ROHR Plans for Nigeria Friendly Before Departure to Garoua for AFCON....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
ROHR Plans for Nigeria Friendly Before Departure to Garoua for AFCON....

Post by Enugu II »

Super Eagles to camp in Nigeria for AFCON – Rohr
Kindly share this story:
Super eagles Rohr
https://punchng.com/eagles-to-camp-in-n ... fcon-rohr/

Johnny Edward
25 November 2021

The Super Eagles are expected to camp in Nigeria ahead of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations barring any last-minute decision, Gernot Rohr has revealed.

Rohr hopes to begin camping on December 28.

Nigeria have been drawn alongside Egypt, Guinea Bissau and Sudan in Group D.

The Eagles will face Egypt in their opening game on January 11 in Garoua, with Nigeria winning their most recent encounter, a 1-0 win in a friendly in 2019.

Rohr whose future as coach of the team remains in doubt despite steering the Eagles to the playoff round of the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers also wants to play one friendly game before they depart for the tournament.

He also hinted that he may not be there for the tournament.

“My plan is for the team to camp in Nigeria in December and then play a friendly in the country before departing for Cameroon early where we have very good conditions to prepare in Garoua where our team is playing.

“We will be very, very well prepared. We need to be ready for the first match against Egypt in Garoua.”

“But let us see if I can still decide if we are preparing. We will see.”

Rohr who is currently being owed two months’ salary by the Nigerian Football Federation has recorded 28 wins, 13 draws and 13 defeats in the 54 games he has been in charge of the team.

Meanwhile, Rohr who led the Eagles to win the bronze medal at the last edition of the AFCON will be without his talisman, Victor Osimhen for the tournament after he was ruled out of action for the next three months due to a facial injury.

Osimhen, who has been in superb form in recent weeks for the Serie A league leaders, was set to lead the frontline for Nigeria in Cameroon in late January, but a clash of heads while playing Inter Milan on the weekend resulted in surgery and a long layoff.

Copyright PUNCH.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Abbey
Egg
Egg
Re: ROHR Plans for Nigeria Friendly Before Departure to Garoua for AFCON....

Post by Abbey »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:44 am
Kindly share this story:
Super eagles Rohr

Johnny Edward
25 November 2021

The Super Eagles are expected to camp in Nigeria ahead of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations barring any last-minute decision, Gernot Rohr has revealed.

“My plan is for the team to camp in Nigeria in December and then play a friendly in the country before departing for Cameroon early where we have very good conditions to prepare in Garoua where our team is playing.

“We will be very, very well prepared. We need to be ready for the first match against Egypt in Garoua.”

But let us see if I can still decide if we are preparing. We will see.”
An ambitious attempt to display a business as usual attitude. I hope he is done with the SE. This article does indicate he is owed two months salary. Factoring in the severance pay the total bye-bye package should be affordable. Hopefully!!
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Abbey wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:01 am
Kindly share this story:
Super eagles Rohr

Johnny Edward
25 November 2021

An ambitious attempt to display a business as usual attitude. I hope he is done with the SE. This article does indicate he is owed two months salary. Factoring in the severance pay the total bye-bye package should be affordable. Hopefully!!
Keep dreaming. If the man is only owed 2 months salary they would've walked him to the airport. 2 months owed in Nigeria is considered current and up to date. He will be the manager until he violates his contract, as of now there's no reason to sack him other than sentimental like he's not playing beautiful football.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...tournament is in a little over 30 days and some Nigerians are still thinking 'sack' 'fire' a man you owe, and have no plans how to pay who ever it is you want replace him.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

It is now a MUST that we beat Egypt and win our group at afcon or we will not be seeded for the world cup playoffs.

Anybody who thinks an eeediot Rohr can do that without Osimehn is playing themselves.

The clown will lineup Onuachu, Simon, Collins, and expect to win.

Very stupid man indeed. Stupid and stubborn.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:56 pm
Abbey wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:01 am
Kindly share this story:
Super eagles Rohr

Johnny Edward
25 November 2021

Keep dreaming. If the man is only owed 2 months salary they would've walked him to the airport. 2 months owed in Nigeria is considered current and up to date. He will be the manager until he violates his contract, as of now there's no reason to sack him other than sentimental like he's not playing beautiful football.
:rotf:
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I won't even bother myself watching any SE game with that fossil as coach, the man is just too stubborn and inflexible, we will see the same Ighalo, Simon and Musa nonsense again in the tournament so why bother?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:52 pm I won't even bother myself watching any SE game with that fossil as coach, the man is just too stubborn and inflexible, we will see the same Ighalo, Simon and Musa nonsense again in the tournament so why bother?
kpom. To even think that clown was saying "Ighalo needs more time to adjust" after that disgrace of a match.

Why would you bother to watch such rubbish, knowing full well all of the talents we have at our disposal.

No coach at this point will be better than Rohr.

Let Balogun make the decisions.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:52 pm I won't even bother myself watching any SE game with that fossil as coach, the man is just too stubborn and inflexible, we will see the same Ighalo, Simon and Musa nonsense again in the tournament so why bother?
...your NFA is the stubborn one. Pay the old fossil to go and you get your knight in shiny coach :lol: :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

You guys are working yourselves into a mad frenzy.
Calm down.
It’s not that serious.

Somebody somewhere died today. :o
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

mcal wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:39 pm ...tournament is in a little over 30 days and some Nigerians are still thinking 'sack' 'fire' a man you owe, and have no plans how to pay who ever it is you want replace him.
Nigerians don’t know how the functioning world works but hey they’ll learn slowly and painfully!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:46 pm
mcal wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:39 pm ...tournament is in a little over 30 days and some Nigerians are still thinking 'sack' 'fire' a man you owe, and have no plans how to pay who ever it is you want replace him.
Nigerians don’t know how the functioning world works but hey they’ll learn slowly and painfully!
Have you not heard?
Nigerians no longer do ‘learning’, apparently.
Ask Danfo driver, Cellular and Fabio for further clarification.
We already ‘know it’. :D
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

If you want a German coach get a younger one who comes from the tree the new United Coach comes from not this 68 year old clown with no direction.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rohrs projected lineup to start AFCON.

************************OKOYE************************

SHEHU**************OYIBO WALL**********COLLINS

**********************NDIDI****ARIBO***************

***************************NACHO********************

SIMON*****************************************MUSA

***************************IGHALO********************

SUBS

AIR ONUACHU WARMING UP ON THE RUNWAY
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:14 pm You guys are working yourselves into a mad frenzy.
Calm down.
It’s not that serious.

Yes maybe it's not serious to you, but football especially when it involves my national team is very serious to some of us... aside from been alive, my family and my career, football is probably the only therapy keeping me going right now since the passing of my loved one. So maybe I need to find other outlets to keep me happy in life... but yeah, footballs is all I hang on to for now.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:14 pm You guys are working yourselves into a mad frenzy.
Calm down.
It’s not that serious.

Baba help me tell them oh. Anyway it is well...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:09 am
Calm down.
It’s not that serious.

Yes maybe it's not serious to you, but football especially when it involves my national team is very serious to some of us... aside from been alive, my family and my career, football is probably the only therapy keeping me going right now since the passing of my loved one. So maybe I need to find other outlets to keep me happy in life... but yeah, footballs is all I hang on to for now.
Okay, just seen this and I understand.
My sincere condolences bro.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:09 am
Calm down.
It’s not that serious.

sorry bro

I understand you, I have gone through some deaths as well and sometimes this is what can keep you positive, and when this thing you love does not reward you back it is hard to take at times.

but it feels good to be a part of this community of passionate die hard fans. that makes me happy as well, even through all of our bickering, fighting, disagreements, it is all passion.