CAF have moved the Draws for the 2022 World Cup qualifiers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
CAF have moved the Draws for the 2022 World Cup qualifiers

Post by naijaguy »

I see this move as away to favour the North African teams. cos Egypt may get Senegal or Algeria if the Draw happens in December. :boo: :boo:
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg
Re: CAF have moved the Draws for the 2022 World Cup qualifiers

Post by Naija fan »

Hmm...looks like they want to take the first round of AFCON into consideration. Might actually be a good idea. More drama..
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

This is absolute and utter bullshit. WTF is Pinnick doing? This is obviously to aid the Egyptians so they can sneak into that top 5 spot. A rab money at play.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:14 pm This is absolute and utter bullshit. WTF is Pinnick doing? This is obviously to aid the Egyptians so they can sneak into that top 5 spot. A rab money at play.
I agree. This is some shady ish for sure and it's all to help Egypt at our expense.

They originally wanted to use December instead of November so Egypt could use the Arab cup to catch us, but when they realized they couldn't catch us, they have now moved it even further ahead to include the first round of afcon.

We now must beat Egypt in our first match. No ifs ands or buts. That match will be like a final.
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:50 pm
bret- hart wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:14 pm This is absolute and utter bullshit. WTF is Pinnick doing? This is obviously to aid the Egyptians so they can sneak into that top 5 spot. A rab money at play.
I agree. This is some shady ish for sure and it's all to help Egypt at our expense.

They originally wanted to use December instead of November so Egypt could use the Arab cup to catch us, but when they realized they couldn't catch us, they have now moved it even further ahead to include the first round of afcon.

We now must beat Egypt in our first match. No ifs ands or buts. That match will be like a final.
We will most likely play scared as usual if Rohr is in charge of that game and that way, a win is less guaranteed.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

it is good because the way Nigeria are playing at moment we dont deserve to be in world cup [ no passsion when we are playing like other africa country ,[ present eagles are not serious execept OSHIMEN,coach can not install dicipline,gorverment also intefere in football] unless they improve ,we dont want to go to world cup and come out of the first round what is the point ,if we can not make impact[no point]we have been there several time,let the other african countiries because they ready to die on the field the way they are playing but our our eagles think they have arrive,back passing ball back most of time to intensive of forwardness.
thanks
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Guys,

As it stands now, Egypt is not seeded which means we can play them in the playoffs!

So any wayo to avoid playing Egypt is fine o. We just have to do our part to remain seeded!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

See pussycats running scared from Egypt. Bring them on!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cmoke wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:44 pm Guys,

As it stands now, Egypt is not seeded which means we can play them in the playoffs!

So any wayo to avoid playing Egypt is fine o. We just have to do our part to remain seeded!
Playing Egypt in the playoffs, is such a good or bad thing? If Egypt is NOT seeded, isn't such what we want to be the case and hence the suspicions about moving the drawing schedule to AID Egypt?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:53 pm See pussycats running scared from Egypt. Bring them on!
Bros, be careful what you wish for. As you know, we don't have a coach and our house is not in REAL order yet
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:53 pm See pussycats running scared from Egypt. Bring them on!
👍👍👍👍
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Africans have been bamboozled again by the Arabs. Those who think playing the games in Qatar is a good idea are now worried about Egypt. North African fans will full ground there, black African teams will have to 2 away games to qualify.

There're excellent flight connections to Qatar from North Africa and they don't need visas. We can't even fly to Abijan in any significant numbers without going through France. At this point. Nigeria,Senegal,Ghana and Cameroun all may not qualify. Watch!
OCCUPY NFF!!
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

delisyomie don wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:09 pm it is good because the way Nigeria are playing at moment we dont deserve to be in world cup [ no passsion when we are playing not like other africa country ,[ present eagles are not serious execept OSHIMEN,coach can not install dicipline,gorverment also intefere in football] unless they improve ,we dont want to go to world cup and come out of the first round what is the point ,if we can not make impact[no point]we have been there several time,let the other african countiries because they ready to die on the field the way they are playing but our our eagles think they have arrive,back passing ball back most of time to intensive of forwardness.
thanks
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

delisyomie don wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:47 pm
delisyomie don wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:09 pm it is good because the way Nigeria are playing at moment we dont deserve to be in world cup [ no passsion when we are playing not like other africa country ,[ present eagles are not serious execept OSHIMEN,coach can not install dicipline,gorverment also intefere in football] unless they improve ,we dont want to go to world cup and come out of the first round what is the point ,if we can not make impact[no point]we have been there several time,let the other african countiries because they ready to die on the field the way they are playing but our our eagles think they have arrive,back passing ball back most of time no intensive of forwardness.
thanks
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

CAF president believes Egypt can go far in the World Cup

CAF president Patrice Motsepe stated that he has high hopes for the Egyptian national team, believing they can go far in the upcoming FIFA World Cup.

Egypt are now one step away from the 2022 FIFA World Cup as they successfully advanced to the final stage of the qualifiers where they will be facing either Senegal, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, or Nigeria to earn a seat in Qatar.

Despite not having qualified yet, Motsepe believes Egypt can be a great representative of Africa in the World Cup as they can do great in the tournament.

Not only that, but Motsepe also believes that in the future, Egypt can bring Africa their first-ever World Cup title.

“I believe that all Egyptians should be proud of their country, all Africans should be proud of it too, Egypt’s success gives pride to the whole continent. The fact that the EFA was founded 100 years ago shows how successful they are,” Motsepe told ONTime Sports TV channel.

“I am looking forward to the World Cup in Qatar, Egypt is always among the teams at the summit of African football.

“Egypt can do great in the upcoming World Cup, I believe they can go far. One of my ambitions is for an African team to win the World Cup one day, and Egypt gives us that kind of hope.

“The next Africa Cup of Nations will be very important as well, it will be highly organized, I went to Cameroon three times to check myself. I am sure it will be a massive success.”

Regarding Salah’s chances of winning FIFA’s The Best Men’s Player in the World, Patrice said: “I definitely think Mohamed Salah is the best, I love Messi and Ronaldo too, but I am African so I will be biased here, I am proud of Salah.

“I want to say that Egyptian fans are the best in the world, I came here before with Sundowns, it’s a great country and its people are inspiring.”

https://www.kingfut.com/2021/11/26/caf- ... world-cup/

Now, I see what’s going on. These South Africans sha :veryangry:.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:34 pm Africans have been bamboozled again by the Arabs. Those who think playing the games in Qatar is a good idea are now worried about Egypt. North African fans will full ground there, black African teams will have to 2 away games to qualify.

There're excellent flight connections to Qatar from North Africa and they don't need visas. We can't even fly to Abijan in any significant numbers without going through France. At this point. Nigeria,Senegal,Ghana and Cameroun all may not qualify. Watch!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Emir, the fact that they are North Africans and Qataris do not mean they necessarily love each other. Read up on history on Arab rivalry. BTW, I bet if the games had been switched to Ghana, surely the Ghanaians (West Africans) will support Nigeria against Egypt! Right?

or How about Argentina playing Nigeria in Rio de Janeiro? No problem the fans will support Argentina because the Argentines are South American brothers. :rotf: . Or better still, if Lagos hosted a game between Egypt and Senegal, no problem Lagos fans will support Senegal because they are West African brothers! :rotf: Bros, it does not work that way.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

iworo wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:26 am CAF president believes Egypt can go far in the World Cup

CAF president Patrice Motsepe stated that he has high hopes for the Egyptian national team, believing they can go far in the upcoming FIFA World Cup.

Egypt are now one step away from the 2022 FIFA World Cup as they successfully advanced to the final stage of the qualifiers where they will be facing either Senegal, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, or Nigeria to earn a seat in Qatar.

Despite not having qualified yet, Motsepe believes Egypt can be a great representative of Africa in the World Cup as they can do great in the tournament.

Not only that, but Motsepe also believes that in the future, Egypt can bring Africa their first-ever World Cup title.

“I believe that all Egyptians should be proud of their country, all Africans should be proud of it too, Egypt’s success gives pride to the whole continent. The fact that the EFA was founded 100 years ago shows how successful they are,” Motsepe told ONTime Sports TV channel.

“I am looking forward to the World Cup in Qatar, Egypt is always among the teams at the summit of African football.

“Egypt can do great in the upcoming World Cup, I believe they can go far. One of my ambitions is for an African team to win the World Cup one day, and Egypt gives us that kind of hope.

“The next Africa Cup of Nations will be very important as well, it will be highly organized, I went to Cameroon three times to check myself. I am sure it will be a massive success.”

Regarding Salah’s chances of winning FIFA’s The Best Men’s Player in the World, Patrice said: “I definitely think Mohamed Salah is the best, I love Messi and Ronaldo too, but I am African so I will be biased here, I am proud of Salah.

“I want to say that Egyptian fans are the best in the world, I came here before with Sundowns, it’s a great country and its people are inspiring.”

https://www.kingfut.com/2021/11/26/caf- ... world-cup/

Now, I see what’s going on. These South Africans sha :veryangry:.
What a disgrace.

Egypt are so good that his own mediocre South Africa team knocked them out at home during the last afcon. This is a team that went to the world cup to lay down for Saudi Arabia.

Who cares about Salad, this team is rubbish. How they are trying so hard to get them seeded is utter corruption.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If our team was in a good place I will not worry one bit about this Egypt team, that was outplayed by common Angola.

It's just that we are a mess right now and Egypt has the Arab cup to sort things out. We better beat them if that is the one thing we do all afcon.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Abi o.
Anxiety management. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Shameful that CAF capitulated to the demands of Egypt that the draw is done after the Arab Cup. The Egyptians will learn once again that they will not qualify through the back door.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Chief,

If I go by my eyewitness experience during Naija v Argentina in Brazil, I will say you missed out on a major factor - the hosts' failure to show up at the stadium. The Brazilians hated the Argentines so much that pratically no Brazilians showed up at the stadium. This resulted in the stadium pretty much 98 percent Argentines. Same thing could happen in Qatar where the N. African fans will dominate the stadium and essentially make every game their home game !

Cmoke :D :D :D :D

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:17 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:34 pm Africans have been bamboozled again by the Arabs. Those who think playing the games in Qatar is a good idea are now worried about Egypt. North African fans will full ground there, black African teams will have to 2 away games to qualify.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Emir, the fact that they are North Africans and Qataris do not mean they necessarily love each other. Read up on history on Arab rivalry. BTW, I bet if the games had been switched to Ghana, surely the Ghanaians (West Africans) will support Nigeria against Egypt! Right?

or How about Argentina playing Nigeria in Rio de Janeiro? No problem the fans will support Argentina because the Argentines are South American brothers. :rotf: . Or better still, if Lagos hosted a game between Egypt and Senegal, no problem Lagos fans will support Senegal because they are West African brothers! :rotf: Bros, it does not work that way.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cmoke wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:23 pm Chief,

If I go by my eyewitness experience during Naija v Argentina in Brazil, I will say you missed out on a major factor - the hosts' failure to show up at the stadium. The Brazilians hated the Argentines so much that pratically no Brazilians showed up at the stadium. This resulted in the stadium pretty much 98 percent Argentines. Same thing could happen in Qatar where the N. African fans will dominate the stadium and essentially make every game their home game !

Cmoke :D :D :D :D

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:17 am

My point is that the middle east is too close and too cheap for Africans to travel to that they'll pack the stadiums. Look at how Algerian fans showed up at the last Afcon final v Senegal. Any games involving North Africans in Qatar will be jam packed with North Africans. Heck, we can't even get 500 Nigerians to go to Benin republic. Watch!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The positive news is that the NFF are already in the final phase of relieving Rohr as SE manager, the new coach surely has his work cut out for him.