Who should lead the attack at AFCON?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who should lead the attack at AFCON?

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:00 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:09 am
Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:44 am New coach + star injury = New opportunities.
Enter Awoniyi, Sadiq, Moffi
Exit Onuachu, Ighalo
Remain Nacho.
I'd go with Awoniyi Denis , sadiq.and Onuachu. Camp is open to fight for shirts once again. Coach Rohr has tough decisions to make.

That id1ot of a clueless Coach is fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

He is going thru the 1st stage of grief which is denial. :laugh:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

If Cyriel Dessers is not in the squad, then it's a joke. He is a bona fide Striker. He is really doing a great job at Feynoord. His trainer- Van Persie
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Both are good strikers, but I think Awoniyi actually holds up the ball better than Moffi. Sadiq, Dessers, Okereke are solid options too. Of all the forwards I mentioned, I think Sadiq is the most complete.
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:23 pm Awoniyi is a good player. My concern is he lacks the pace and hold up skills i want in a strker. Now Terrim Moffi is uneraated. Maybe because not many people watch ligue one . He reminds me of Antonio.

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

olu wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:48 am Both are good strikers, but I think Awoniyi actually holds up the ball better than Moffi. Sadiq, Dessers, Okereke are solid options too. Of all the forwards I mentioned, I think Sadiq is the most complete.

Some will knock Sadiq for playing in the second division, however, I'm convinced he can score goals in any of the top leagues.
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:23 pm Awoniyi is a good player. My concern is he lacks the pace and hold up skills i want in a strker. Now Terrim Moffi is uneraated. Maybe because not many people watch ligue one . He reminds me of Antonio.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:39 am They say " the more things change, the more they stay the same". The negotiation has the forum paralyzed but we must move on and start to discuss the issues affecting SE on the grass that's green while we wait on the green that's cash. We've lost Osihmen to injury, a major blow to our attack.

The SE attack as we know it today no longer exists with Osihmen's injury, winning AFCON is likely out the door at this point. Bronze is the new gold.
Who do you think should replace Osihmen as No 9? Nacho, Awoniyi,Sadiq,Moffi, Ighalo or Onuachu? Assuming we play a 433.... discuss.
We can always find a semi-retiree to bring on.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sadiq Umar.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:36 pm Sadiq Umar.
No coach in his right mind would start him over Awoniyi, Dennis or Okereke. Nowhere in the world do u see a 2nd div striker, no matter how good, starting over top scorers in Germany and Italy. Respect the game!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

My choice is Sadiq. He is the real deal. The closest to Osimhen in terms of keeping a defense in the edge. But one hopes Rohr actually had him on the submitted initial AFCON list.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:15 am My choice is Sadiq. He is the real deal. The closest to Osimhen in terms of keeping a defense in the edge. But one hopes Rohr actually had him on the submitted initial AFCON list.
Rohr has had him twice on his invited lists but club no gree am come.
So Sadiq is def on the radar, and on merit without a doubt.
I’m pretty confident a new coach will prefer Sadiq over Onuachu.

Even for Rohr, we can be sure the loss of Osimhen does not mean Onuachu steps into his shoes - which in itself says a lot.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:03 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:15 am My choice is Sadiq. He is the real deal. The closest to Osimhen in terms of keeping a defense in the edge. But one hopes Rohr actually had him on the submitted initial AFCON list.
Rohr has had him twice on his invited lists but club no gree am come.
So Sadiq is def on the radar, and on merit without a doubt.
I’m pretty confident a new coach will prefer Sadiq over Onuachu.

Even for Rohr, we can be sure the loss of Osimhen does not mean Onuachu steps into his shoes - which in itself says a lot.
True word. However, is he on the preliminary list sent to CAF for the Nations Cup?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Do players actually need to be chosen from the preliminary list ?

I feel there are ways to get around that.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Paul Onuacho and Kele should not be on that list. They have been trash this season Onuachu is chopping bench for Ugbo. If we get a new coach i expect Awoniyi, Dessers, Dennis, Okereke and Sadiq
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »