The NEW SE COACH HAS BEEN REVEALED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: The NEW SE COACH HAS BEEN REVEALED

Post by highbury »

Africa the cursed land. I guess the only Europeans we can afford are Eastern Europeans. When are we ever going to look within? When will Europe exploitation of Africa with the help of Africans end? I am yet to see a Nigerian coach a European National team.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:16 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:04 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:00 pm I will say this. I do not trust any Nigerian coach to not show complete bias and influence in his player selection. They are likely to try and market local players, we've seen it plenty in the past so why should I assume any different.

The good thing about a foreigner is that he will just come and choose the best players, no bias.

Were there to be a guarantee that Amuneke would choose the best players, I might consider him over this guy, but this guy has been to a world cup.
If a Nigerian has made exactly the same choices as Rohr, you would have accused him of being on the take. But you put a caveat on Amuneke for the sole reason of his nationality. You don't know the Serbian but you have already concluded that he has more integrity due to his skin colour.
I have already addressed Rohr and it is PROVEN the NFF interfered with his selections.

As for your silly "skin colour" argument, I said I'd prefer a foreigner, including BLACK ONES , because I don't want the bias and shady business.

Does this Serbian coach have connections to Nigerian clubs or scouts ? Would a black foreigner?

The fact is we haven't seen a local coach that didn't show bias and ulterior motives since Eguoavoen in 2006.
But why is it NFF interference with one and bias/corruption with the other. Do you want me to post one of ****’s recent interviews where he said he’s 100% responsible for player selection, that if anyone in the FA tried to impose players on him he would quit. So with his own mouth he is saying he made those choices, but you are still blaming NFF or whoever else but you don’t think NFF can have the same influence when it’s a Nigerian coaches? You talk about Gambo, how is his selection any different from Anayo Iwualas?

Also, If you have identified NFF as the problem, we’ll have they changed? Are they not the ones who will hire this new coach, so why are you expecting a different result?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:00 pm I will say this. I do not trust any Nigerian coach to not show complete bias and influence in his player selection. They are likely to try and market local players, we've seen it plenty in the past so why should I assume any different.

The good thing about a foreigner is that he will just come and choose the best players, no bias.

Were there to be a guarantee that Amuneke would choose the best players, I might consider him over this guy, but this guy has been to a world cup.
If a Nigerian has made exactly the same choices as Rohr, you would have accused him of being on the take. But you put a caveat on Amuneke for the sole reason of his nationality. You don't know the Serbian but you have already concluded that he has more integrity due to his skin colour.
Aruako, please don’t fall your hand by echoing this stupid “white skin” stuff.
It is so petty.
Bias on this board is against Nigerian coaches in favor of foreigners, not “white people”.
And this is only because of the mucky stories we get to hear about Nigerian coaches almost without exception.
Of course not all have been shown to be true but muck does stick and there is enough evidence for one to be at least wary.

But give us a Viera, a Nuno or even a retired Rijkaard any day and Nigerians will embrace them even harder than any Oyibo coach.
I think the anti-Rohr crowd use this ‘white thing’ to belittle anyone with a counter argument and trivialize anything they have to say.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:36 pm

I have already addressed Rohr and it is PROVEN the NFF interfered with his selections.

As for your silly "skin colour" argument, I said I'd prefer a foreigner, including BLACK ONES , because I don't want the bias and shady business.

Does this Serbian coach have connections to Nigerian clubs or scouts ? Would a black foreigner?

The fact is we haven't seen a local coach that didn't show bias and ulterior motives since Eguoavoen in 2006.
But why is it NFF interference with one and bias/corruption with the other. Do you want me to post one of ****’s recent interviews where he said he’s 100% responsible for player selection, that if anyone in the FA tried to impose players on him he would quit. So with his own mouth he is saying he made those choices, but you are still blaming NFF or whoever else but you don’t think NFF can have the same influence when it’s a Nigerian coaches? You talk about Gambo, how is his selection any different from Anayo Iwualas?

Also, If you have identified NFF as the problem, we’ll have they changed? Are they not the ones who will hire this new coach, so why are you expecting a different result?
When a Nigerian coach makes a selection he doesn't like - corruption. When a foreign coach makes a selection he doesn't like - NFF interference.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:36 pm Africa the cursed land. I guess the only Europeans we can afford are Eastern Europeans. When are we ever going to look within? When will Europe exploitation of Africa with the help of Africans end? I am yet to see a Nigerian coach a European National team.
The Nigerians that are heading teams and in positions of leadership in the corporate world out there did not reach those positions by complaining and not doing the hard work to be even better than their Oyibo peers.
They did not get there because they did not have to fight racism left, right and center.
They did not get there because there were no glass ceilings to be smashed.

More impressively, many of them got their basic education in Nigeria.
You might even be one of them sef.

So don’t come at us lamenting about Nigerian coaches not getting jobs in Oyibo teams.
We have enough problems with our local coaches in Nigeria not improving themselves for Nigerian teams.
Abeg.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I completely reject the notion that only a Nigerian can be bias and corrupt. Funny enough our most successful coach- Westerhof was trading with Nigerian players everywhere. Same with Bonfere Jo. I am confident Rohr is involved in some shady deals which will be revealed when he finally leaves.
To me , a more sensible approach is to always look within and create fail safe mechanism to prevent corruption. Nigerians are not perfect people, as a matter of fact the society is plagued with corruption. Nonetheless, Nigerians have to solve these problems and not wait for someone foreign to always rescue them? When will this inferiority complex end? When I ask?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:49 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:36 pm Africa the cursed land. I guess the only Europeans we can afford are Eastern Europeans. When are we ever going to look within? When will Europe exploitation of Africa with the help of Africans end? I am yet to see a Nigerian coach a European National team.
The Nigerians that are heading teams and in positions of leadership in the corporate world out there did not reach those positions by complaining and not doing the hard work to be even better than their Oyibo peers.
They did not get there because they did not have to fight racism left, right and center.

So don’t come at us lamenting about Nigerian coaches not getting jobs in Oyibo teams.
We have enough problems with our local coaches in Nigeria not improving themselves for Nigerian teams.
Abeg.
But you have one in Amuneke that has taken every opportunity to improve himself and put himself out there and some Nigerians are ruling him out solely because "all Nigerian coaches are corrupt". If Amuneke dies not get the job because the next person is better then that is fine. But this "all Nigerian coaches are corrupt" mantra has to stop.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

What happenned to the Nigerian coach who qualifies for Europa league somewhere in Eastern Europe? Sadly, I Can't remember his name.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not sure if it's a true report. Don't have any comments on whether he's a good choice or not. I do wonder where NFF digs up "low-profile" European coaches from, and what criteria was used in selection.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

fabio wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:26 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:13 pm
abi oo, We need a change ASAP ..I welcome he new coach.. As manager of Serbia played 19 won 9 drew 5 lost 5

won the Budesliga as a player with Werder in 2003
Rohr played for Bayern Munich
He was a ball boy there! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:03 pm

Abeg.
But you have one in Amuneke that has taken every opportunity to improve himself and put himself out there and some Nigerians are ruling him out solely because "all Nigerian coaches are corrupt". If Amuneke dies not get the job because the next person is better then that is fine. But this "all Nigerian coaches are corrupt" mantra has to stop.
Not true.
Like I told you before, Amuneke wouldn’t have been on your radar if not for the fact that he is Nigerian.
Change his name to Emmanuel Amunez and slot in his CV amongst a batch of applicants and he’d be way down on your list, if even on that list at all.
~ Out of work for two years
~ ‘Parted ways’ with an Egyptian club in very suspicious circumstances after just 4 weeks.
~ Coached a national team to dead last with zero points at the last AFCON after qualifying them. Again, ‘parted ways’.
~ Won gold at the world U17 level six years ago.

Come on man….you think this is good enough for the SE?
Tanzania sacked him after three wins, two draws and six defeats!
Tanzania.

We love him but he is not the man for the Super Eagles right now.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:22 pm

Abeg.
Not true.
Like I told you before, Amuneke wouldn’t have been on your radar if not for the fact that he is Nigerian.
Change his name to Emmanuel Amunez and slot in his CV amongst a batch of applicants and he’d be way down on your list, if even on that list at all.
~ ‘Parted ways’ with an Egyptian club in very suspicious circumstances after just 4 weeks.
~ Coached a national team to dead last with zero points at the last AFCON after qualifying them. Again, ‘parted ways’.

Tanzania.

Just like Xavi would not be in Barcelona's radar if he was not a former player. Xavi has not coached in any European league. Amuneke's record with Tanzania would be poor if Tanzania was not at the level where they had not qualified for the Nations Cup for nearly 30 years before he took over. What type of record did you expect with such a team?

The U-17 team he coached now has a few of our top players.

But it us ok if you don't want him because you feel he is not good enough...you are entitled to that opinion. But rejecting him because "all Nigerian coaches are corrupt" is plain wrong.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Yeye. There is a Nigerian coach somewhere qualified and ethical enough to coach Nigeria. No foreign coach has ever won the worldcup.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:08 pm What happenned to the Nigerian coach who qualifies for Europa league somewhere in Eastern Europe? Sadly, I Can't remember his name.
Ndubuisi Egbo
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:27 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:25 pm

Eastern Euros are the Nigerians of Europe. They're masters of wuru wuru too. If anybody will work with the NFF and agents under the table it's Russians,Serbs,Croats. Ukrainians etc.
No nationals are more wuruwuru than others. Read up about the "bungs" in English football for example or the corruption scandals in Italy.
It's not even about which nationals are more wuru wuru, it's about Nigerians obviously being more plugged in to the local players scene, and possibly having biases.

What bias will a serb coach other than to pick the best players ?

Will he care what tribe they are from ? Does he have connects to local clubs and agents ?

Sometimes the way you guys reason is astounding.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:00 pm I completely reject the notion that only a Nigerian can be bias and corrupt.
Nobody has stated such. Maybe you should actually listen to what people say and not let your emotions create things you thought they said.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Let us look at the last few Nigerian coaches

Oliseh - Dropped Mikel (Nigerias best player) for a scrub in Finland. Beefed with all his top players.

Keshi - initially dropped all foreign based players for locals, when this was failing he brought the fb back to save his blushes. He kept out Ike Uche, Odemwingie, Joel Obi, etc. for scrubs The wuru wuru was at levels never before seen in SE.

SSS - was OK but had an obsession with Promise Isaac

Now if you compare Rohr to these guys, with the exception of SSS, whatever wuru wuru we can claim Rohr was up to is nowhere near their levels.

Again I exclude SSS but he wasn't in charge for long, and he had nowhere near the amount of talent to work with as Rohr.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:01 pm

Eastern Euros are the Nigerians of Europe. They're masters of wuru wuru too. If anybody will work with the NFF and agents under the table it's Russians,Serbs,Croats. Ukrainians etc.
No nationals are more wuruwuru than others. Read up about the "bungs" in English football for example or the corruption scandals in Italy.
It's not even about which nationals are more wuru wuru, it's about Nigerians obviously being more plugged in to the local players scene, and possibly having biases.

Will he care what tribe they are from ? Does he have connects to local clubs and agents ?

You’re logic is quite odd, someone just mentioned he might bring in Nigerian players from the useless Serbian league, so that couldn’t be a bias in your mind? You make it seem like bias is an inherently Nigerian thing.

At the end of the day a coach should be judged by his results regardless which players he uses. I think that’s the part that you can’t seem to comprehend. They could use your players and still not get the desired result but they have to deal with the consequences so let them make their own choices and live with it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:14 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:01 pm

You’re logic is quite odd, someone just mentioned he might bring in Nigerian players from the useless Serbian league, so that couldn’t be a bias in your mind? You make it seem like bias is an inherently Nigerian thing.

At the end of the day a coach should be judged by his results regardless which players he uses. I think that’s the part that you can’t seem to comprehend. They could use your players and still not get the desired result but they have to deal with the consequences so let them make their own choices and live with it.
Well I think there would be much more outcry from the public if he brought in players from Serbia than if a local coach brought in local players , that many are clamoring for.

Nobody is clamoring for Serbian based players. That move if made would be very vocally opposed.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Abeg.
Not true.

Tanzania.

Damunk

I just don't agree with your characterization of Amuneke' career. Context, please. Where was Tanzania for years before Amuneke arrived and where have they been since he left? Bros;, don't underestimate the task of getting Tanzania to the AFCON. That 8s far more monumental that Rohr getting Nigeria beyond the first round of the same AFCON. Context! Moreover winning the U17 is not beans.

Now is Amuneke's CV big? Nope but neither have been many coaches hired by even higher profile NTs including Englandand Germany. Why? They are willing to give certain concessions to their own nationals. So it is not a big deal if Nigeria should give similar concessions to Amuneke or Finidi.

Look if we are talking about a foreign coach and about having a long CV then I am with you but not for a national. And it matters. We see this same tact elsewhere denying many of persons like us and there is no reason why we cannot use the same.

How many times and counting must we continue to hire coaches, some with good CVS and some without but none of them proving better than their Nigerian counterparts? Enough already.

If we hire a foreign coach he should have A long CV with accomplishments, not Rohr-like. And he should be fired immediately if he cannot do better than we have done with locals. No point at all.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:30 pm

Abeg.
Not true.

Tanzania.

Just like Xavi would not be in Barcelona's radar if he was not a former player. Xavi has not coached in any European league. Amuneke's record with Tanzania would be poor if Tanzania was not at the level where they had not qualified for the Nations Cup for nearly 30 years before he took over. What type of record did you expect with such a team?

The U-17 team he coached now has a few of our top players.

But it us ok if you don't want him because you feel he is not good enough...you are entitled to that opinion. But rejecting him because "all Nigerian coaches are corrupt" is plain wrong.
That is clearly a minority argument but even you cannot be pleased with the record many of our Nigerian coaches have left, some of whom are still active.
Oliseh didn’t have accusations of corruption dangled over his head. Neither did Amodu if I remember correctly.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

On this new rumored coach, I ask:

What exactly does he bring to the table. Surely that his resume isn't all that.

Now, I like the fact that he is young.

What is his approach to the game? Or are we simply going to swallow the fact that he is European as if that makes him Godsent.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Why this gamble? Wth is wrong with these people? Can’t find ex internationals with more pedigree or success???
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet