Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26926
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by Purity »

Around a month out, reportedly. There’s a chance that we might not see Victor in African Cup of Nations.

Victor Osimhen has sustained a fractured eye socket and cheekbone.

Victor Osimhen will undergo surgery in Milan and has been transferred to the Niguarda hospital

Nigeria contacts Serbia coach for Siuper Eagles Job.

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21569
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I don't see him playing in Afcon. Awoniyi will likely lead the line.
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 19599
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:21 pm I don't see him playing in Afcon. Awoniyi will likely lead the line.
Unfortunate but he really should be fully fit before getting back on the field.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
User avatar
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 50459
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by Cellular »

Purity wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:46 pm Around a month out, reportedly. There’s a chance that we might not see Victor in African Cup of Nations.

Victor Osimhen has sustained a fractured eye socket and cheekbone.

Victor Osimhen will undergo surgery in Milan and has been transferred to the Niguarda hospital

Nigeria contacts Serbia coach for Siuper Eagles Job.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
User avatar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 64263
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by ohenhen1 »

Should be able to play in a month with protective face covering.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
User avatar
highbury
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4957
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by highbury »

Don't deceive yourself-It is not likely to miss. He WILL miss the AFCON. They can add him to the squad but he will be minus 1. No way he can be fit to be of any meaningful help for Nigeria. This shows why relying on Osimhen has bitten Rohr or whoever in the butt. If Rohr or whoever continues to rely solely on our bare midfield on Etebo/Ndidi/Aribo, I wouldn't be surprised if we have no midfield heading to World Cup( if we qualify) due to injuries. If they like, let them keep relying on those three.
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4522
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by Tobi17 »

highbury wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:56 pm Don't deceive yourself-It is not likely to miss. He WILL miss the AFCON. They can add him to the squad but he will be minus 1. No way he can be fit to be of any meaningful help for Nigeria. This shows why relying on Osimhen has bitten Rohr or whoever in the butt. If Rohr or whoever continues to rely solely on our bare midfield on Etebo/Ndidi/Aribo, I wouldn't be surprised if we have no midfield heading to World Cup( if we qualify) due to injuries. If they like, let them keep relying on those three.
That's why a new coach is needed now- now more than ever before
User avatar
joao
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4947
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by joao »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:48 pm Should be able to play in a month with protective face covering.
You must think the guy is a workhorse of sorts. Talk about sacrificing the chicken that lays the
golden egg. The guy has been giving the SE all he can, so please let him rest.

Osimhen should use this opportunity to rest and sharpen his mental awareness and skills,
while the SE should see this as a blessing and try finding other players to complement and bring
competition to the team.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
User avatar
Paveman
Egg
Egg
Posts: 2579
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Location: Malta
Contact:
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by Paveman »

Tomorrow we will know more, but really an injury to the face allows a player to keep training from day one so physically he should remain sharp. He would miss a bit of match practice, but it is a very different ball game to an ankle or knee injury, for example.
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Eagle
Eagle
Posts: 93763
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Vic will be fine. should be back playing in a week plus
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 41765
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Contact:
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:25 pm Vic will be fine. should be back playing in a week plus
Where you hear that at?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 15894
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:09 pm
highbury wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:56 pm Don't deceive yourself-It is not likely to miss. He WILL miss the AFCON. They can add him to the squad but he will be minus 1. No way he can be fit to be of any meaningful help for Nigeria. This shows why relying on Osimhen has bitten Rohr or whoever in the butt. If Rohr or whoever continues to rely solely on our bare midfield on Etebo/Ndidi/Aribo, I wouldn't be surprised if we have no midfield heading to World Cup( if we qualify) due to injuries. If they like, let them keep relying on those three.
That's why a new coach is needed now- now more than ever before
Kpom

I sounded the alarm over half a year ago that our midfield was bare, and the clown REFUSED to look at other options and strengthen it, even when injuries should have forced him to, but he refused.

I then raised the alarm that SE have always struggled when Osimehn is not playing. I raised the alarm that Onuachu IS NOT AN ADEQUATE BACKUP. I said we needed a deputy who plays in the mild of Osimehn.

Some formers told us Onuachu was undroppable. I said he is a useless player if he cannot START a match. I cried for Sadiq.

So will Onuachu now lead the line ?

The clown Rohr had the nerve to call back a fat Ighalo at the expense of Awoniyi and Sadiq, even Dennis and Okereke could play as strikers.

Calling back Ighalo on its own was a sackable offense. The chickens will come home to roost.
User avatar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 23472
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Ukwuani
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:48 pm Should be able to play in a month with protective face covering
How are you sur about this? Assuming you're a medical doctor, are you an expert in the areas of the injury?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
User avatar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 23472
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Ukwuani
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:25 pm Vic will be fine. should be back playing in a week plus
Just like I asked 'Ohenhen1', Bigpokey24 I will ask you the same question. Please how do you know Osimhen will FULLY recover and make the AFCON list of invitees?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
User avatar
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7021
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:33 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:25 pm Vic will be fine. should be back playing in a week plus
Where you hear that at?
His head is a foreign land.
User avatar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 23472
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Ukwuani
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:48 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:09 pm
highbury wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:56 pm Don't deceive yourself-It is not likely to miss. He WILL miss the AFCON. They can add him to the squad but he will be minus 1. No way he can be fit to be of any meaningful help for Nigeria. This shows why relying on Osimhen has bitten Rohr or whoever in the butt. If Rohr or whoever continues to rely solely on our bare midfield on Etebo/Ndidi/Aribo, I wouldn't be surprised if we have no midfield heading to World Cup( if we qualify) due to injuries. If they like, let them keep relying on those three.
That's why a new coach is needed now- now more than ever before
Kpom

I sounded the alarm over half a year ago that our midfield was bare, and the clown REFUSED to look at other options and strengthen it, even when injuries should have forced him to, but he refused.

I then raised the alarm that SE have always struggled when Osimehn is not playing. I raised the alarm that Onuachu IS NOT AN ADEQUATE BACKUP. I said we needed a deputy who plays in the mild of Osimehn.

Some formers told us Onuachu was undroppable. I said he is a useless player if he cannot START a match. I cried for Sadiq.

So will Onuachu now lead the line ?

The clown Rohr had the nerve to call back a fat Ighalo at the expense of Awoniyi and Sadiq, even Dennis and Okereke could play as strikers.

Calling back Ighalo on its own was a sackable offense. The chickens will come home to roost
This is one of the reasons I felt Ighalo - even if invited - should not have come back. Now, with coach Rohr gone, if it happens, where will Ighalo be? I doubt Ighalo will he invited by the new coach
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 15894
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by vancity eagle »

Odas wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:08 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:48 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:09 pm
highbury wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:56 pm Don't deceive yourself-It is not likely to miss. He WILL miss the AFCON. They can add him to the squad but he will be minus 1. No way he can be fit to be of any meaningful help for Nigeria. This shows why relying on Osimhen has bitten Rohr or whoever in the butt. If Rohr or whoever continues to rely solely on our bare midfield on Etebo/Ndidi/Aribo, I wouldn't be surprised if we have no midfield heading to World Cup( if we qualify) due to injuries. If they like, let them keep relying on those three.
That's why a new coach is needed now- now more than ever before
Kpom

I sounded the alarm over half a year ago that our midfield was bare, and the clown REFUSED to look at other options and strengthen it, even when injuries should have forced him to, but he refused.

I then raised the alarm that SE have always struggled when Osimehn is not playing. I raised the alarm that Onuachu IS NOT AN ADEQUATE BACKUP. I said we needed a deputy who plays in the mild of Osimehn.

Some formers told us Onuachu was undroppable. I said he is a useless player if he cannot START a match. I cried for Sadiq.

So will Onuachu now lead the line ?

The clown Rohr had the nerve to call back a fat Ighalo at the expense of Awoniyi and Sadiq, even Dennis and Okereke could play as strikers.

Calling back Ighalo on its own was a sackable offense. The chickens will come home to roost
This is one of the reasons I felt Ighalo - even if invited - should not have come back. Now, with coach Rohr gone, if it happens, where will Ighalo be? I doubt Ighalo will he invited by the new coach
If Ighalo would have paid Rohr back for his faith in him by scoring those 2 sitters , I doubt Rohr would have been fired.

Now Misses will look like a fool for coming back to be dropped by the next coach.
User avatar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 23472
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Ukwuani
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:15 am
Odas wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:08 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:48 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:09 pm
highbury wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:56 pm Don't deceive yourself-It is not likely to miss. He WILL miss the AFCON. They can add him to the squad but he will be minus 1. No way he can be fit to be of any meaningful help for Nigeria. This shows why relying on Osimhen has bitten Rohr or whoever in the butt. If Rohr or whoever continues to rely solely on our bare midfield on Etebo/Ndidi/Aribo, I wouldn't be surprised if we have no midfield heading to World Cup( if we qualify) due to injuries. If they like, let them keep relying on those three.
That's why a new coach is needed now- now more than ever before
Kpom

I sounded the alarm over half a year ago that our midfield was bare, and the clown REFUSED to look at other options and strengthen it, even when injuries should have forced him to, but he refused.

I then raised the alarm that SE have always struggled when Osimehn is not playing. I raised the alarm that Onuachu IS NOT AN ADEQUATE BACKUP. I said we needed a deputy who plays in the mild of Osimehn.

Some formers told us Onuachu was undroppable. I said he is a useless player if he cannot START a match. I cried for Sadiq.

So will Onuachu now lead the line ?

The clown Rohr had the nerve to call back a fat Ighalo at the expense of Awoniyi and Sadiq, even Dennis and Okereke could play as strikers.

Calling back Ighalo on its own was a sackable offense. The chickens will come home to roost
This is one of the reasons I felt Ighalo - even if invited - should not have come back. Now, with coach Rohr gone, if it happens, where will Ighalo be? I doubt Ighalo will he invited by the new coach
If Ighalo would have paid Rohr back for his faith in him by scoring those 2 sitters , I doubt Rohr would have been fired.

Now Misses will look like a fool for coming back to be dropped by the next coach
I didn't see the two 'missed sitters' by Ighalo because I began watching the game towards the end of the first half; however, I still think Ighalo should NOT have come back, even if he was invited.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
User avatar
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Posts: 2850
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by Enyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:21 pm I don't see him playing in Afcon. Awoniyi will likely lead the line.
Awoniyi? With your boss in charge, it will be Ighalo
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
User avatar
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7021
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by kalani JR »

100% out. Three months.
User avatar
imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6308
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am
Location: No man's land
Contact:
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by imehjunior »

Napoli star Victor Osimhen underwent successful surgery today and Luciano Spalletti hopes to have him available for the match against Milan on December 19.

Osimhen was diagnosed with multiple displaced facial fractures after a clash of heads with Inter defender Milan Skriniar on Sunday.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Osimhen had a successful surgery and he is expected to return to action in less than a month.

At least, that’s what Napoli coach Luciano Spalletti hopes. The Tuscan tactician delivered an injury update in an interview with Sky Sport Italia.

“I hope he will return against Milan, the doctors told me that the surgery won’t prevent him from being available in three or four games,” Spalletti said.

Napoli face Spartak Moscow in Europa League tomorrow and Spalletti must cope without Osimhen, Zambo Anguissa and Lorenzo Insigne, who hasn’t trained with the team due to knee problems.

https://football-italia.net/osimhen-has ... turn-date/
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
User avatar
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 21960
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Location: Chiraq
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:40 pm 100% out. Three months.
...
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
User avatar
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Posts: 5357
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Re: Victor Osimhen likely to miss AFCON in CAMEROON.

Post by Mr Shows »

Likely to wear a face mask..Thankfully he can maintain his physical conditioning while he is recuperating... This is not a limb injury..

Post Reply