EMMANUEL AMUNIKE AND FINIDI GEORGE COMBO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

doctorollie
Egg
Egg
EMMANUEL AMUNIKE AND FINIDI GEORGE COMBO

Post by doctorollie »

Sweden was managed by T. Söderberg and L. Lagerbäck for 4 years (2000-2004). We can adopt a similar model too.

Employ Emmanuel Amunike and Finidi George to handle the SE and provide them the same support that was offered Rohr. We will see the return of our darling SE!

NFF, give the job to Amunike and Finidi! already!
Last edited by doctorollie on Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EMMANUEL AMUNIKE AND FINIDI GEORGE COMBO

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Boom...just like that, our SE will return and start qualifying the beautiful way. Unfortunately for them African coaches have been rules out. They want a Eastern European coach.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

doctorollie wrote:Sweden was managed by T. Söderberg and L. Lagerbäck for 4 years (2000-2004). We can adopt a similar model too.

Employ Emmanuel Amunike and Finidi George to handle the SE and provide them the same support that was offered Rohr. We will see the return of our darling SE!

Give the job to Amunike and Finidi!
I love both players but am less convinced of their pedigree as managers.

But I've asked this before - why do you think they need to co-manage?
Isn't this an indication that you feel that individually they do not have what it takes?
Is this not a little disrespectful to them as qualified coaches?

Just wondering. You are not the first person that has suggested this.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:12 pm Boom...just like that, our SE will return and start qualifying the beautiful way. Unfortunately for them African coaches have been rules out. They want a Eastern European coach.
Peterside Idah has made some outlandish statements on SuperSports in the past! I will take what he says with a pinch of salt.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Damunk wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:16 pm
doctorollie wrote:Sweden was managed by T. Söderberg and L. Lagerbäck for 4 years (2000-2004). We can adopt a similar model too.

Isn't this an indication that you feel that individually they do not have what it takes?

I just like the idea of a consortium of coaches for the SE; especially a consortium of Ex-internationals!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:12 pm Boom...just like that, our SE will return and start qualifying the beautiful way. Unfortunately for them African coaches have been rules out. They want a Eastern European coach.
Bro :woot:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

How about Emmanuel Amunike and Samson Sia Sia combo instead?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

return2k2 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:24 pm How about Emmanuel Amunike and Samson Sia Sia combo instead?
De tin fall my hand sef. Ok oo. :shock: when was the last time you saw Siasia on the sidelines? :!:
OCCUPY NFF!!
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

return2k2 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:24 pm How about Emmanuel Amunike and Samson Sia Sia combo instead?
Samson Siasia has been banned from all football activities until 2024!
Last edited by doctorollie on Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

If this is indeed the case then it is clear that it is Pinnick driving the process. Oh well, he is the President. He has this fascination with an Eastern European coach even before he was persuaded to hire Oliseh. At that time (and perhaps now?) he had a specific guy in mind who once managed the Black Stars in Ghana. For me the important thing is that whoever it is must be able to manage the political process with the media and the public.

But why rule out the likes of Amuneke? In my view, that is a slippery slope to role out any Nigerian from the get go. That is a political blooper right there.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:31 pm
If this is indeed the case then it is clear that it is Pinnick driving the process. Oh well, he is the President. He has this fascination with an Eastern European coach even before he was persuaded to hire Oliseh. At that time (and perhaps now?) he had a specific guy in mind who once managed the Black Stars in Ghana. For me the important thing is that whoever it is must be able to manage the political process with the media and the public.

But why rule out the likes of Amuneke? In my view, that is a slippery slope to role out any Nigerian from the get go. That is a political blooper right there.
This is why I think a combination of Amunike and Finidi will do us a world of good!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

doctorollie wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:24 pm

I just like the idea of a consortium of coaches for the SE; especially a consortium of Ex-internationals!
Okay.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Finidi seems to be doing a decent job at Enyimba so far, i think he needs to get some more time there to acquire more coaching experience under his belt... Amunike has more experience and should be given the job.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:39 pm

Okay.
Damunk,

So you agree with that? Any examples of where that has worked?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

So yall are clamoring for a guy who finished DEAD LAST at the last AFCON.

Hell no.

And stop all this "na Tanzania he qualify" nonsense.

Dude couldn't even manage a draw against Kenya.

Since he was fired Tanzania has managed to beat both Benin and Madagascar (2 afcon quarterfinalists) and drew against DR Congo. They also drew against Tunisia (afcon semifinalist) All of these teams are much better than Kenya who beat Amunekes team.

Bottom line Amunike did nothing special with Tanzania, and in fact Tanzania has significantly improved AFTER Amuneke was fired. The results I posted proves it.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:58 pm So yall are clamoring for a guy who finished DEAD LAST at the last AFCON.

Hell no.

Since he was fired Tanzania has managed to beat both Benin and Madagascar (2 afcon quarterfinalists) and drew against DR Congo. They also drew against Tunisia (afcon semifinalist) All of these teams are much better than Kenya who beat Amunekes team.

Bottom line Amunike did nothing special with Tanzania, and in fact Tanzania has significantly improved AFTER Amuneke was fired. The results I posted proves it.
It was the confidence he gave the team after qualifying them for the first time in 39 years that has led them to improve. First qualification in 39 years...you can't deny that. Just the same way you can't wish away the 2013 ANC.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:58 pm So yall are clamoring for a guy who finished DEAD LAST at the last AFCON.

Hell no.

Football is not Mathematics bro! Even the world best coaches have coached teams that fell to much inferior opponents. It is not always linear in football.
Last edited by doctorollie on Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

doctorollie wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:07 pm Sweden was managed by T. Söderberg and L. Lagerbäck for 4 years (2000-2004). We can adopt a similar model too.

Coaching combo or coaching by committee is never a good thing. For one it might create a fractured allegiance for the players and most importantly depicts an allusion that no one is specifically in charge.
At this stage in his career Amunike would be my logical choice. He has the pedigree and has proven a successful stint at the national level haven guided the Tanzanian national team to the 2019 nations cup. He is also familiar with a core of the SE players. He coached Osimhen and Chukwueze in the 2015 U-17 world cup and might be persuaded to bring in fresher faces to the team. Players like Nwakali will certainly welcome the invitation.
This is 2021. We shouldn't be looking at Europeans as knights in shining armor to coach us as first options. Nigeria used to play with a discernible pattern of free flowing and attacking soccer with power. We have lost the pattern. Amunike might resurrect it.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:42 pm

Okay.
Damunk,

Nope. :?
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Abbey wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:59 pm
doctorollie wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:07 pm Sweden was managed by T. Söderberg and L. Lagerbäck for 4 years (2000-2004). We can adopt a similar model too.

Coaching combo or coaching by committee is never a good thing. For one it might create a fractured allegiance for the players and most importantly depicts an allusion that no one is specifically in charge.
At this stage in his career Amunike would be my logical choice. He has the pedigree and has proven a successful stint at the national level haven guided the Tanzanian national team to the 2019 nations cup. He is also familiar with a core of the SE players. He coached Osimhen and Chukwueze in the 2015 U-17 world cup and might be persuaded to bring in fresher faces to the team. Players like Nwakali will certainly welcome the invitation.
This is 2021. We shouldn't be looking at Europeans as knights in shining armor to coach us as first options. Nigeria used to play with a discernible pattern of free flowing and attacking soccer with power. We have lost the pattern. Amunike might resurrect it.

A slight variation might be Amunike as Head coach and Finidi as his assistant?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:06 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:42 pm

Okay.
Damunk,

Nope. :?
Damunk,

I was surprised and sense that you simply made that statement tongue-in-cheek. :rotf:

First, it is a recipe for disasters as they say too many cooks spoil the ..... The reality is that there must be ONE LEADER. The guy where the buck stops. The one who takes responsibility. This idea of joint coaching makes little sense and by the way we have tried it before it it failed woefully.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

doctorollie wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:35 pm
Abbey wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:59 pm

A slight variation might be Amunike as Head coach and Finidi as his assistant?
I think you are looking at Finidi through a nostalgic lens. He has not won or proven anything at this stage in his coaching career. A very good player does not automatically translate to a good coach. Finidi needs some time. If Amunike is appointed as the new coach he should be given unfettered access and rights to choose whomever he wants in his team. If he chooses Finidi, great! But no one should impose anybody on him.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

NO…..too many egos
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........