The NEW SE COACH HAS BEEN REVEALED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The NEW SE COACH HAS BEEN REVEALED

Post by mcal »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:25 pm
mcal wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:07 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:51 am I’m still holding out hope that the news of the “new” coach is just a rumor. What evidence is there that he is more competent than any of the local probables❓❗️

Cheers.
...the evidence is starring you right in the face...skin color.
I hope you’re just being sarcastic❗️

Cheers.
...sarcastic, at same time the truth, he has their desired skin color :(
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:49 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:52 pm I am not familiar with Pinick’s comments or actions towards black coaches in general.
Nigerian coaches more like.
Can you point us in the direction of evidence to support his negative views on black coaches?
Tenx boss. :idea:
It is from personal interaction...
Exactly. Amaju's history about things foreign v things local is well documented

1. Furniture issues
2. His first camping of young lads in London.
3. His statements about managers. It took the weight of his VP to even get him to hire Oliseh.

Let us be frank, IT IS WHAT IT IS.
...add his love for foreign club. His weekend jetting out to London to catch matches. We are sick, Nigeria is sick.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:53 am
txj wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:14 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:43 pm
txj wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:07 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:09 pm
deanotito wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:23 pm Look, I’m fairly certain that if they hire this guy, I will just leave this team for them.

The truth is that it’s becoming clear that our team cannot overcome a corrupt and craven administration. The only way this hire makes any sense to anyone is if they’re getting a kickback. And I don’t want to waste my time supporting a team that ultimately can’t go anywhere because it’s badly run.

Hate to leave the SE. Na my only team be dat. But with hires like this, it’s a waste of time
The local coach or coaches can't work under this present administration led by Pinnick.

When you tell him about hiring a Naijarian or even a black coach he will make some asinine comment about, "I know my people". Implying that they will coach with prejudice and bias... but he doesn't care about the bigger picture.

The idea should never be simply to hire a black coach, but a good on black, white, yellow.... There's no bigger picture than competence.
You do know that DIVERSITY in hiring starts with a conscious attempt at doing it.

It is not happenstance or the claptrap about competence. You have to want to do it first...

Pinnick has an affinity for anything foreign. He just does not believe in local capacity or a blackman like him being capable... or seeing Naijaria as a place that could take the lead in providing an opportunity for hundreds of black coaches who don't get the opportunity. Pinnick perpetuates a narrative about local coaches or even black coaches.

Diversity does not mean that you must hire a black coach. It just means that you give blacks a fair consideration among others.

What you pointed out above is a competency issue re Pinnick, and that is separate from what I'm talking about.

Our goal is to hire a competent manager not to prove a point.
I guess to you and Pinnick, competency comes automatically with skin color?

If I have to explain to you about legacy and role models and having black people in a position of leadership and breaking stereotypes about blacks in coaching and management then your many moons in obodo oyibo have been a colossal waste of time.

We're trying to win bro not prove some affirmative action point! We have black coaches in ALL Nigerian clubs. That counts too.

We are not in football to provide affirmative action opportunity for the entire black race.

Our goal is to hire a coach that gives us the best chance to win, whatever his color...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:50 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:49 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:52 pm I am not familiar with Pinick’s comments or actions towards black coaches in general.
Nigerian coaches more like.
Can you point us in the direction of evidence to support his negative views on black coaches?
Tenx boss. :idea:
It is from personal interaction...
Exactly. Amaju's history about things foreign v things local is well documented

1. Furniture issues
2. His first camping of young lads in London.
3. His statements about managers. It took the weight of his VP to even get him to hire Oliseh.

Let us be frank, IT IS WHAT IT IS.
...add his love for foreign club. His weekend jetting out to London to catch matches. We are sick, Nigeria is sick.
mcal,

If you recall he got into hot water on this very issue within his first few weeks as NFF President when he shared selfies of himself enjoying an Arsenal game instead of attending a game involving the Super Falcons. It is a BIG SHAME. The guy seems to miss the fact that his task is to develop Nigerian football. A result of all this is that youth football in Nigeria and its performance at international contests appear to be on a decline. He seems to believe that all problems can be solved by relying on Europe to develop the talent. He is basically outsourcing the training to foreign climes. His success doing so for athletics while he was Director of Sports has led to this belief that such outsourcing is the way for Nigeria. Surely, he has been enforcing it with Nigerian football but the outcome has been putrid at best when compared to the past.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:43 am
Synopsis wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:24 am This is fake news.
Mind telling us how it's fake news?
Rohr is still Nigeria’s coach and will most likely be the coach during AFCON!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Synopsis wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:25 pm
Lol, negotiations are in effect for his sack dude, follow the updates!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:10 pm
Synopsis wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:25 pm
Lol, negotiations are in effect for his sack dude, follow the updates!
If you have to negotiate a sacking of a football coach then you probably need to face the sack yourself.

BTW, how's the Gofund me effort going? :laugh:
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:55 pm If you have to negotiate a sacking of a football coach then you probably need to face the sack yourself.

BTW, how's the fund me effort going? :laugh:
Moving on can be difficult. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:15 am

If I have to explain to you about legacy and role models and having black people in a position of leadership and breaking stereotypes about blacks in coaching and management then your many moons in obodo oyibo have been a colossal waste of time.

We're trying to win bro not prove some affirmative action point! We have black coaches in ALL Nigerian clubs. That counts too.

We are not in football to provide affirmative action opportunity for the entire black race.

Our goal is to hire a coach that gives us the best chance to win, whatever his color...
The same goal of hiring a coach that gives you the best chance to win still applies.

But you have to have an open transparent process.

This is the crap that the NFL, NBA, MSL, even across the pond in EPL do... they just go and hire folks without giving people of color the opportunity to interview.

The Naijarian National Team coach should at the very least interview a coach of color... we are not talking about a set aside the euphemism folks who are against Affirmative Action use.

Open the process so that other coaches especially those of color can apply.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

BTW, I am waiting for the day, the NFF is run by a foreigner or oyibo person since running an FA is a heavy lift as well.

Maybe Pinnick and co will have a rethink.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:04 pm
txj wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:15 am

The same goal of hiring a coach that gives you the best chance to win still applies.

But you have to have an open transparent process.

This is the crap that the NFL, NBA, MSL, even across the pond in EPL do... they just go and hire folks without giving people of color the opportunity to interview.

The Naijarian National Team coach should at the very least interview a coach of color... we are not talking about a set aside the euphemism folks who are against Affirmative Action use.

Open the process so that other coaches especially those of color can apply.
We have debated this previously and that European method of hiring is retrogressive and should never be copied. Oh well we have Pinnick so I understand.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics