The NEW SE COACH HAS BEEN REVEALED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: The NEW SE COACH HAS BEEN REVEALED

Post by theDunamis »

theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

“Jooj never thought I'd see the day where the Nigerians get hoodwinked by the Serbian prince trying to access his millions.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
A dig at Nigerian internet fraudsters.
Chai! We don suffer.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:02 am All this just reflects the stark reality.
Nigeria is not going to get a top flight coach from anywhere.
Not abroad. Not at home.

All so predictable, but the “anybody but Rohr” brigade was loud and vocal as were the “it’s-not-my-role-to-suggest-a-replacement” cop-outters. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Might as well stick with our very, very, very limited home options and then fast and pray to God for ‘delivery’. :idea:
Reality is sometimes hard to accept. Rohr is gone!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

fabio wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:40 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:02 am All this just reflects the stark reality.
Not abroad. Not at home.

All so predictable, but the “anybody but Rohr” brigade was loud and vocal as were the “it’s-not-my-role-to-suggest-a-replacement” cop-outters. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Might as well stick with our very, very, very limited home options and then fast and pray to God for ‘delivery’. :idea:
Yes oh! We need to move on!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...as long as he is oyinbo, half-baked journey guy from a crusty corner of europe, naija will take him, but make sure una pay the one you dey owe, and find how to pay this one
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:51 am I’m still holding out hope that the news of the “new” coach is just a rumor. What evidence is there that he is more competent than any of the local probables❓❗️

Cheers.
...the evidence is starring you right in the face...skin color.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Not abroad. Not at home.

You people’s reality and mine are very different.
Mine is the SE - continuity, succession plan, near-seamless transition etc..
Yours is personal …”sacking, sackim, sackim” and mission accomplished.

So, what next?
“It’s not my problem. Somebody sha, IJN”

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nigeria we hail thee.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:19 am
Not abroad. Not at home.

You people’s reality and mine are very different.

So, what next?

Nigeria we hail thee.
Nope. Reality is that most fans gave him a chance for the better part of 5 years and called for his sack when his teams continued to look like strangers that just met for a Sunday pub game. Reality is that he is the longest serving coach Nigeria has had. Reality is that he gave us some great moments but it is now time for him to move on. Reality is that we will need yo support his successor and wish him the best. Reality is that his successor may not be better, in which case we will need to try again.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:19 am You people’s reality and mine are very different.

So, what next?

Nigeria we hail thee.
Rohr contract was renewed based on the premise of continuity, not because he brought anything special to the table or achieved anything extra-ordinary. We were told to praise or admire his qualification achievements.

The truth is, Rohr continuous has stay in the led to Cape Verde, Central Africa Republic and Sierra Leone rubbing shoulders with SE and even believing they stood a chance to beat SE home and away. Let's not forget the indiscipline in camp, which Rohr was unable to stop. That's the reality on ground, which has been arrested and dealt with.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

We should bring in the new coach already so we can get to work. I will give whoever my support just like I did the previous coaches before (both foreign and local). That said, we move...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Look, I’m fairly certain that if they hire this guy, I will just leave this team for them.

The truth is that it’s becoming clear that our team cannot overcome a corrupt and craven administration. The only way this hire makes any sense to anyone is if they’re getting a kickback. And I don’t want to waste my time supporting a team that ultimately can’t go anywhere because it’s badly run.

Hate to leave the SE. Na my only team be dat. But with hires like this, it’s a waste of time
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:23 pm Look, I’m fairly certain that if they hire this guy, I will just leave this team for them.

The truth is that it’s becoming clear that our team cannot overcome a corrupt and craven administration. The only way this hire makes any sense to anyone is if they’re getting a kickback. And I don’t want to waste my time supporting a team that ultimately can’t go anywhere because it’s badly run.

Hate to leave the SE. Na my only team be dat. But with hires like this, it’s a waste of time
:clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:23 pm Look, I’m fairly certain that if they hire this guy, I will just leave this team for them.

That’s the issue… “with hires like this”.
You really think we have a chance of hiring someone “not like this”? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So we have no choice but to go back to our standard trial and error strategy with the real possibility of getting things even worse. Not the end of the world but I thought Nigerians were tired of mediocrity hence the change.

Fair enough, but I’m sorry for any coach, Nigerian or otherwise, that doesn’t get it right from the get go.
Nigerians will eat him raw.
Don’t be surprised if even Amuneke gives a “thanks, but no thanks” response to an invitation.
They already accused him (falsely it appears) a few years ago of dodgy dealings with the U20 team which he had to come out and publicly deny. People have forgotten.

The Nigeria job is a poisoned chalice and you must have liver to go there.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Pizzi is a much better choice
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:48 am
Not abroad. Not at home.

Yes oh! We need to move on!
I don't want Rohr sacked now. It is already late. The right time to sack him was after the WC. Any coach that CANNOT take us beyond the FIRST ROUND of the WC is not fit for the SE! It was clear after the WC that he is NOT what we need. Pa Onigbinde's WC result is not that different from Rohr.

Based on recent performance it is HARD to justify retaining Rohr. But I would rather leave him to finish the work he started.

There is NOTHING in his achievements in recent past that makes him better than Amuneke. We just need to check his achievements with Niger! Rohr should NOT be difficult to replace.

Hopefully, one day, Nigerian coaches will be given a fair opportunity to compete for the NT role.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Robbynice wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:21 pm We should bring in the new coach already so we can get to work. I will give whoever my support just like I did the previous coaches before (both foreign and local). That said, we move...
No Robby we need to carry our agendas past employment and root for SE to lose until they do what we want!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

mcal wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:07 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:51 am I’m still holding out hope that the news of the “new” coach is just a rumor. What evidence is there that he is more competent than any of the local probables❓❗️

Cheers.
...the evidence is starring you right in the face...skin color.
I hope you’re just being sarcastic❗️

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:08 pm What happenned to the Nigerian coach who qualifies for Europa league somewhere in Eastern Europe? Sadly, I Can't remember his name.
You are advocating for him, yet you dont even know his name :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Undertaker wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 pm
fabio wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:26 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:13 pm
abi oo, We need a change ASAP ..I welcome he new coach.. As manager of Serbia played 19 won 9 drew 5 lost 5

won the Budesliga as a player with Werder in 2003
Rohr played for Bayern Munich
He was a ball boy there! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:14 pm Let us look at the last few Nigerian coaches

Keshi - initially dropped all foreign based players for locals, when this was failing he brought the fb back to save his blushes. He kept out Ike Uche, Odemwingie, Joel Obi, etc. for scrubs The wuru wuru was at levels never before seen in SE.
You can't be allowed to keep repeating blatant falsehood in your continuos quest to denigrate Stephen Keshi.

Ike Uche was dropped because of insubordination. He was insubordinate during a live game and refused to play according to instructions... we all heard the 'hot mic' that picked up the conversation. And Keshi said the same thing during the run up to the WC. He had a disciplinary problem with Ike Uche but not his brother, Kalu. Kalu refused to honor the call up if his brother wasn't going to be invited.

Odemwingie was initially not invited because of fear of how he will destroy Team Spirit. Team Spirit was the edge the team had at the AFCON. It was destroyed when folks like you who were also in the NFF clamored for the team to be overhauled and for Odemwingie to be invited. He got invited and he allegedly had an altercation with Mikel, the team captain. So Keshi was right after all to not have invited him.

Joel Obi was chronically injured. He didn't want to carry too many injured and injury-prone players knowing our history at the World Cup where players hide injury. He already had enough of those players on the team.

Like someone has said earlier to you, when a Naijarian coach chooses players you don't like, it is corruption... when a foreign coach does it, it is NFF interference. Coaches will ALWAYS have their bias. But to you, it is corruption.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:37 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:22 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:03 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:49 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:36 pm Africa the cursed land. I guess the only Europeans we can afford are Eastern Europeans. When are we ever going to look within? When will Europe exploitation of Africa with the help of Africans end? I am yet to see a Nigerian coach a European National team.
The Nigerians that are heading teams and in positions of leadership in the corporate world out there did not reach those positions by complaining and not doing the hard work to be even better than their Oyibo peers.
They did not get there because they did not have to fight racism left, right and center.
They did not get there because there were no glass ceilings to be smashed.

More impressively, many of them got their basic education in Nigeria.
You might even be one of them sef.

So don’t come at us lamenting about Nigerian coaches not getting jobs in Oyibo teams.
We have enough problems with our local coaches in Nigeria not improving themselves for Nigerian teams.
Abeg.
But you have one in Amuneke that has taken every opportunity to improve himself and put himself out there and some Nigerians are ruling him out solely because "all Nigerian coaches are corrupt". If Amuneke dies not get the job because the next person is better then that is fine. But this "all Nigerian coaches are corrupt" mantra has to stop.
Not true.
Like I told you before, Amuneke wouldn’t have been on your radar if not for the fact that he is Nigerian.
Change his name to Emmanuel Amunez and slot in his CV amongst a batch of applicants and he’d be way down on your list, if even on that list at all.
~ Out of work for two years
~ ‘Parted ways’ with an Egyptian club in very suspicious circumstances after just 4 weeks.
~ Coached a national team to dead last with zero points at the last AFCON after qualifying them. Again, ‘parted ways’.
~ Won gold at the world U17 level six years ago.

Come on man….you think this is good enough for the SE?
Tanzania sacked him after three wins, two draws and six defeats!
Tanzania.

We love him but he is not the man for the Super Eagles right now.
Damunk

I just don't agree with your characterization of Amuneke' career. Context, please. Where was Tanzania for years before Amuneke arrived and where have they been since he left? Bros;, don't underestimate the task of getting Tanzania to the AFCON. That 8s far more monumental that Rohr getting Nigeria beyond the first round of the same AFCON. Context! Moreover winning the U17 is not beans.

Now is Amuneke's CV big? Nope but neither have been many coaches hired by even higher profile NTs including Englandand Germany. Why? They are willing to give certain concessions to their own nationals. So it is not a big deal if Nigeria should give similar concessions to Amuneke or Finidi.

Look if we are talking about a foreign coach and about having a long CV then I am with you but not for a national. And it matters. We see this same tact elsewhere denying many of persons like us and there is no reason why we cannot use the same.

How many times and counting must we continue to hire coaches, some with good CVS and some without but none of them proving better than their Nigerian counterparts? Enough already.

If we hire a foreign coach he should have A long CV with accomplishments, not Rohr-like. And he should be fired immediately if he cannot do better than we have done with locals. No point at all.
I won't want a Naijarian Coach to work under Pinnick.

He will always try to undermine you so as to confirm his bias.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:00 pm On this new rumored coach, I ask:

What exactly does he bring to the table. Surely that his resume isn't all that.

Now, I like the fact that he is young.

What is his approach to the game? Or are we simply going to swallow the fact that he is European as if that makes him Godsent.
Just know that if it is Pinnick making the choice, it will be the wrong one.

He should have hired an outside entity to search for a coach for the Eagles.

Also find a coach who doesn't mind being owed salary arrears.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Robotnik wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:41 am Look at the guy you are hiring. From frying pan to fire lol. You will regret getting rid of Rohr.

So, we are getting Rohr 2.0?

Nice...

This Pinnick sef.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...