Nigeria Can No Longer Guarantee Rohr's Safety.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria Can No Longer Guarantee Rohr's Safety.......

Post by deanotito »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:06 am
danfo driver wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:01 am
deanotito wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:17 am This is all part of the ploy to force him to resign rather than pay him what he is due. If Rohr doesn’t resign, but stays abroad, they will fire him for cause and not pay him nothing. Classic gangster move that shouldn’t be in the reserve for a national association.

If I were Rohr, I will refuse to resign. Simply contact the German embassy, arrange your own security and stay in Nigeria. No harm will come to him.
Hehe these small children... you guys continue to underestimate Nigeria. Two words -- Umaru Dikko :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: leave them .. them never see anything yet... no be only dikko sef.. namdi wey dem catch
Catch Rohr now, and see the holy hell the EU puts you through. You’re comparing a bail jumping secessionist to a man that was legally employed?

Wo Mr Rohr, go to your ambassador. Nothing go do you
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am The responses on this thread are all fictional scenarios, now being discussed with an intensity as if fact.
People just wan vent.
Probably nothing close to reality.
Uncle Damunk, Na Peterside talk dey talk, wether na true talk or na fabu, we know no.
You know how dis things dey work, de pipul wey no want Rohr go send feelers out, to their friends wey dey press.

Too an extent, I blame Rohr, why? I have been an advocate of Rohr living in Nigeria (the usual response is: there is nothing for him to do in Nigeria, all the players are abroad, he is monitoring players abroad etc).

However, coaching SE as more to do with politics and networking. If I may ask, how many Senators or HOR wey Rohr know? Even (Senators or HOR) wey dey sports committee? what about Ministers or Governors or contact inside Aso Rock... these networks or contact become useful/helpful in times like thid. SE have played in Uyo for a long time, Rohr get Akpabio or Udom telephone number?

I remember after a match in Uyo, Rohr saying, he kept the match ball for Governor Udom, for all the help and assistance Udom has given the team. A very good gesture, na match ball una give Governor (cultural / naija context).

I bet sey na abroad naija (apologies Cellular) advise am to live abroad.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I watched the programme and Peterside didn’t say the NFF told him. He claimed an insider told him. And I doubt the NFF would ever tell Rohr such a thing. You have at least one top lawyer on the NFF board. They know the right thing to do and they are doing it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:50 am I watched the programme and Peterside didn’t say the NFF told him. He claimed an insider told him. And I doubt the NFF would ever tell Rohr such a thing. You have at least one top lawyer on the NFF board. They know the right thing to do and they are doing it.
Well, this feels much better because the NFF should never ever spew such nonsense.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

deanotito wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:17 am This is all part of the ploy to force him to resign rather than pay him what he is due. If Rohr doesn’t resign, but stays abroad, they will fire him for cause and not pay him nothing. Classic gangster move that shouldn’t be in the reserve for a national association.

If I were Rohr, I will refuse to resign. Simply contact the German embassy, arrange your own security and stay in Nigeria. No harm will come to him.
Hehe these small children... you guys continue to underestimate Nigeria. Two words -- Umaru Dikko :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
...clearly remember that. The failed kidnap attempt, even with the help of sophisticated criminal/espionage agents in the world. If they attempt this one it will be woeful since he is a foreign national.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Damunk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am
joao wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:43 am This stupidity needs be nipped in the bud by the government. What some might think is a joke
is what can cause a lot of damage to the country. Nigerians should realize that the lawlessness
we are used to may not be acceptable world wide. If we want to belong to the community of
nations, we should stop acting carelessly, lest our actions cost us more than we can imagine.
I'm truly surprised by some of the respondents to this thread.
The responses on this thread are all fictional scenarios, now being discussed with an intensity as if fact.
People just wan vent.
Probably nothing close to reality.
Damunk, I believe some things are not to be joked with.
The claimed statement by the official, whether true or not, is crass idiocy and a responsible NFF
should immediately distance themselves from it. As for some herein who think it's funny, it just
shows their maturity level.
This is like playfully pointing a loaded gun at someone, thinking it's funny.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Why are Nigerians not happy with their coach?
The guy has a winning record (28w-13d-13l) last time I checked. That's more wins than loses and draws combined.

To top it all off, he is German! The likes of Jurgen Klopp and Ralf Rangnick go to him for advice and vice versa.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EII,

Perhaps you should review stories like this and consider if its worth posting.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:14 pm EII,

Naaa

I post whatever including things that I disagree with. I just believe we ought to be aware of all things possible.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:42 am

Nothing will happen to him. Well worn Nigerian tactic of sending threats via unknown cell phone numbers, shady people showing up around your gate. 99 times out of 100, na just scare tactics.

Any harm coming to Rohr would be tantamount to a disaster for Nigeria. And it won’t happen. He shouldn’t allow them bully him out of what is due him
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: All this chest bumping just tells me all I need to know. Like I said, you dont know Nigeria!

Remember October 2020? All that mouth WE (including me) all made? The Presidency ordered military to go out there in broad day light to murder children! They murdered children on camera and nothing happened! Like I said, you do NOT know Nigeria. Nigeria is one country that will commit atrocity n broad day light and the entire world will not say pim! :rotf: You never jam! Go through our history and its all there. If Nigeria wants to kidnap Rohr, he can be inside the German embassy, deep inside the Ambassador's wife, they will go in there and drag him out. If Nigeria want to end him on the street, Nigeria will end him, video it and blow the smoke from the bullet like its an old western! :rotf: :rotf:

Guys like Alfred Rewane and Bola Ige have been taken out without concern and you think its one nonentity that will give Nigeria headache??? You simply dont know Nigeria and the deathly wickedness that lay within our land. Continue! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:45 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:06 am

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: leave them .. them never see anything yet... no be only dikko sef.. namdi wey dem catch
Catch Rohr now, and see the holy hell the EU puts you through. You’re comparing a bail jumping secessionist to a man that was legally employed?

Wo Mr Rohr, go to your ambassador. Nothing go do you
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: this guy na JJC. Hopefully you are smarter than this in real life. You simply have no idea what goes on in your own country.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:45 am
Odas wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:42 am From the content of the article, it seems the NFF is going to use Rohr's not living in Nigeria for six months (as a violation of his contract) against him.

Kai, na wa-oo
They can and should use it legitimately but if only they provided Rohr with accommodation to resude in the country.
EII,

Though I am not sure you know, but is the NFF supposed to provide accommodation for coach Rohr? If yes, did the NFF do so and did coach Rohr stay in the resident provided for him?
Last edited by Odas on Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:01 am
mcal wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:33 am ...let them behave so, they will hear from them oyinbo court, and Nigeria football will be put in quandary.
Like somebody wrote on another thread. "Nigerians don't understand how the functioning world works". Here we have an indirect threat to Rohr's life by a football federation but they gleefully look the other way. If true , this will not be taken lightly by FIFA. We're entering the twilight zone here. This is unheard of in sports administration.
Bros Emir, to be honest, I doubt this RUMOR is true. I think it's FAKE, very fake article/news
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Odas wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:23 pm
mcal wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:33 am ...let them behave so, they will hear from them oyinbo court, and Nigeria football will be put in quandary.
Like somebody wrote on another thread. "Nigerians don't understand how the functioning world works". Here we have an indirect threat to Rohr's life by a football federation but they gleefully look the other way. If true , this will not be taken lightly by FIFA. We're entering the twilight zone here. This is unheard of in sports administration.
Bros Emir, to be honest, I doubt this RUMOR is true. I think it's FAKE, very fake article/news
It’s not fake. His words were twisted but he said something similar on TV. He said someone told him the NFF told Rohr that they can’t guarantee his safety since an incident where he was supposedly attacked by fans after our last game. I can’t remember anyone mentioning that Rohr was attacked, so I don’t now where Peterside’s source got that info.

I watched the programme yesterday where Peterside made those comments (Soccer Africa). It was his birthday and they did some small celebration for him. His wife who joined on video says she is always praying for him that he doesn’t say the wrong thing. I think he should have been careful with what he was saying especially knowing how our journalists can misconstrue what you say just to sell a story.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Lolly wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:13 pm
It’s not fake. His words were twisted but he said something similar on TV. He said someone told him the NFF told Rohr that they can’t guarantee his safety since an incident where he was supposedly attacked by fans after our last game. I can’t remember anyone mentioning that Rohr was attacked, so I don’t now where Peterside’s source got that info.

I watched the programme yesterday where Peterside made those comments (Soccer Africa). It was his birthday and they did some small celebration for him. His wife who joined on video says she is always praying for him that he doesn’t say the wrong thing. I think he should have been careful with what he was saying especially knowing how our journalists can misconstrue what you say just to sell a story.
Okaaaay! So na Peterside mess de mess, eh? Well, make him com tell us where he get dat kain idea from.

On the other hand, why has the NFF not distanced itself from such comment?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:23 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:13 pm

Okaaaay! So na Peterside mess de mess, eh? Well, make him com tell us where he get dat kain idea from.

On the other hand, why has the NFF not distanced itself from such comment?
...abi o. They trying to scare the man away so they do't pay him, damn mfkrs.
Let them try any shenanigan na then they go sabi say oyinbo govt dey protect their own weda na government or civilian employee in a foreign country, plus fifa go bring their own weight.
The Peterside guy na drunk mofo to utter such comment.
The iddiots at the NFA don chop all the money slated for the coach pay.
They need to investigate that guy wey dey fly to London to watch every week.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:55 pm
deanotito wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:42 am

Nothing will happen to him. Well worn Nigerian tactic of sending threats via unknown cell phone numbers, shady people showing up around your gate. 99 times out of 100, na just scare tactics.

Any harm coming to Rohr would be tantamount to a disaster for Nigeria. And it won’t happen. He shouldn’t allow them bully him out of what is due him
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: All this chest bumping just tells me all I need to know. Like I said, you dont know Nigeria!

Remember October 2020? All that mouth WE (including me) all made? The Presidency ordered military to go out there in broad day light to murder children! They murdered children on camera and nothing happened! Like I said, you do NOT know Nigeria. Nigeria is one country that will commit atrocity n broad day light and the entire world will not say pim! :rotf: You never jam! Go through our history and its all there. If Nigeria wants to kidnap Rohr, he can be inside the German embassy, deep inside the Ambassador's wife, they will go in there and drag him out. If Nigeria want to end him on the street, Nigeria will end him, video it and blow the smoke from the bullet like its an old western! :rotf: :rotf:

Guys like Alfred Rewane and Bola Ige have been taken out without concern and you think its one nonentity that will give Nigeria headache??? You simply dont know Nigeria and the deathly wickedness that lay within our land. Continue! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
My guy, don’t be simple. You don’t murder a Franco-German citizen because of a payout. That is more trouble than it’s worth. No dey mention political assasinations carried out by military boys. This is an entirely different affair. Nothing will happen to Rohr if he doesn’t buy their cheap intimidation. Rohr is safer than you are in Nigeria.

The moment Kickoff Chief mentioned the resignation/no resignation, I responded to him and said knowing Nigeria, they’re already making soft threats to Rohr in order to get him to resign. I already knew cause I know how those guys operate. It’s all bark. Nothing will happen to him
Last edited by deanotito on Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:25 am

My guy, don’t be simple. You don’t murder a Franco-German citizen because of a payout. That is more trouble than it’s worth. No dey mention political assasinations carried out by military boys. This is an entirely different affair. Nothing will happen to Rohr if he doesn’t buy their cheap intimidation. Rohr is safer than you are in Nigeria

Okay o. :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:36 pm

Naaa

I post whatever including things that I disagree with. I just believe we ought to be aware of all things possible.

That wasn't really my point though...

Its about unwittingly propagating wrong or misleading information esp one that damages the country/NFF..

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:55 pm

Naaa

Its about unwittingly propagating wrong or misleading information esp one that damages the country/NFF..
Txj

The way I see it is that have no PR responsibility for Nigeria or the NFF. My responsibility, as I see it is providing information on media reports about Nigerian football.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:07 pm

Naaa

Txj

The way I see it is that have no PR responsibility for Nigeria or the NFF. My responsibility, as I see it is providing information on media reports about Nigerian football.

That's what patriotism is about, no?

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:11 pm

Naaa

Txj

Txj

There is a difference between patriotism and censorship.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:16 pm
txj wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:11 pm

Naaa

Txj

Txj

There is a difference between patriotism and censorship.

Its not censorship if the piece is already out there.

What you've done is effectively help spread it. Help spread disinformation...