Minister Backs Rohr's SACK.........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Minister Backs Rohr's SACK.........

Post by Enugu II »

Exclusive: Sports Ministry Backs NFF To Sack Super Eagles’ Coach, Rohr
48 November 27, 2021 5:30 am
Exclusive: Sports Ministry Backs NFF To Sack Super Eagles’ Coach, Rohr
https://www.completesports.com/exclusiv ... oach-rohr/

Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Chief Sunday Dare has given approval to Nigeria Football Federation to dispense with the services of Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr, and has urged the nation’s football ruling body to look inwards for a replacement, Completesports.com reports

An impeccable source in the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development revealed to Completesports.com that Chief Dare, after carefully going through the technical report from the NFF and the reasons why the football authority wants him fired, gave the go-ahead for Rohr to be disengaged.

“The minister has given approval to NFF’s decision to sack the Super Eagles coach for poor performance, loss of control on the team and players’ restiveness, but the minister also advised the NFF to hire an indigenous coach in the interim to take charge of the Super Eagles,” our source divulged.

“There was no way Rohr would continue to handle the Super Eagles following series of indictments contained in the technical report and the reasons why the NFF wanted the Franco/German fired after the nerve wracking World Cup qualifying game against Cape Verde

“But the minister also advised the NFF to look inwards in the appointment of Rohr’s replacement to save the country several millions of money and also encouraging our local coaches who have been waiting for the opportunity to grow and achieve. The minister believes there are quite a few Nigerian coaches who are experienced as players and now coaches.”

Our source also revealed: “The NFF also explained how it intends to pay off the contractual agreement they had with Rohr and the minister is satisfied with the payment schedule”.

It would be recalled that the NFF Executive Committee met after the Super Eagles’ nerve-racking 1-1 draw with Cape Verde in Lagos, a match that almost threw Nigeria’s quest to be at next year’s World Cup overboard, and decided it was time to send Rohr packing

Unconfirmed reports in the media had it that president of Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Piñnick has already made contacts with some foreign coaches with the intent to appoint one to guide the Super Eagles at AFCON 2021 in Cameroon and the 2022 World Cup qualifiers final play-off round.

Will the Pinnick-led NFF heed the Minister’s advise and appoint an indigenous coach?, will be the big question on the lips of the Nigerian football faithful.

By Richard Jideaka, Abuja
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Minister Backs Rohr's SACK.........

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Old fake news. Sack him naw. The president, sports minister, every governor, senator and doctor has approved. Well, sack him naw. What are they waitingWe'll,

It's this easy

Minister- Gerenot, Gerenot........

Rohr- I can hear u. Why are u shouting? I'm right in your face. Is there a problem.

Minister- ha ha, are u normal? You're fired by the grace of God. Gwreout jare and go back to Gamani Abi na Drance u come from. Mshceeew. Alakori.

Rohr- ok. Pls honor my contract and I'll be gone.

Minister- Ha Ha....wich cotiract? Shebi we arranged it together. Abeg gerrout joor. Where you list for the next game ?
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

When our media is being criticized for incompetence some would argue otherwise.
Imagine a hot topic like this, with not a single media outlet in the country with any
information of value. And we wonder why none of our media does not qualify as a
research source.

Anyway na suya and akara them dey use our newspaper rap for to go.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:41 am Old fake news. Sack him naw. The president, sports minister, every governor, senator and doctor has approved. Well, sack him naw. What are they waitingWe'll,

It's this easy

Minister- Gerenot, Gerenot........

Rohr- I can hear u. Why are u shouting? I'm right in your face. Is there a problem.

Minister- ha ha, are u normal? You're fired by the grace of God. Gwreout jare and go back to Gamani Abi na Drance u come from. Mshceeew. Alakori.

Rohr- ok. Pls honor my contract and I'll be gone.

Minister- Ha Ha....wich cotiract? Shebi we arranged it together. Abeg gerrout joor. Where you list for the next game ?
The way you take this Rohr matter personal, I would have concluded you have 3D printed wall posters of Rohr in your room which you jerk off to, you're a very weird individual.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Rohr will soon be sacked offcially..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The matter is quite simple, if he is sacked, the NFF have to pay off his contract... The NFF simply don't have the funds to do this, note this will not only involve paying him off for the remaining duration of his contract but also having to pay for the new coach and his coaching crew. It is a no brainer. The NFF have appealed to Rohr to honourably step down but Rohr has probably made it clear that he doesn't mind stepping aside but the NFF have to honour their own end of the bargain. If they don't, all he needs to do is flag it to FIFA and remedial action will be taken, since there is a contract governing the responsibilities of both parties. The NFF are fully aware of this.

In the meantime, Rohr is carrying on with business as usual. The ball is in the NFF's court. The only good that may come out of this is Rohr may take the 'constructive criticism' and act on on the fundamental issues people have flagged with his team and make some necessary changes. This might just be the kick up the backside the players and coaching staff need. Failure to reach the ANC finals has consequences for both players and the coach...
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Mr Shows wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:49 pm The matter is quite simple, if he is sacked, the NFF have to pay off his contract... The NFF simply don't have the funds to do this, note this will not only involve paying him off for the remaining duration of his contract but also having to pay for the new coach and his coaching crew. It is a no brainer. The NFF have appealed to Rohr to honourably step down but Rohr has probably made it clear that he doesn't mind stepping aside but the NFF have to honour their own end of the bargain. If they don't, all he needs to do is flag it to FIFA and remedial action will be taken, since there is a contract governing the responsibilities of both parties. The NFF are fully aware of this.

In the meantime, Rohr is carrying on with business as usual. The ball is in the NFF's court. The only good that may come out of this is Rohr may take the 'constructive criticism' and act on on the fundamental issues people have flagged with his team and make some necessary changes. This might just be the kick up the backside the players and coaching staff need. Failure to reach the ANC finals has consequences for both players and the coach...
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Nothing to add….
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mr Shows wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:49 pm The matter is quite simple, if he is sacked, the NFF have to pay off his contract... The NFF simply don't have the funds to do this, note this will not only involve paying him off for the remaining duration of his contract but also having to pay for the new coach and his coaching crew. It is a no brainer. The NFF have appealed to Rohr to honourably step down but Rohr has probably made it clear that he doesn't mind stepping aside but the NFF have to honour their own end of the bargain. If they don't, all he needs to do is flag it to FIFA and remedial action will be taken, since there is a contract governing the responsibilities of both parties. The NFF are fully aware of this.

:clap: :clap: :clap: .

You're obviously a very smart hombre. There really is nothing left to say. The NFF have put themselves in a very untenable situation that they might not get out if anytime soon.

I support Rohr not because I believe he's a great coach. NO. Not because he's a great manager, NO.

My biggest fear is the NFF. I do not and have never trusted the NFF under any administration to put us on the right path or make decisions that'll improve our football.

I'm willing to stick with Rohr than to start a new process with the NFF. I remember when Amodu ran into bad form and we got Lagerback, I remember Bora, Bertai etc. What did we gain from them? As you rightly put it, Rohr might change course and it'll be for the better but to trust the NFF a month before Afcon camp opens is a non starter.

Hellz naw!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Look at all these ****bots...your oga has left..he was let go weeks ago...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved