AFCON camp opens Dec 28th.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
AFCON camp opens Dec 28th.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://megasportsarena.com/super-eagle ... r-28-rohr/

That's about 32 days . We have a squad but don't know who the coach or coaching staff will be. Or do we? Even in Africa this is highly unusual. RIP to the great Amodu, he would slot in seamlessly and still medal. With Osihmen and Etebo injured , no coach or staff. We could be on big trouble.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: AFCON camp opens Dec 28th.

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uphill task for Nigeria. But anything is possible. Even I didn't think the team can win the Afcon in 2013. Certainly didn't think so after the first couple of games at the tourney. But that team came together and got hotin the knockout stages. Anything is possible with the can do attitude. Even without Osimhen.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:13 pm Uphill task for Nigeria. But anything is possible. Even I didn't think the team can win the Afcon in 2013. Certainly didn't think so after the first couple of games at the tourney. But that team came together and got hotin the knockout stages. Anything is possible with the can do attitude. Even without Osimhen.
I other words we should pray that God supports us over our opponents. Prayers up
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:32 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:13 pm Uphill task for Nigeria. But anything is possible. Even I didn't think the team can win the Afcon in 2013. Certainly didn't think so after the first couple of games at the tourney. But that team came together and got hotin the knockout stages. Anything is possible with the can do attitude. Even without Osimhen.
I other words we should pray that God supports us over our opponents. Prayers up
Nobody dey pray pass Nigerians, yet with all our prayers we still never win world cup.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Sports victories, are not to be prayed for. Instead of pretending to be 'prayer warriors',
we should be realistic, well prepared, and have the spirit of competition. Then, events
might line up in our favor.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

joao wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:07 pm Sports victories, are not to be prayed for. Instead of pretending to be 'prayer warriors',
we should be realistic, well prepared, and have the spirit of competition. Then, events
might line up in our favor.
Your president dey pray for God help to manage the state of security in the country so why your football team no go need thesame prayers as well :D :D :D
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

In 2013 we played well in the first two games. However, we conceeded a silly last minute goal after it looked like we had seen out the game with 10 men after Efe Ambrose's sending off. Against Zambia the referee manufactured a penalty for their equaliser.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:46 am
In 2013 we played well in the first two games. However, we conceeded a silly last minute goal after it looked like we had seen out the game with 10 men after Efe Ambrose's sending off. Against Zambia the referee manufactured a penalty for their equaliser.

Nigeria didn't play well early in that tourament. Keshi(RIP) had to make adjustments. He moved Onzi to midfield from right bacck and played Sunday Mba more. The combination of Ideye Brown and Emenike was unstoppable in that tournament.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx