SENATE COMMITTEE: Divided on Sack of Gernot Rohr.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SENATE COMMITTEE: Divided on Sack of Gernot Rohr.....

Post by Enugu II »

‘Gernot Rohr can’t be sacked without recourse to contract terms’
https://guardian.ng/sport/gernot-rohr-c ... act-terms/
By John Akubo, Abuja
24 November 2021 | 4:20 am

The Chairman, Senate Committee on Sports and Youth Development, Senator Obinna Ogba, has cautioned sports enthusiasts, who have been calling for the sack of the Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr, to exercise some patience.

Speaking after defending the 2022 budget of the ministry before the Senate Committee on Appropriation, Ogba said that sacking of a coach is not as easy as they think because it is a contract.

Many Nigerians were not impressed by the Super Eagles lacklustre performance against Cape Verde, which ended 1-1. Hence, sports enthusiasts have been calling for his sack without further delay.

Senator Ogba continued: “Yes, so many persons have called for his sack. It needs to be discussed because there was an agreement with the sports operators in football.

“There is a way you will sack him, and if you don’t pay him certain amount of money, FIFA will ban Nigeria and when they ban us, you will complain. Why not allow football operators discuss the issues by finding a way out?

“Mind you, part of the agreement is for him to qualify Nigeria for Nations Cup, and he has done that. No matter how he qualified.

“The next thing is the World Cup, and it is still on. For me, I am not Amaju Pinnick, who is the president of NFF. But I am also a board member, and I can tell you authoritatively that among us, many have asked that he should step aside. But it is not something you say for saying sake.

“It has to be a discussion, meetings, and so many things have to be taken into consideration. Even if it warrants sacking him, we will sack him, otherwise we allow him be,” he stated.

Ogba debunked the insinuation that there are crises in sports. “In every situation, some persons will like something and others will not like it. But we have to look for the best.”

On the budget of the ministry, he said it is very inadequate, adding that something needs to be done about it. According to him, the N5billion earmarked for the ministry cannot take the ministry anywhere.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SENATE COMMITTEE: Divided on Sack of Gernot Rohr.....

Post by Orion »

The coach has met all his goals so far. But, if you no longer want him, that's OK. Just pay him off in FULL according to the contract. I'm happy coaches get these kinds of contracts these days. It forces us to act professionally or face the FIFA hammer.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

“Mind you, part of the agreement is for him to qualify Nigeria for Nations Cup, and he has done that. No matter how he qualified.

“The next thing is the World Cup, and it is still on. For me, I am not Amaju Pinnick, who is the president of NFF. But I am also a board member, and I can tell you authoritatively that among us, many have asked that he should step aside. But it is not something you say for saying sake.
Aha, now some are figuring out that , 'talk is cheap'.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The man doesn’t have a say in these matters. What matters is that the NFF board are united in letting Rohr go. They will come to an agreement.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Let them just appropriate $600k and Rohr will be gone asap. No senate debate needed. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

What is their opinion about things about the Nigeria league and sports development in Nigeria. Why is Nigeria sports not a major income earner?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I cant imagine Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer discussing the contract of Chuck Daly's current replacement.
Calculator
Egg
Egg

Post by Calculator »

joao wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:58 pm

Aha, now some are figuring out that , 'talk is cheap'.
Where is Hushpuppi and all the yahoo boys? We need them badly! They need to payoff this useless MUGU!
If at first you are Failure to Succeed, TRY TRY Again -- According to Basi Okon of Village Headmaster.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

We might need a DAVIDO to do a fundraiser.