IS ROHR SACKED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: IS ROHR SACKED

Post by Cellular »

fabio wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:20 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:57 pm
Mr Shows wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:39 pm His position has become untenable, so it will be difficult to stay on knowing that your employer no longer wants you. He would lose the dressing room (which may have already happened, considering the alleged shenanigans in camp and the NFF not allowing the players to be dropped) and find it hard to focus on his primary assignment.

The likely outcome will be an amicable parting of ways with the NFF agreeing to pay 'part of his contract period. Rohr wasn't in it for the money. It was the fulfilment coming from doing something great in the twilight of his career.

Its all in the hands of the lawyers and both parties finding an equilibrium point
You make a lot of sense, man.
It’s hard to find a Nigerian that would even look at things from the angle you’ve just done.
Everything is seen primarily from the monetary angle where we come from.
And everyone else must be the same.

Money isn’t the beginning and the end for everybody. :blink:
Rohr should forgo the money, since everything is not monetary :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
He should walk away just based on principle. :D

Or only ask for the wages from the work done...and not want compensation for work yet to be done. :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Evidently most post on Rohr's contract termination hasn't been based on facts.
We simply love debating the unreal.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

joao wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:02 pm Evidently most post on Rohr's contract termination hasn't been based on facts.

This is the longest negotiation over sacking a coach that I've ever heard off, some of the biggest clubs in the world hire a coach in 3-4 days. Nigeria can't sack a coach in 10 days. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:49 pm
fabio wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:20 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:57 pm
Mr Shows wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:39 pm His position has become untenable, so it will be difficult to stay on knowing that your employer no longer wants you. He would lose the dressing room (which may have already happened, considering the alleged shenanigans in camp and the NFF not allowing the players to be dropped) and find it hard to focus on his primary assignment.

The likely outcome will be an amicable parting of ways with the NFF agreeing to pay 'part of his contract period. Rohr wasn't in it for the money. It was the fulfilment coming from doing something great in the twilight of his career.

Its all in the hands of the lawyers and both parties finding an equilibrium point
You make a lot of sense, man.
It’s hard to find a Nigerian that would even look at things from the angle you’ve just done.
Everything is seen primarily from the monetary angle where we come from.
And everyone else must be the same.

Money isn’t the beginning and the end for everybody. :blink:
Rohr should forgo the money, since everything is not monetary :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
He should walk away just based on principle. :D

Or only ask for the wages from the work done...and not want compensation for work yet to be done. :taunt:
Somebody tell you say even money for work done dey available?
Like someone said, all na speculation.

But let’s wait and see whether Mr Shows will be proved right.
I suspect he will.
We all dey here.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:00 pm
joao wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:02 pm Evidently most post on Rohr's contract termination hasn't been based on facts.

This is the longest negotiation over sacking a coach that I've ever heard off, some of the biggest clubs in the world hire a coach in 3-4 days. Nigeria can't sack a coach in 10 days. :laugh:
So you finally believe Nigeria is "trying" to sack a coach? :???:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...it is the longest because they are negotiating with Rohr, negotiating with millionaire or billionaire who will be loaning them money. na 3, 4, probably up to 10 way negotiation :lol: :lol:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...if he lose the dressing room blaming his employers that refuse to satisfy their end of the contract.
By now y'all should know you are dealing with oyinbo who will go to court asap, unlike a Nigerian.
NFA should never punch above their weight.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:38 am

So you finally believe Nigeria is "trying" to sack a coach? :???:

Ol boy, we're TYRING to build better education, we're TRYING to build better hospitals etc. what is there to TRY in sacking a coach? Does he have an army in the negotiation room? No need to try, just do it.
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Like I've stated before, there is more to the threat to fire Herr Rohr than what is being made public.

Choice of the next coach will be between someone desperate enough to take the job, and another willing
to scam the NFF. Else, what person concerned with his reputation is willing to deal with the shenanigans that
is part of our football administration culture?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

:blink:
joao wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:27 am Like I've stated before, there is more to the threat to fire Herr Rohr than what is being made public.

Choice of the next coach will be between someone desperate enough to take the job, and another willing
to scam the NFF. Else, what person concerned with his reputation is willing to deal with the shenanigans that
If organisations like Shell and Elf are ready to put their reputations on the line and conspire with our government to steal billions of dollars from us, why do you think a civilian looking for a highly paid job will be bothered? I can bet there is a long queue waiting to take the job.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

tedder89 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:53 pm
lacidi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:20 am I don't know where you guys are getting your N600m and N800m from. Rhor is on $45k per month, which is approximately NGN20m per month using CBN rate. His current contract has 13 months to run which means his total emolument until the end of his contract is around NGN260m. So how did you guys arrive at NGN600m as payoff?
Separate from what’s left on his contract; he’s OWED 8-10 (depending on who you talk to) months

Add that to your 13 months….
Still doesn't equal NGN600m
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

lacidi wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:27 am
tedder89 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:53 pm
lacidi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:20 am I don't know where you guys are getting your N600m and N800m from. Rhor is on $45k per month, which is approximately NGN20m per month using CBN rate. His current contract has 13 months to run which means his total emolument until the end of his contract is around NGN260m. So how did you guys arrive at NGN600m as payoff?
Separate from what’s left on his contract; he’s OWED 8-10 (depending on who you talk to) months

Add that to your 13 months….
Still doesn't equal NGN600m
And his contract ends just after the world cup, so he doesn't have 13 months left.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

joao wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:27 am Like I've stated before, there is more to the threat to fire Herr Rohr than what is being made public.

Naaa bro. There are lots of coaches out there with the ambition to go to the World Cup.

Most of them will be ignorant about the level of depravity in the NFF... until they get to deal with them.

So, it is not about desperation or fraud... sometimes it is sheer ignorance.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cellular wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:06 pm

Naaa bro. There are lots of coaches out there with the ambition to go to the World Cup.

Most of them will be ignorant about the level of depravity in the NFF... until they get to deal with them.

Nah bro, you might the one that's not informed. Are you saying there's an international caliber coach that doesn't know about the difficulty of working with Nigeria? Keep dreaming. Lmao.. :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:27 pm Nah bro, you might the one that's not informed. Are you saying there's an international caliber coach that doesn't know about the difficulty of working with Nigeria? Keep dreaming. Lmao.. :rotf:
If it's difficult, Why is Rohr enduring it, maybe, no other option :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

If Rohr was any useful, other countries would have been courting his services right now amidst all the imbroglio with the NFF, why the heck can't they finalize this man's severance pay so he can leave us? the more it drags on the more the old German becomes more toxic... not a good way to look forward to a major tournament
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

If a coach's ambition to go to the World Cup is what's important in our search for a coach,
we have one on Rohr who does not believe in helping find local talent, and not bothered
by our official crudities.
I would think that we are searching for a coach that will not only bring new ideas into our
football culture, but also instill discipline and clarity of thought on the team and how things
are run generally. We've hired Bora and Lagerback on short order just for the world cup stints
and we saw how those adventures ended. If we are serious, we should be looking for a coach
that's a top notch professional with a long time blueprint for the success of our football, and
not a quick hire that have no interest in a continuing program.

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:25 pm

If a coach's ambition to go to the World Cup is what's important in our search for a coach,
we have one on Rohr who does not believe in helping find local talent, and not bothered
I would think that we are searching for a coach that will not only bring new ideas into our
football culture, but also instill discipline and clarity of thought on the team and how things
are run generally. We've hired Bora and Lagerback on short order just for the world cup stints
and we saw how those adventures ended. If we are serious, we should be looking for a coach
that's a top notch professional with a long time blueprint for the success of our football, and
Joao,

One thing to note is that there are far more available coaches that fit the job than there are actual jobs. Given the law of market economics, you know what that means. There will not be shortage of candidates any time soon.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Na so so grammar here. Abegi, does anybody know when the negotiation will be completed?

It's Thanksgiving already but na veterans dem start. Soon Xmas don enta. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 pm
joao wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:25 pm

Joao,

One thing to note is that there are far more available coaches that fit the job than there are actual jobs. Given the law of market economics, you know what that means. There will not be shortage of candidates any time soon.
Thanks EII, your points are wall taken.
Unfortunately we are 'blessed' with an NFF that acts as if wishes alone is all it takes to succeed.
As we can see in the last few years, they 'talk a big game' but act merely to satisfy their personal
interests. Just look at how many important continental and world events we have missed during
this NFF tenure. Add to that the ongoing Rohr situation, and it's evident that these 'oga them'
are not up to snuff. If Rohr exits today, I'm sure they will find another coach that suits their purpose
instead of one that is truly willing to steer our football on the right path. And that, is the concern.

― Chris Hedges
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Orion wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:53 am
Enyi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:07 am His current battles are mainly due to the fact that he hasn't been paid, so the guy stopped caring.

The fact that his authority is being undermined in every turn...

The fact that you renewed the contract of a 60+ old average coach with an early dismissal clause of any amount.

The fact that he was allowed to recall Ighalo.....

All of the above happened during Picnnick's tenure, thus it is either that Rohr goes or Picnnick goes..... or even both.....he can choose
This is so funny. Can't you see that you're contradicting yourself?

You say one of the problems is that Pinnick is undermining the coach, and then you turn around and say NFF should interfere with the man's invitations? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Sorrybut if u think Ighalo is sn invitation then u have issues sorry.

Only an insane man will call ighalo's recall an invitation.

Any list needs to be justified- southgate does it why not Rohr.

You sat down and someone told you that he is recalling Amokachi because of experience instead of Awoniyi and you said ok......

Just ask urself if Keshi did that......

Picnnick needs to go....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:00 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:07 am
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:50 am
Enyi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 am Am sorry but if Picnnick cant sack Rohr then he needs yo go. He is the NFF chairman and all bucks stops with him.

Fans need to start calling for his head...
Why? He appointed Rohr who had met his targets so far. So what’s his offence?

Rohr’s current battles is because the fans and some NFF officials are not happy with our style of play, struggling to beat the so called minnows and the loss at home to CAR.
His current battles are mainly due to the fact that he hasn't been paid, so the guy stopped caring.

The fact that his authority is being undermined in every turn...

The fact that you renewed the contract of a 60+ old average coach with an early dismissal clause of any amount.

The fact that he was allowed to recall Ighalo.....

All of the above happened during Picnnick's tenure, thus it is either that Rohr goes or Picnnick goes..... or even both.....he can choose
:lol: You just made up a list of things you can't substantiate. Anyway, no so fans be.
Like?

Was Ighalo not recalled?

Did you not say that he was owed money....?

The facts above shows that a clown is at the head of the NFF and he needs to go
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........