IS ROHR SACKED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
IS ROHR SACKED

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: IS ROHR SACKED

Post by iworo »

We can’t do anything about Rohr now, says NFF
By Gowon Akpodonor
22 November 2021

Contrary to insinuations that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has formally parted ways with the Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr, the football house said yesterday that it can’t do anything to that effect now.

Since the Super Eagles’ 1-1 draw with the Blue Sharks of Cape Verde in their Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifiers in Lagos last Tuesday, there has been pressure on the NFF to sack Rohr.

Many Nigerians are of the opinion that Rohr’s continuous stay as Super Eagles coach wouldn’t add any meaningful impact to Nigerian football, particularly in the fast approaching Cameroun 2022 AFCON and the play-off to the World Cup in Qatar.

The rumour of Rohr’s sack went viral online on Thursday morning, but the NFF quickly denied it saying that it had not asked the coach to go.

A new dimension was added to the story yesterday, with some reports suggesting the NFF may have agreed to pay Rohr over N800million as severance package.

Another report suggested yesterday that NFF officials have stepped up the pressure on Rohr to resign. There was also a report that a new coach, Mladen Krstajic, from Serbia, had been contacted to replace Rohr.

However, a top official of the NFF told The Guardian, yesterday, that the football house has not taken any decision on Rohr.

“We can’t do anything about Rohr now,” the official said. “I have read a lot of stories on social media saying that the NFF has told Rohr to go. People are just peddling all sorts of rumour, but I can tell you that we have not taken any decision to that effect. That is our position.”

Meanwhile, another source revealed, yesterday, that getting rid of Rohr might cost Nigeria a severance package of around $2million, which the NFF may not be able to afford at the moment.

The source hinted that the NFF owes Rohr about eight months salary. The coach earns a $45,000 monthly wage.

https://guardian.ng/sport/we-cant-do-an ... -says-nff/
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rohr could be the first coach to conquer the NFF ever. His destiny is in his own hands unless they can come up $600k and take a huge risk on the next coach. All he has to do is win at least silver at AFCON and he's going to he wc if he qualifies. :laugh:

What I'm praying for is for a SE trip to AFCON final but a slow tedious and painful :thumbs: experience like winnng just barely but winning, last minute pks :laugh: and scoring off deflections and owngoals by the opposition.I want to see that ugly style make win AFCON and go to the wc and do the same. :rotf: :rotf: :

Haters will see the end of Roh but I want them to suffer. :woot:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:03 am Rohr could be the first coach to conquer the NFF ever. His destiny is in his own hands unless they can come up $600k and take a huge risk on the next coach. All he has to do is win at least silver at AFCON and he's going to he wc if he qualifies. :laugh:

What I'm praying for is for a SE trip to AFCON final but a slow tedious and painful :thumbs: experience like winnng just barely but winning, last minute pks :laugh: and scoring off deflections and owngoals by the opposition.I want to see that ugly style make win AFCON and go to the wc and do the same. :rotf: :rotf: :

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:03 am Rohr could be the first coach to conquer the NFF ever. His destiny is in his own hands unless they can come up $600k and take a huge risk on the next coach. All he has to do is win at least silver at AFCON and he's going to he wc if he qualifies. :laugh:

Na you go shake pass.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

I don't know where you guys are getting your N600m and N800m from. Rhor is on $45k per month, which is approximately NGN20m per month using CBN rate. His current contract has 13 months to run which means his total emolument until the end of his contract is around NGN260m. So how did you guys arrive at NGN600m as payoff?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

lacidi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:20 am I don't know where you guys are getting your N600m and N800m from. Rhor is on $45k per month, which is approximately NGN20m per month using CBN rate. His current contract has 13 months to run which means his total emolument until the end of his contract is around NGN260m. So how did you guys arrive at NGN600m as payoff?
Good point but you should know that this place isn’t exactly renowned for fact-checking.
Source of the figure is unknown.
Meanwhile, Lolly that gave us an early heads up on the Rohr sacking also mentioned that the same NFF guy he spoke with virtually denied Rohr being owed salary arrears.
Unless of course there is a separate severance pay built into his contract amounting to over a year’s salary, then N600-800m might begin to make some sense.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:45 am
lacidi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:20 am I don't know where you guys are getting your N600m and N800m from. Rhor is on $45k per month, which is approximately NGN20m per month using CBN rate. His current contract has 13 months to run which means his total emolument until the end of his contract is around NGN260m. So how did you guys arrive at NGN600m as payoff?
Good point but you should know that this place isn’t exactly renowned for fact-checking.
Source of the figure is unknown.
Meanwhile, Lolly that gave us an early heads up on the Rohr sacking also mentioned that the same NFF guy he spoke with virtually denied Rohr being owed salary arrears.
Unless of course there is a separate severance pay built into his contract amounting to over a year’s salary, then N600-800m might begin to make some sense.
Doc, small correction. I said the NFF guy said NO to my question about Rohr being owed at least 6 months salary. He didn’t say much more but what I can deduce from his response and body language was that the length of the arrears if any was nowhere as much as 6 months.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I suspect there would be a formal announcement by the end of this week. Negotiations are going smoothly slightly in favour of the NFF. Rohr is a good man and he wants a smooth break and handover.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Am sorry but if Picnnick cant sack Rohr then he needs yo go. He is the NFF chairman and all bucks stops with him.

Fans need to start calling for his head...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enyi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 am Am sorry but if Picnnick cant sack Rohr then he needs yo go. He is the NFF chairman and all bucks stops with him.

Why? He appointed Rohr who had met his targets so far. So what’s his offence?

Rohr’s current battles is because the fans and some NFF officials are not happy with our style of play, struggling to beat the so called minnows and the loss at home to CAR.

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:50 am
Enyi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 am Am sorry but if Picnnick cant sack Rohr then he needs yo go. He is the NFF chairman and all bucks stops with him.

Rohr’s current battles is because the fans and some NFF officials are not happy with our style of play, struggling to beat the so called minnows and the loss at home to CAR.
His current battles are mainly due to the fact that he hasn't been paid, so the guy stopped caring.

The fact that his authority is being undermined in every turn...

The fact that you renewed the contract of a 60+ old average coach with an early dismissal clause of any amount.

The fact that he was allowed to recall Ighalo.....

All of the above happened during Picnnick's tenure, thus it is either that Rohr goes or Picnnick goes..... or even both.....he can choose
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Enyi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:07 am His current battles are mainly due to the fact that he hasn't been paid, so the guy stopped caring.

The fact that you renewed the contract of a 60+ old average coach with an early dismissal clause of any amount.

All of the above happened during Picnnick's tenure, thus it is either that Rohr goes or Picnnick goes..... or even both.....he can choose
This is so funny. Can't you see that you're contradicting yourself?

You say one of the problems is that Pinnick is undermining the coach, and then you turn around and say NFF should interfere with the man's invitations? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...and that's what happens when one don't have money but want to hang out with big boys, and bed the fine girls :lol: :lol:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:38 am I suspect there would be a formal announcement by the end of this week. Negotiations are going smoothly slightly in favour of the NFF. Rohr is a good man and he wants a smooth break and handover.
...and I suspect the creditors who will bailout the NFA are negotiating how to get their money back. Smart move on their part I'll say :thumbs: :thumbs:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enyi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:07 am
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:50 am

His current battles are mainly due to the fact that he hasn't been paid, so the guy stopped caring.

:lol: You just made up a list of things you can't substantiate. Anyway, no so fans be.

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

His position has become untenable, so it will be difficult to stay on knowing that your employer no longer wants you. He would lose the dressing room (which may have already happened, considering the alleged shenanigans in camp and the NFF not allowing the players to be dropped) and find it hard to focus on his primary assignment.

The likely outcome will be an amicable parting of ways with the NFF agreeing to pay 'part of his contract period. Rohr wasn't in it for the money. It was the fulfilment coming from doing something great in the twilight of his career.

Its all in the hands of the lawyers and both parties finding an equilibrium point
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Separate from what’s left on his contract; he’s OWED 8-10 (depending on who you talk to) months

Add that to your 13 months….
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mr Shows wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:39 pm His position has become untenable, so it will be difficult to stay on knowing that your employer no longer wants you. He would lose the dressing room (which may have already happened, considering the alleged shenanigans in camp and the NFF not allowing the players to be dropped) and find it hard to focus on his primary assignment.

The likely outcome will be an amicable parting of ways with the NFF agreeing to pay 'part of his contract period. Rohr wasn't in it for the money. It was the fulfilment coming from doing something great in the twilight of his career.

Its all in the hands of the lawyers and both parties finding an equilibrium point
You make a lot of sense, man.
It’s hard to find a Nigerian that would even look at things from the angle you’ve just done.
Everything is seen primarily from the monetary angle where we come from.
And everyone else must be the same.

Money isn’t the beginning and the end for everybody. :blink:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

You love trouble sha...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:57 pm
Mr Shows wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:39 pm His position has become untenable, so it will be difficult to stay on knowing that your employer no longer wants you. He would lose the dressing room (which may have already happened, considering the alleged shenanigans in camp and the NFF not allowing the players to be dropped) and find it hard to focus on his primary assignment.

It’s hard to find a Nigerian that would even look at things from the angle you’ve just done.

Yeah, **** is doing it for the love of the natives... he is on a missionary journey.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:19 pm

Yeah, **** is doing it for the love of the natives... he is on a missionary journey.
Real missionaries will forgo the money... Since he was doing something it for the greater good.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Rohr should forgo the money, since everything is not monetary :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim