The NEW SE COACH HAS BEEN REVEALED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: The NEW SE COACH HAS BEEN REVEALED

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:19 am If we have to fire Rohr, I believe we shouldn't. the best long-term option would be to hand the team over to Finidi, Amunike and olofinjana as Tech Adviser, Lead coach and scout respectively under a new Nff chair.
Once a year, you make a sensible post. :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

deanotito wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:23 pm Look, I’m fairly certain that if they hire this guy, I will just leave this team for them.

The truth is that it’s becoming clear that our team cannot overcome a corrupt and craven administration. The only way this hire makes any sense to anyone is if they’re getting a kickback. And I don’t want to waste my time supporting a team that ultimately can’t go anywhere because it’s badly run.

Hate to leave the SE. Na my only team be dat. But with hires like this, it’s a waste of time
The local coach or coaches can't work under this present administration led by Pinnick.

When you tell him about hiring a Naijarian or even a black coach he will make some asinine comment about, "I know my people". Implying that they will coach with prejudice and bias... but he doesn't care about the bigger picture.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robotnik wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:41 am Look at the guy you are hiring. From frying pan to fire lol. You will regret getting rid of Rohr.

[tweet][/tweet]

It is you and that b4st4trd **** who will regret his life! Thunda faya you! nonsense!

I wonder why they allow slaves like you post here. Go home and cry! Your b4st4rd white daddy is gone! And trust me, no one will hear about that rotten teeth ever again.

If he is good, lets see what job he gets next :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:09 pm
deanotito wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:23 pm Look, I’m fairly certain that if they hire this guy, I will just leave this team for them.

The truth is that it’s becoming clear that our team cannot overcome a corrupt and craven administration. The only way this hire makes any sense to anyone is if they’re getting a kickback. And I don’t want to waste my time supporting a team that ultimately can’t go anywhere because it’s badly run.

Hate to leave the SE. Na my only team be dat. But with hires like this, it’s a waste of time
The local coach or coaches can't work under this present administration led by Pinnick.

When you tell him about hiring a Naijarian or even a black coach he will make some asinine comment about, "I know my people". Implying that they will coach with prejudice and bias... but he doesn't care about the bigger picture.
Yet I'm being told that it is not about skin colour.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:03 pm
Robotnik wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:41 am Look at the guy you are hiring. From frying pan to fire lol. You will regret getting rid of Rohr.

So, we are getting Rohr 2.0?

Nice...

This Pinnick sef.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

If we are entirely honest with ourselves, few if any of our ex-internationals have shown enough professional dedication and ambition to transition into top level coaches.

Why do I say this? Cus I've seen quite a few of their contemporaries from other African countries go thru the process without seeking short cuts, most recent being Yaya Toure who spent a couple of the last few months with Klopp at LFC.

The closest remains Oliseh and we know the history already...

At this point in time, we should not need to be hiring foreign managers. But atm, we do lack quality options, and not even at the level of potential...

Even worse, it does not look like changing for a while longer...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The idea should never be simply to hire a black coach, but a good on black, white, yellow.... There's no bigger picture than competence.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:07 pm

The idea should never be simply to hire a black coach, but a good on black, white, yellow.... There's no bigger picture than competence.
You do know that DIVERSITY in hiring starts with a conscious attempt at doing it.

It is not happenstance or the claptrap about competence. You have to want to do it first...

Pinnick has an affinity for anything foreign. He just does not believe in local capacity or a blackman like him being capable... or seeing Naijaria as a place that could take the lead in providing an opportunity for hundreds of black coaches who don't get the opportunity. Pinnick perpetuates a narrative about local coaches or even black coaches.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:43 pm

You do know that DIVERSITY in hiring starts with a conscious attempt at doing it.

It is not happenstance or the claptrap about competence. You have to want to do it first...

Pinnick has an affinity for anything foreign. He just does not believe in local capacity or a blackman like him being capable... or seeing Naijaria as a place that could take the lead in providing an opportunity for hundreds of black coaches who don't get the opportunity. Pinnick perpetuates a narrative about local coaches or even black coaches.
I am not familiar with Pinick’s comments or actions towards black coaches in general.
Nigerian coaches more like.
Can you point us in the direction of evidence to support his negative views on black coaches?
Tenx boss. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:52 pm I am not familiar with Pinick’s comments or actions towards black coaches in general.
Can you point us in the direction of evidence to support his negative views on black coaches?
It is from personal interaction...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:49 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:52 pm I am not familiar with Pinick’s comments or actions towards black coaches in general.
Exactly. Amaju's history about things foreign v things local is well documented

1. Furniture issues
2. His first camping of young lads in London.
3. His statements about managers. It took the weight of his VP to even get him to hire Oliseh.

Let us be frank, IT IS WHAT IT IS.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

But he was proven right.

How did Oliseh "lemme beef with players" work out ?

Pinnick is right to be skeptical about Nigerian coaches, I dont blame him one bit.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:34 pm But he was proven right.

How did Oliseh "lemme beef with players" work out ?

Pinnick is right to be skeptical about Nigerian coaches, I dont blame him one bit.
VE

Now your getting into the territory of stereotype.

Is Oliseh like Keshi? Is Oliseh like Amaju? Why paint all Nigerian coaches with same brush?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Diversity does not mean that you must hire a black coach. It just means that you give blacks a fair consideration among others.

What you pointed out above is a competency issue re Pinnick, and that is separate from what I'm talking about.

Our goal is to hire a competent manager not to prove a point.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:03 pm

If we are entirely honest with ourselves, few if any of our ex-internationals have shown enough professional dedication and ambition to transition into top level coaches.

Why do I say this? Cus I've seen quite a few of their contemporaries from other African countries go thru the process without seeking short cuts, most recent being Yaya Toure who spent a couple of the last few months with Klopp at LFC.

At this point in time, we should not need to be hiring foreign managers. But atm, we do lack quality options, and not even at the level of potential...

What about Finidi and Egbo Ndubuisi?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:40 pm

Finidi just started at Enyimba. Ordinarily, a league should serve as a laboratory for coaches to grow in the game, but we do not have a functional domestic game...

Don't really know much about Egbo except hat he was at Tirana in Albania to finish out a season after the manager and his assistants were fired and then subsequently...This hardly pulls up any trees...

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:52 pm

Finidi just started at Enyimba. Ordinarily, a league should serve as a laboratory for coaches to grow in the game, but we do not have a functional domestic game...

Don't really know much about Egbo except hat he was at Tirana in Albania to finish out a season after the manager and his assistants were fired and then subsequently...This hardly pulls up any trees...
Egbo won the 1st division league there and coached in UEFA CL and Europa which is more than Oliseh has ever achieved. Wonder why he’s always the one propped up when he hasn’t done that much either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 931341.amp
Egbo won the Albanian league, the cup and Super Cup in three years as a player with KF Tirana.

After holding the coaching job on an interim basis many times before, he was appointed partway through the season in late 2019, with Tirana eighth in the 10-team division.

But the former Super Eagles keeper, who is a duel Nigerian-Albanian national, realised the local media had labelled his old team a 'sinking ship' got to work and swiftly turned things around by bringing a new attitude to the club.

Results improved as he guided the team to a 16-game unbeaten run, stepped things up by winning 20 out of 23 matches which culminated in FK Tirana being crowned the Kategoria Superiore champions in the 100th year of the club's formation.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:05 pm

Egbo won the 1st division league there and coached in UEFA CL and Europa which is more than Oliseh has ever achieved. Wonder why he’s always the one propped up when he hasn’t done that much either.

Egbo won the Albanian league, the cup and Super Cup in three years as a player with KF Tirana.

After holding the coaching job on an interim basis many times before, he was appointed partway through the season in late 2019, with Tirana eighth in the 10-team division.

But the former Super Eagles keeper, who is a duel Nigerian-Albanian national, realised the local media had labelled his old team a 'sinking ship' got to work and swiftly turned things around by bringing a new attitude to the club.

Results improved as he guided the team to a 16-game unbeaten run, stepped things up by winning 20 out of 23 matches which culminated in FK Tirana being crowned the Kategoria Superiore champions in the 100th year of the club's formation.

In Albania. That's a hard, hard sell...He needs more than that esp as he was never a high profile player...

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:10 pm

In Albania. That's a hard, hard sell...He needs more than that esp as he was never a high profile player...
Oliseh coached in which division though, and didn’t lead his team to promotion. To me Egbos coaching experience reads better than Oliseh. Esp. being a champion and coaching in the CL. Oliseh just talks a good game, but has sucked at every actual coaching job he’s had…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:30 pm
txj wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:10 pm

Oliseh coached in which division though, and didn’t lead his team to promotion. To me Egbos coaching experience reads better than Oliseh. Esp. being a champion and coaching in the CL. Oliseh just talks a good game, but has sucked at every actual coaching job he’s had…

If you were the NFF President you will hire Ndubuisi Egbo on the basis of a coaching stint in Albania?
Lets be realistic...

Oliseh has the profile from his playing days and was in Holland not Albania.

Nobody in Nigeria is going to hire a coach from Albania and not escape lynching!!!

Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

When you tell him about hiring a Naijarian or even a black coach he will make some asinine comment about, "I know my people"
. Implying that they will coach with prejudice and bias... but he doesn't care about the bigger picture.
We have hired foreign coaches that have not taken us past where we have proven we can go with local coaches, the only constant is a local NFF board. Maybe it is time we look at hiring some salaried foreign administrators to see if they can do better.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:14 pm

Diversity does not mean that you must hire a black coach. It just means that you give blacks a fair consideration among others.

What you pointed out above is a competency issue re Pinnick, and that is separate from what I'm talking about.

Our goal is to hire a competent manager not to prove a point.
I guess to you and Pinnick, competency comes automatically with skin color?

If I have to explain to you about legacy and role models and having black people in a position of leadership and breaking stereotypes about blacks in coaching and management then your many moons in obodo oyibo have been a colossal waste of time.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:49 pm
Exactly. Amaju's history about things foreign v things local is well documented

1. Furniture issues
2. His first camping of young lads in London.
3. His statements about managers. It took the weight of his VP to even get him to hire Oliseh.

Let us be frank, IT IS WHAT IT IS.
You forgot to add.... (@FIFAWorldCupNGA) Russia 2018.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim