The NEW SE COACH HAS BEEN REVEALED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goalgetter
Egg
Egg
Re: The NEW SE COACH HAS BEEN REVEALED

Post by Goalgetter »

The fact he is young is a good thing. He will be motivated and open to new ideas, and that energy will be reflected on the players. They will fight. Rhor has zero ambition.. it was terrible to watch. He passed on that absolute lack of ambition to his players. Any coach that says Nigeria’s national team is at the world cup to learn and not to compete, doesn’t deserve to be our national team coach. NFF were dumb to keep him after that.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:30 pm He coached a Serbian club, I wonder if he is aware of Sadiq while he was the top striker in the Serbian league. Would this help Sadiq get a callup.
I mean this guy is relatively young, so I would expect him to be a fan of young talents like Sadiq who have been overlooked for too long for deadweights and Saudi retirees.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:17 pm https://www.transfermarkt.us/mladen-krs ... iner/19459

Good luck to him. I'm sure his lawyers are working on a 100 page terms of agreement before the announcement. Not much experience but he looks the part. He's not African and he's no Rohr, 2 outstanding qualities that Nigerians will scoop up like water in a desert.
Bros Emir, in this case and considering our experience with coach Rohr, do you think this (hiring the Serbian, if true) is a good move or not?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Abbey wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:23 pm I will reserve my comments until I see the signing first and then the old and new SE personnel he invites
In addition to the highlighted, the style of play he will impact on our team.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

fabio wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:26 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:13 pm
abi oo, We need a change ASAP ..I welcome he new coach.. As manager of Serbia played 19 won 9 drew 5 lost 5

won the Budesliga as a player with Werder in 2003
Rohr played for Bayern Munich
And won Uefa cup at Bordeaux. At 47yrs Rohr was a top coach in France. Just saying....
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:38 pm And won Uefa cup at Bordeaux. At 47yrs Rohr was a top coach in France. Just saying....
Won the UEFA cup, really? :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:38 pm
fabio wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:26 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:13 pm
abi oo, We need a change ASAP ..I welcome he new coach.. As manager of Serbia played 19 won 9 drew 5 lost 5

won the Budesliga as a player with Werder in 2003
Rohr played for Bayern Munich
And won Uefa cup at Bordeaux. At 47yrs Rohr was a top coach in France. Just saying....
Shame we didn't get the 47yr old version. At the same 47, this coach already has WC experience. So I guess it depends on what you're looking for.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Odas wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:33 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:17 pm https://www.transfermarkt.us/mladen-krs ... iner/19459

Good luck to him. I'm sure his lawyers are working on a 100 page terms of agreement before the announcement. Not much experience but he looks the part. He's not African and he's no Rohr, 2 outstanding qualities that Nigerians will scoop up like water in a desert.
Bros Emir, in this case and considering our experience with coach Rohr, do you think this (hiring the Serbian, if true) is a good move or not?
If the goal is to get rid of Rohr then, Yes, you can hire anybody for that.
However. If it's about replacing Rohr with somebody better who has proven he can do what what not doing then this hire falls way short.

When you look at his resume can you honestly say it's reasonable to expect him to win Afcon or make WC semis?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:00 pm I will say this. I do not trust any Nigerian coach to not show complete bias and influence in his player selection. They are likely to try and market local players, we've seen it plenty in the past so why should I assume any different.

The good thing about a foreigner is that he will just come and choose the best players, no bias.

Were there to be a guarantee that Amuneke would choose the best players, I might consider him over this guy, but this guy has been to a world cup
KPAM! :agree: :agree:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:09 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:50 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:39 pm Not very experienced but I watched live as his Serbian team bossed and beat Nigeria 2-0 in a pre-WC friendly in 2018. He replaced Slavoljub Muslin, who had qualified Serbia for the 2018 WC. Muslin was unpopular for being rigid and not playing Sergej Milinković-Savic, a very creative player (sounds familiar?)
So what happened after he played Savic the creative player? Did they start winning?
He won some and lost some. Are you too lazy to Google?
:lol: :lol: Bia (come), Aruako1, na Emir you dey tok to like dat? Well, make you no let am see dis tin wey you write-oo, hmm.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Odas wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:50 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:00 pm I will say this. I do not trust any Nigerian coach to not show complete bias and influence in his player selection. They are likely to try and market local players, we've seen it plenty in the past so why should I assume any different.

The good thing about a foreigner is that he will just come and choose the best players, no bias.

Were there to be a guarantee that Amuneke would choose the best players, I might consider him over this guy, but this guy has been to a world cup
Human have bias. Rohr had bia, as well.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

But the same VE was blaming **** for bias selections of Onuachu, Musa, Ighalo etc…I’m guessing he stayed long enough in Naija that he stopped being a foreigner?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kai.... the days of throwing camp open to fight for shirts are long gone. Chei..... Nigerians. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Odas wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:54 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:09 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:50 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:39 pm Not very experienced but I watched live as his Serbian team bossed and beat Nigeria 2-0 in a pre-WC friendly in 2018. He replaced Slavoljub Muslin, who had qualified Serbia for the 2018 WC. Muslin was unpopular for being rigid and not playing Sergej Milinković-Savic, a very creative player (sounds familiar?)
So what happened after he played Savic the creative player? Did they start winning?
He won some and lost some. Are you too lazy to Google?
:lol: :lol: Bia (come), Aruako1, na Emir you dey tok to like dat? Well, make you no let am see dis tin wey you write-oo, hmm.
I don't need to Google because he got knock da f*** out in the first rd of the WC, didn't even score till the 3rd game vs already eliminated CR.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:55 pm But the same VE was blaming **** for bias selections of Onuachu, Musa, Ighalo etc…I’m guessing he stayed long enough in Naija that he stopped being a foreigner?
This is an example of Rohr bia.
Another argument for Rohr’s dismissal was his total dependence on a particular set of players, irrespective of whether they trained as hard or better than anyone else in their position.https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/f ... ouble.html
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Were there to be a guarantee that Amuneke would choose the best players, I might consider him over this guy, but this guy has been to a world cup.
If a Nigerian has made exactly the same choices as Rohr, you would have accused him of being on the take. But you put a caveat on Amuneke for the sole reason of his nationality. You don't know the Serbian but you have already concluded that he has more integrity due to his skin colour.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:55 pm

But the same VE was blaming **** for bias selections of Onuachu, Musa, Ighalo etc…I’m guessing he stayed long enough in Naija that he stopped being a foreigner?
Rohr eventually lost the plot. But for the first 4 out of 5 years, his player selections were spot on and the best of any coach we have had in recent history.

Even currently his squad is still 85% on point, and it's more his starting 11 that is off.

I cannot forget Oliseh dropping Mikel for Onobi playing in Finland, or Keshi taking Gambo Mohammed to disgrace us at the Confederstions cup. I will never wish for us to go back to that nonsense.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:55 pm

KPAM! :agree: :agree
Kai.... the days of throwing camp open to fight for shirts are long gone. Chei..... Nigerians. :laugh
Exactly how does this 'throwing camp open' work? Who pays for the players' expenses and et al., especially if such players are not picked?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:04 pm

Were there to be a guarantee that Amuneke would choose the best players, I might consider him over this guy, but this guy has been to a world cup.
If a Nigerian has made exactly the same choices as Rohr, you would have accused him of being on the take. But you put a caveat on Amuneke for the sole reason of his nationality. You don't know the Serbian but you have already concluded that he has more integrity due to his skin colour.
I have already addressed Rohr and it is PROVEN the NFF interfered with his selections.

As for your silly "skin colour" argument, I said I'd prefer a foreigner, including BLACK ONES , because I don't want the bias and shady business.

Does this Serbian coach have connections to Nigerian clubs or scouts ? Would a black foreigner?

The fact is we haven't seen a local coach that didn't show bias and ulterior motives since Eguoavoen in 2006.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:16 pm

I have already addressed Rohr and it is PROVEN the NFF interfered with his selections.

As for your silly "skin colour" argument, I said I'd prefer a foreigner, including BLACK ONES , because I don't want the bias and shady business.

Does this Serbian coach have connections to Nigerian clubs or scouts ? Would a black foreigner?

The fact is we haven't seen a local coach that didn't show bias and ulterior motives since Eguoavoen in 2006.
Has Amuneke not coached before. Did he try to sell Victor or Amuneke? Did he try to sell Tanzanian players? But you have labelled all Nigerian coaches automatically corrupt. You never called Rohr corrupt. Never!

All coaches have their biases. In England, Southgate frequently gets criticised for picking the likes of Pickford, Stones and even Maguire. It is not unique to Nigerian coaches.

I don't mind giving the Serb a chance but we mustn't use it as an opportunity to make such general statements.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Eastern Euros are the Nigerians of Europe. They're masters of wuru wuru too. If anybody will work with the NFF and agents under the table it's Russians,Serbs,Croats. Ukrainians etc.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:25 pm

Eastern Euros are the Nigerians of Europe. They're masters of wuru wuru too. If anybody will work with the NFF and agents under the table it's Russians,Serbs,Croats. Ukrainians etc.
No nationals are more wuruwuru than others. Read up about the "bungs" in English football for example or the corruption scandals in Italy.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Look at these clueless mumus celebrating because they think they got what they wanted, but they have no clue about what they actually got.
Like we never see this film before: https://bizwatchnigeria.ng/nff-handpick ... agles-job/
From Troussier, through Bora, history repeats itself again and again and again, yet my people no wan learn.

Anyway sha, God dey. May God save Nigeria from Nigerians. That is always my prayer for my country and my people.
In the meantime, I have bookmarked this page and others for posterity as people of integrity and courage must continue to expose the fundamental cause of our continuous misfortune.
Last edited by charlie on Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it