Nigeria Can No Longer Guarantee Rohr's Safety.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria Can No Longer Guarantee Rohr's Safety.......

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:18 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:16 pm
txj wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:11 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:07 pm
txj wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:55 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:36 pm
txj wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:14 pm EII,

Perhaps you should review stories like this and consider if its worth posting.
Naaa

I post whatever including things that I disagree with. I just believe we ought to be aware of all things possible.

That wasn't really my point though...

Its about unwittingly propagating wrong or misleading information esp one that damages the country/NFF..
Txj

The way I see it is that have no PR responsibility for Nigeria or the NFF. My responsibility, as I see it is providing information on media reports about Nigerian football.

That's what patriotism is about, no?
Txj

There is a difference between patriotism and censorship.

Its not censorship if the piece is already out there.

What you've done is effectively help spread it. Help spread disinformation...
It is censorship when I use your mechanism to cut it off this site. The locus is displaying on this site. Is it not? That is censorship as far as this location is the focus. Or else you are referring about my posting it elsewhere.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

joao wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:43 am This stupidity needs be nipped in the bud by the government. What some might think is a joke
is what can cause a lot of damage to the country. Nigerians should realize that the lawlessness
we are used to may not be acceptable world wide. If we want to belong to the community of
nations, we should stop acting carelessly, lest our actions cost us more than we can imagine.
I'm truly surprised by some of the respondents to this thread.
Are we really this dumb here on CE?

When did the NFF make any statement regarding Rohr’s safety?

When is Ida Peterside…..NFF?

We are here accusing NFF of the same thing we are doing …
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:26 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:36 pm

Naaa

I post whatever including things that I disagree with. I just believe we ought to be aware of all things possible.

Its about unwittingly propagating wrong or misleading information esp one that damages the country/NFF..
Txj

The way I see it is that have no PR responsibility for Nigeria or the NFF. My responsibility, as I see it is providing information on media reports about Nigerian football.

Txj

It is censorship when I use your mechanism to cut it off this site. The locus is displaying on this site. Is it not? That is censorship as far as this location is the focus. Or else you are referring about my posting it elsewhere.

The decision level is not freedom vs censorship.

The story is ALREADY out there and anybody can access it out there, WITHOUT restriction.

The decision is whether to further disseminate misleading information or not to.
When you post it here, you contribute to disinformation...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:35 pm

Txj

Txj

The story is ALREADY out there and anybody can access it out there, WITHOUT restriction.

The decision is whether to further disseminate misleading information or not to.
Txj

There is nothing false about the fact that Peterside made those statements. Someone here already acknowledged as much.

There is absolutely nothing wrong posting it here. Peterside made the statement and it definitely has a value as a discussion piece. All you have to do is stare your position either way on the matter as I have but not to preclude discussion. Afterall, this is first a discussion site and not one designed to censor discussion.

In my view, my goal is to present pieces that generate such discussions whether I agree or not agree with the content. I will not self censor such discussion.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:45 pm

Txj

Txj

Txj

There is nothing false about the fact that Peterside made those statements. Someone here already acknowledged as much.

There is absolutely nothing wrong posting it here. Peterside made the statement and it definitely has a value as a discussion piece. All you have to do is stare your position either way on the matter as I have but not to preclude discussion. Afterall, this is first a discussion site and not one designed to censor discussion.

In my view, my goal is to present pieces that generate such discussions whether I agree or not agree with the content. I will not self censor such discussion.

Peterside made a false statement.

The only real value it offers to post/discuss it is to further disseminate and sustain false information

I understand/agree with the idea of generating discussion on Nigerian football, but it should not be at the expense of the truth...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:08 pm Why are Nigerians not happy with their coach?
The guy has a winning record (28w-13d-13l) last time I checked. That's more wins than loses and draws combined.

To top it all off, he is German! The likes of Jurgen Klopp and Ralf Rangnick go to him for advice and vice versa
Oga Kabalege, we see your point and agree it's so, but at moment, the record you stated is no longer attractive to us for coach to stay.

Maybe, you should employ him for your national team.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:48 pm

Txj

Txj

The only real value it offers to post/discuss it is to further disseminate and sustain false information

I understand/agree with the idea of generating discussion on Nigerian football, but it should not be at the expense of the truth...
Txj

Not that it matters but how did you determine that Peterside made a false statement? Were you prr chance in the room when Peterside heard the statement as he claimed?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:18 pm

Txj

Txj

Txj

Not that it matters but how did you determine that Peterside made a false statement? Were you prr chance in the room when Peterside heard the statement as he claimed?

Because he's neither a govt or NFF official nor a spokesperson for either.
What is more, the NFF has denied to substantive issue...

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:49 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:18 pm

Txj

Txj

Because he's neither a govt or NFF official nor a spokesperson for either.
What is more, the NFF has denied to substantive issue...
He does not have to be part of the government or the NFF. He only has to indicate that the official in the know alerted him. That is the way it works. Then the NFF should deny it.

For me my goal is to post what I believe is of interest as I do not work as a PR person for the NFF or the state. There is a difference.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:08 pm
Kabalega wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:08 pm Why are Nigerians not happy with their coach?
The guy has a winning record (28w-13d-13l) last time I checked. That's more wins than loses and draws combined.

To top it all off, he is German! The likes of Jurgen Klopp and Ralf Rangnick go to him for advice and vice versa
Oga Kabalege, we see your point and agree it's so, but at moment, the record you stated is no longer attractive to us for coach to stay.

So whom do you want to replace him with?
Lagerback, a local, or someone in between like Oliseh? :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

deanotito wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:17 am This is all part of the ploy to force him to resign rather than pay him what he is due. If Rohr doesn’t resign, but stays abroad, they will fire him for cause and not pay him nothing. Classic gangster move that shouldn’t be in the reserve for a national association.

If I were Rohr, I will refuse to resign. Simply contact the German embassy, arrange your own security and stay in Nigeria. No harm will come to him.
:clap: This win help Nigeria’s public relations abroad and they will surely grab the attention of foreign coaches who want an African adventure.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Kabalega wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:31 am
Odas wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:08 pm

So whom do you want to replace him with?
Lagerback, a local, or someone in between like Oliseh? :D
Kabalega, you are asking important questions no one will calling for his sacking will be willing or able to answer honestly.
As always, there is a loud group of Nigerians that are calling for his sacking, but they have zero clue how to address the shortcomings they claim Rohr has.

Just remember,...empty vessels always make the loudest noise. But it doesnt mean that this loud group speak for the rest of Nigerians at home and in the diaspora.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

charlie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:22 pm
Just remember,...empty vessels always make the loudest noise. But it doesnt mean that this loud group speak for the rest of Nigerians at home and in the diaspora.
...welcome to CE experts aka itks.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Abeg let **** take them to the cleaners and never resign or do any amicable separation. They signed the papers, you gotta pay! Simple as that! Next time you will think before signing…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!