Who should lead the attack at AFCON?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Who should lead the attack at AFCON?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

They say " the more things change, the more they stay the same". The negotiation has the forum paralyzed but we must move on and start to discuss the issues affecting SE on the grass that's green while we wait on the green that's cash. We've lost Osihmen to injury, a major blow to our attack.

The SE attack as we know it today no longer exists with Osihmen's injury, winning AFCON is likely out the door at this point. Bronze is the new gold.
Who do you think should replace Osihmen as No 9? Nacho, Awoniyi,Sadiq,Moffi, Ighalo or Onuachu? Assuming we play a 433.... discuss.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Who should lead the attack at AFCON?

Post by Damunk »

New coach + star injury = New opportunities.
Enter Awoniyi, Sadiq, Moffi
Exit Onuachu, Ighalo
Remain Nacho.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:44 am New coach + star injury = New opportunities.
Exit Onuachu, Ighalo
Remain Nacho.
I'd go with Awoniyi Denis , sadiq.and Onuachu. Camp is open to fight for shirts once again. Coach Rohr has tough decisions to make.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

What happened to Onyekuru? The few times I watched him in the Turkey league, he played very well. Why is he not being mentioned, or invited?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:44 am New coach + star injury = New opportunities.
Exit Onuachu, Ighalo
Remain Nacho
I agree on the highlighted names. Those two should go.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:14 am What happened to Onyekuru? The few times I watched him in the Turkey league, he played very well. Why is he not being mentioned, or invited?
Onyekuru has dropped down the pecking order IMHO.
Not that he is “useless”.
It’s just that there are too many others performing better.
Denis still dey.
Desserts sef.
But Dennis has played as a winger before I seem to recall.
Any attacker now has to up his game.
Gone are the days of the ‘no options’ strike force.

If only our defence could be same.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:09 am
Exit Onuachu, Ighalo
Remain Nacho.
I'd go with Awoniyi Denis , sadiq.and Onuachu. Camp is open to fight for shirts once again. Coach Rohr has tough decisions to make.
I don’t think there’s any advantage in having both Onuachu and Sadiq.
I honestly believe whatever Onuachu brings to the table, Sadiq can bring a little more.
Just my preference from watching them play.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:33 am
Odas wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:14 am What happened to Onyekuru? The few times I watched him in the Turkey league, he played very well. Why is he not being mentioned, or invited?
Onyekuru has dropped down the pecking order IMHO.
Not that he is “useless”.
It’s just that there are too many others performing better.
Denis still dey.
Desserts sef.
But Dennis has played as a winger before I seem to recall.
Any attacker now has to up his game.
Gone are the days of the ‘no options’ strike force.

If only our defence could be same.
The highlighted is my main concern. It should give our coaches sleepless nights going into AFCON. I can still see Ekong and Balogun lazily passing the ball to each other in the back like they are playing hot potato. The moment an opponent breathes on Ekong he is overcome with fear and aimlessly hoofs the ball downfield. I dream of an attack buildup from the back with quick passes to the holding midfielder(s) and then spread around to the attackers on a consistent basis. We need defenders with good ball handling skills and confidence. We need to focus on earthing these defenders quickly. I like Aina and Zaidu as full backs with Awaziem and Akpoguna as central defenders in a 4-3-3 alignment. These guys are adequate for now. Their collective ball handling is much more adequate than Ekong <-> Balogun. My only concern is Akpoguna. He hasn't played much in the central defense with the SE. We need to bring him up to speed quickly.
My midfield trio will be Aribo-Ndidi-Iwobi. Up front I will give nods to Chukwueze-Sadiq-Dennis.
I have confidence in this lineup. Good midfields, solid attackers, and adequate defense. This will be my starting 11...
Last edited by Abbey on Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Whoever is the coach by then should just not make the mistake of having any of Ighalo, Musa or Onuachu leading the line as our #9... I think Awoniyi and Nacho can both get the job done, then Sadiq, Dennis and Moffi can be options off the bench.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Exit Onuachu, Ighalo
Remain Nacho.

That id1ot of a clueless Coach is fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Not inspiring options. Osimhen is the perfect striker for Nigeria. The perfect striker. A combination of pace and hold up play. He will be missed. But if I have to choose a replacement, it will have to be moffi with Iheanacho as a support striker. Hopefully a return of Chukwuze to form can mitigate the loss of Osimhen in the attack. Awoniyi and Sadiq can provide depth. ONauchu and Ighalo should be dropped.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:25 pm Not inspiring options. Osimhen is the perfect striker for Nigeria. The perfect striker. A combination of pace and hold up play. He will be missed. But if I have to choose a replacement, it will have to be moffi with Iheanacho as a support striker. Hopefully a return of Chukwuze to form can mitigate the loss of Osimhen in the attack. Awoniyi and Sadiq can provide depth. ONauchu and Ighalo should be dropped.
Moffi hasn't scored in 3 months. He's fallen into bad form of late. No thanks.
OCCUPY NFF!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Awoniyi is one of the better strikers in Europe this season.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Awoniyi is okay,but he is not Osimhen The thing pain me no be small. Moffi scored in Septemeber, the last time I watched him play, that was 2 months ago. He looks like a good striker when he is in form.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dessers Awoniyi Dennis Sadiq and Okoronwo. Senior man Moffi and Onuachu get to miss out. They have not been good enough for Club and country
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:45 pm Dessers Awoniyi Dennis Sadiq and Okoronwo. Senior man Moffi and Onuachu get to miss out. They have not been good enough for Club and country
:thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Undertaker wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:00 pm
Exit Onuachu, Ighalo
Remain Nacho.

That id1ot of a clueless Coach is fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Well, so far all we are hearing is rumor. We don't know if coach Rohr is gone, or is still our coach. However, if he is going to be fired and I think he should, he better be fired quickly.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dessers scored in the last minute to secure a point for his team, dude is on serious form despite coming off the bench in recent games, currently Dessers, Awoniyi and Sadiq are our key strikers in the absence of Osimhen.

Heck I'm even forgetting David Okereke
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:06 pm Dessers scored in the last minute to secure a point for his team, dude is on serious form despite coming off the bench in recent games, currently Dessers, Awoniyi and Sadiq are our key strikers in the absence of Osimhen.

Dennis nko? :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Awoniyi is a good player. My concern is he lacks the pace and hold up skills i want in a strker. Now Terrim Moffi is uneraated. Maybe because not many people watch ligue one . He reminds me of Antonio.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Onuachu is now chopping bench for Ugbo.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:23 pm Awoniyi is a good player. My concern is he lacks the pace and hold up skills i want in a strker. Now Terrim Moffi is uneraated. Maybe because not many people watch ligue one . He reminds me of Antonio.

I read that Awoniyi is the fastest player at his club.

But I agree that he doesn't really strike me as a skillfull striker.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:06 pm Dessers scored in the last minute to secure a point for his team, dude is on serious form despite coming off the bench in recent games, currently Dessers, Awoniyi and Sadiq are our key strikers in the absence of Osimhen.

Okereke not Okonkwo.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.