finish. However, we all know the baggage that he carries, which will lead to a loud outcry in spite of the fact that he has served his punishment.

2. Augustine Eguavoen (90%): In terms of winning percentage, he is one of the top managers ever to lead the national team. He has led the national team to a third place finish at the AFCON. He currently has access to the team as Head of the Technical Team of the NFF. In fact, he is the guy who likely provided the Technical Report of the current SE that is before the Sports Minister. In previous such situations (see Amodu), the NFF has turned to the Technical Lead to take over the SE on a temporary basis.

3. Daniel Amokachi (60%):Danirel previously coached as an Assistant under Stephen Keshi with the SE. He also led SE B team in a few gamers. Daniel is currently serving as Special Advisor on Sports to President Muhammadu Buhari. His view on Coach Rohr are well recorded. He is a possible option, given his experience as Manager not only with the national team but with a lower end European club side.

I believe all three above, on interim basis, will rank ahead of Joseph Yobo. In my view, Yobo, without any known certification, compared to the above three who all are certified, stands little chance and will be chewed up by the media if handed the position on an interim basis.

Although, publicly, no decision has been made on Rohr it is clear where the trajectory is headed. Rohr's only chance at the moment is not the severance money in my view because they can find that money from the private sector or reach an agreement where the payment is scheduled favorably in return for a fee increase. There are several ways to change the face of money. The sticking point, I would think (speculating), is that as the decision lingers Rohr gets reprieve in one of two ways: (1) The AFCON is barely weeks away and that is to Rohr's advantage as the longer the decision waits the more likely Ronr leads the team to the AFCON, and (2) Moreover, Rohr can build support as this thing lingers.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Augustine Eguavoen ?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:24 am Augustine Eguavoen ?
Yes, actually Augustine Eguavoen's record is remarkably similar to that of Gernot Rohre. Eguavoen never got a chance to have a run at World Cup qualification but he led the team to an AFCON and took third place. Rohr did not do better.\

Rohr's winning percentage = 52.7%
Eguavoen's winning percentage = 64.7%
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Give finidi or Amunike the chance that they have truly earned.
Eguavoen have had his.
Rohr to Eguavoen is just a lateral move
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Robbynice wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:32 pm ...If we are going to let Rohr go, we might as well make Yobo the man. He doesn't have massive experience but I think he will connect well with the players and he has that IT factor to make it work. Coach Joseph Yobo is the man for the job IMHO.
:rotf: The same Yobo when dodge Hombased eagles like stray bullet??
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:24 am Augustine Eguavoen ?

a country that recycle thieves as its leaders and you are wondering why the citizens want to recycle coaches? Nigerians have always loved to eat their vomit! Whenever anything fails in Nigeria, Nigerians go out there to look for that thing and use it again. What manner of citizenry is this??? Like I said, who cursed us??? :oops: :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

These are stopgap measures that may become necessary before hiring a substantive replacement. Hiring does not take just a week. Thus an immediate replacement for the short term, if Rohr is fired now, must come from inside. It only makes sense.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

This thread is a typical example of what happens when rhetoric hits reality head on. Somethings gotta give, and it's never reality.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Calculator
Egg
Egg

Post by Calculator »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:40 pm
Robbynice wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:35 pm
lumide01 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:33 pm Are you trolling?
I am very serious actually. We are not going to win the WC anyways. Might as well give one of the local coaches(in this case Yobo) the platform to gain experience. And you never know
Now I see why Rohr lasted this long in Nigeria. The level of loser-mentality in that country is resounding. :rotf: :rotf: You guys are never tired of learning :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abi oooh! Can someone really explain to me what is wrong in investing in a homegrown coach? I mean send him, loan him, give him all necessary training and opportunity to be great with our team. I understand most feel inferior to the likes of Brazil, Germany, France, etc, but we will never catch up to them like this. We are wasting resources and 5 years later we have regressed. The Nigerian league needs to be a focus. We can't do it like Europeans, but we can do it in a way that works for us and allows us to get better. We need 10 or 15 year plan, but everyone just wants to chop for Today. Africa has the greatest talents. If France can use our lost tribes to win the WC twice, it says a lot about how we can dominate the game with better management.
If at first you are Failure to Succeed, TRY TRY Again -- According to Basi Okon of Village Headmaster.