CAF have moved the Draws for the 2022 World Cup qualifiers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF have moved the Draws for the 2022 World Cup qualifiers

Post by Enugu II »

Cmoke wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:23 pm Chief,

If I go by my eyewitness experience during Naija v Argentina in Brazil, I will say you missed out on a major factor - the hosts' failure to show up at the stadium. The Brazilians hated the Argentines so much that pratically no Brazilians showed up at the stadium. This resulted in the stadium pretty much 98 percent Argentines. Same thing could happen in Qatar where the N. African fans will dominate the stadium and essentially make every game their home game !

Cmoke :D :D :D :D

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:17 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:34 pm Africans have been bamboozled again by the Arabs. Those who think playing the games in Qatar is a good idea are now worried about Egypt. North African fans will full ground there, black African teams will have to 2 away games to qualify.

There're excellent flight connections to Qatar from North Africa and they don't need visas. We can't even fly to Abijan in any significant numbers without going through France. At this point. Nigeria,Senegal,Ghana and Cameroun all may not qualify. Watch!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Emir, the fact that they are North Africans and Qataris do not mean they necessarily love each other. Read up on history on Arab rivalry. BTW, I bet if the games had been switched to Ghana, surely the Ghanaians (West Africans) will support Nigeria against Egypt! Right?

or How about Argentina playing Nigeria in Rio de Janeiro? No problem the fans will support Argentina because the Argentines are South American brothers. :rotf: . Or better still, if Lagos hosted a game between Egypt and Senegal, no problem Lagos fans will support Senegal because they are West African brothers! :rotf: Bros, it does not work that way.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Abi, how about Nigerians dominating the stadium, nko? Abi, they all went Dubai shopping?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

As usual, y'all missed the point here, which is that Black Africa just got robbed of one of its two guaranteed seeded spots in the playoffs.
Egypt is currently playing in the Gulf cup and will likely amass enough FIFA ranking points to surpass Nigeria. This means four (4) of the five seeded teams will be North African, instead of the previous 2. This also means no North African team will face each other in the playoffs, increasing the odds of having 4 North African teams at the WC. Even if they lost or tied Nigeria in the AFCON grp stage, it will likely not change the fact that they will be seeded ahead of Nigeria.

There was absolutely no reason whatsoever not to have had the draws done by FIFA last week, when the draws for the European and Intercontinental playoffs were done. They just pulled a fast one on black Africa, in particular, Nigeria, and we just took it in the behind without complaining. Dullards!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:59 am
Even if they lost or tied Nigeria in the AFCON grp stage, it will likely not change the fact that they will be seeded ahead of Nigeria.
This is not true.

While I agree that Egypt just pulled a fast one on us, from all indications, the Arab cup will only be counted as friendly matches.

This means they will not gain many points from this tournament.

The world cup qualifiers count for a multiplier of 25 and friendlies are a multiplier 10 for fifa date friendlies and 5 for non FIFA date friendlies.

Currently Nigeria is 29 points ahead of Egypt.

Egypt and Nigeria both got 6 points for beating much weaker teams in the past world cup matches.

Egypt at Arab cup is grouped with Algeria, Sudan, Lebanon.

So even at best if the games are counted as FIFA date friendlies, Egypt won't get any more than 2 or 3 points for beating either Lebanon or Sudan.

Algeria has officially sent a B team , so I'm not even sure that match will be counted.

We have to hope Egypt doesn't go very far in this tournament, but even if they do, they cannot close the gap of 29 points with the weight of the matches.

Bottom line WE MUST NOT LOSE TO EGYPT and I think we will be fine. We beat them and it's over for Egypt. A draw might cut it very close. We need to beat them, not only to secure our seed , but also to avoid either Algeria or CIV in the 2nd Round.

We must beat Egypt. No ifs ands or buts.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Vancity this isnt about beating Egypt. These A rabs are taking everybody for a ride.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:56 am Vancity this isnt about beating Egypt. These A rabs are taking everybody for a ride.
I'm not denying that at all, in fact I acknowledged it a number of times on this thread.

There should be a complaint because what is being done is downright criminal, all for the sole purpose of trying to sneak Egypt into the World Cup.

As if Egypt, (even with Salah) is a bigger or more important team than Nigeria.

Again those clowns went to the WC to lay down to Saudi Arabia. Pathetic.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:33 am
bret- hart wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:56 am Vancity this isnt about beating Egypt. These A rabs are taking everybody for a ride.
I'm not denying that at all, in fact I acknowledged it a number of times on this thread.

There should be a complaint because what is being done is downright criminal, all for the sole purpose of trying to sneak Egypt into the World Cup.

As if Egypt, (even with Salah) is a bigger or more important team than Nigeria.

Again those clowns went to the WC to lay down to Saudi Arabia. Pathetic.
Every other continent has held their WCQ playoff draws except Africa. What does that tell you? I am more mad at the buffon who is the NFF President Amaju Pinnick. A whole FIFA council member and he lets these other regions take us for a ride. He should have used his influence to hold off those fuuking A rabs in CAF. Im so disgusted by what is going on in CAF right now. Anyways we move.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:59 am As usual, y'all missed the point here, which is that Black Africa just got robbed of one of its two guaranteed seeded spots in the playoffs.
Egypt is currently playing in the Gulf cup and will likely amass enough FIFA ranking points to surpass Nigeria. This means four (4) of the five seeded teams will be North African, instead of the previous 2. This also means no North African team will face each other in the playoffs, increasing the odds of having 4 North African teams at the WC. Even if they lost or tied Nigeria in the AFCON grp stage, it will likely not change the fact that they will be seeded ahead of Nigeria.

There was absolutely no reason whatsoever not to have had the draws done by FIFA last week, when the draws for the European and Intercontinental playoffs were done. They just pulled a fast one on black Africa, in particular, Nigeria, and we just took it in the behind without complaining. Dullards!
They could not even come up with a bulls#$% excuse. Thats why im so mad. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Apparently according to Pinnick the November rankings will be used for the draw to take place in January, meaning Nigeria will be a top seed. This was decided at a CAF comittee meeting today. I hope this is true.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/12/02/2022-wo ... a-matches/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:59 pm Apparently according to Pinnick the November rankings will be used for the draw to take place in January, meaning Nigeria will be a top seed. This was decided at a CAF comittee meeting today. I hope this is true.

YEP, in spite of rumors that had run wild. CAF notes that it simply announced a date for the draws. Apparently, people then began to circulate the rumor that this also meant that the ranking to be used for the draws were those closest to the time of the draw. YET CAF never mentioned the use of such ranking.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:23 am
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:59 pm Apparently according to Pinnick the November rankings will be used for the draw to take place in January, meaning Nigeria will be a top seed. This was decided at a CAF comittee meeting today. I hope this is true.

YEP, in spite of rumors that had run wild. CAF notes that it simply announced a date for the draws. Apparently, people then began to circulate the rumor that this also meant that the ranking to be used for the draws were those closest to the time of the draw. YET CAF never mentioned the use of such ranking.
Yes it was a bunch of rumors and speculation.

Have you confirmed this news from any other sources ?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:51 am

It has been widely reported by media sources beyond WhatsApp speculation:
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Thank Yah.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:02 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:51 am

It has been widely reported by media sources beyond WhatsApp speculation:
Daily post,ok
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI