Biennial World Cup: Why is Africa keen?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Olayemi14
Egg
Egg
Biennial World Cup: Why is Africa keen?

Post by Olayemi14 »

Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Biennial World Cup: Why is Africa keen?

Post by Lolly »

Money! Money! Money!

That’s all they see. FIFA hands out lots of money for World Cup tournaments.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:54 am Money! Money! Money!

Bros, it is also about who gets money that Europe is fighting. Africa better think of money as well.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:52 pm

Bros, it is also about who gets money that Europe is fighting. Africa better think of money as well.
But have they thought deeply about how it will affect AFCON?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:57 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:52 pm

But have they thought deeply about how it will affect AFCON?
I should think so. Opportunity cost.. AFCON will not be biennial anymore but economically it makes sense and the frequency of AFCON can be sacrificed for that in my view. The big deal is the funds generated can alleviate dependency on state funds and if used sensibly can help develop facilities.

It is important that one does not visualize a biennial world cup with the current football calendar. Important. A biennial world cup entails a completely revolutionary calendar for football globally.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics