AFCON & Omicron

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
AFCON & Omicron

Post by The YeyeMan »

I suspect this latest Covid mutation will pose a threat to AFCON proceeding in January.

More so if European countries continue to impose travel bans on African countries.

One to keep an eye out for...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCON & Omicron

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

They might use this to pressure CAF to cancel Afcon for a few bucks.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:44 pm They might use this to pressure CAF to cancel Afcon for a few bucks.
It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cameroon will do anything to get out of a hosting commitment.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Omnicron is in Southern Africa.

From indications so far it is a mild form of Coronavirus, and not very serious so let's hope it stays that way.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

With Rohr in charge and Ighalo leading the attack…., what’s the point of the SE going to the AFCON…..

I think we have learnt enough……

So Omicron or not…not really bothered….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Enyi wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:12 pm With Rohr in charge and Ighalo leading the attack…., what’s the point of the SE going to the AFCON…..

I am confused. Is Rohr still the coach or not?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bamenda boy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:19 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:12 pm With Rohr in charge and Ighalo leading the attack…., what’s the point of the SE going to the AFCON…..

Since October, just after the CAR game.
Where have you been?

This is the report that first broke the news, from a credible sauce. :idea:

Www.difansknowsbest.com

Rohr Finally Sacked
Oct 5th, 2021

The Nigerian national team coach Gernot Rohr, has been relieved of his job in a move that many Nigerians believe is long overdue.
Rohr, 68, was engaged as national coach in 2016 and has had a love-hate relationship with the NFF, the Nigerian football body as well as Nigerian football fans.
After being knocked out of the first round of the 2018 World Cup by Croatia and Argentina, Rohr went on to win his only laurel, the AFCON bronze a year later. Since then he has repeatedly failed to qualify for subsequent World Cups or AFCON finals and this has been cited as the main reasons the NFF - backed by a public outcry from millions of unimpressed fans - has decided to terminate his contract. “Don’t ask me which AFCON” said one particularly emotional fan. “Are you not a Nigerian?” he asked, angrily.

Other reasons cited by the football administration include his refusal to resign over his own delayed salary payments as it is widely believed to be “a sure sign of his ‘insider’ corruption” and “a desperation to make a name for himself with the unrivalled, world class talent Nigeria has at its disposal”.

Inside ‘sauces’ also say that Rohr’s most recent and fatal oversight was his refusal to invite to the national team the Nigerian striker currently tearing up the Bundesliga with Union Berlin, Taiwo Awoniyi. This oversight, according to NFF 3rd VP Tobi ‘17’ Wisdom, was “the last straw”. VP Tobi Wisdom was instrumental to what he described as “a very simple and straightforward decision. On that alone, the man had to go. Finish”.

When it was pointed out that Awoniyi had indeed now been invited as a late call-up, Mr Wisdom stated he was “not aware of it” and made a quick dash to the loo from where he exited through the window. His press secretary later explained his boss’ unusual action, stating “he was pressed”.

Nigeria has several games to play before qualifying for the 2022 AFCON and there are indications that they have several world class coaches lining up to take on the job which unofficially comes ‘without a salary until further notice’.

“We can’t wait” said one former coach of a top European country who chose to remain anonymous. “I’m by my phone every day, waiting. My wife and child already have their bags packed. With its talent and superb infrastructure, coaching the Superb Eagles of Nigeria is every coach’s dream” he said.

When it was pointed out that the Nigerian national team is known as the Super Eagles rather than the ‘Superb’ Eagles, he informed this reporter that his first goal would be to immediately change the name of the team to ‘Superb’ Eagles. He went on, “Superb is far better than ‘Super’ and therefore psychologically, the team will be more prepared to reach the second round of the World Cup and even win it. That’s my plan.”

Nigeria’s next opponents are the Central African Republic. They arrived in the early hours of this morning accompanied by 16 huge sacks of groundnuts in their luggage. When asked the significance of the nuts, their PR secretary Haufor Doo explained “we are here to sell them”.

The game is on Thursday.

DaMunk, with agency reports.

Subscribe to www.difansknowsbest.com for more insider reports.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

difansknowsbest.com? Thats the credible source? Your head dey house so?

Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:07 am

Where have you been?

Www.difansknowsbest.com

Rohr Finally Sacked
Oct 5th, 2021

The Nigerian national team coach Gernot Rohr, has been relieved of his job in a move that many Nigerians believe is long overdue.
Rohr, 68, was engaged as national coach in 2016 and has had a love-hate relationship with the NFF, the Nigerian football body as well as Nigerian football fans.
After being knocked out of the first round of the 2018 World Cup by Croatia and Argentina, Rohr went on to win his only laurel, the AFCON bronze a year later. Since then he has repeatedly failed to qualify for subsequent World Cups or AFCON finals and this has been cited as the main reasons the NFF - backed by a public outcry from millions of unimpressed fans - has decided to terminate his contract. “Don’t ask me which AFCON” said one particularly emotional fan. “Are you not a Nigerian?” he asked, angrily.

Other reasons cited by the football administration include his refusal to resign over his own delayed salary payments as it is widely believed to be “a sure sign of his ‘insider’ corruption” and “a desperation to make a name for himself with the unrivalled, world class talent Nigeria has at its disposal”.

Inside ‘sauces’ also say that Rohr’s most recent and fatal oversight was his refusal to invite to the national team the Nigerian striker currently tearing up the Bundesliga with Union Berlin, Taiwo Awoniyi. This oversight, according to NFF 3rd VP Tobi ‘17’ Wisdom, was “the last straw”. VP Tobi Wisdom was instrumental to what he described as “a very simple and straightforward decision. On that alone, the man had to go. Finish”.

When it was pointed out that Awoniyi had indeed now been invited as a late call-up, Mr Wisdom stated he was “not aware of it” and made a quick dash to the loo from where he exited through the window. His press secretary later explained his boss’ unusual action, stating “he was pressed”.

Nigeria has several games to play before qualifying for the 2022 AFCON and there are indications that they have several world class coaches lining up to take on the job which unofficially comes ‘without a salary until further notice’.

“We can’t wait” said one former coach of a top European country who chose to remain anonymous. “I’m by my phone every day, waiting. My wife and child already have their bags packed. With its talent and superb infrastructure, coaching the Superb Eagles of Nigeria is every coach’s dream” he said.

When it was pointed out that the Nigerian national team is known as the Super Eagles rather than the ‘Superb’ Eagles, he informed this reporter that his first goal would be to immediately change the name of the team to ‘Superb’ Eagles. He went on, “Superb is far better than ‘Super’ and therefore psychologically, the team will be more prepared to reach the second round of the World Cup and even win it. That’s my plan.”

Nigeria’s next opponents are the Central African Republic. They arrived in the early hours of this morning accompanied by 16 huge sacks of groundnuts in their luggage. When asked the significance of the nuts, their PR secretary Haufor Doo explained “we are here to sell them”.

The game is on Thursday.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

He is not getting paid…..he does not leaving….in fact he is insisting that he stays and people here think he is doing it out of the goodness of his heart……

Are Nigerians this guilable !!!!!!?

Pay him….pay him…..

The guy does not care…..he wants to stay where he is (with no pay)…. :rotf: :rotf:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:44 pm They might use this to pressure CAF to cancel Afcon for a few bucks
I wonder how such will be possible if their own League games are going on, but like you said, with a STUFFED ENVELOP, anything can happen
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kalani JR wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:52 pm Cameroon will do anything to get out of a hosting commitment
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Are you serious? Why do you think Cameroon will do such a thing?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the oles at our NFA used up the money allotted for his pay to go watch english ball in London, now they can't sack him, because they can't pay him because oyinbo man no be local man wey dem fit kick around because fifa go come down hard on Nigeria football for many many years to come. Note, tournaments participation are their sole source of income to chop free.
So we siddon dey wait our smart assss CE kidnappers wey dey move into another direction to oust the old man and come announce to us say dem don remove the man, and bring in another journey man with borrowed money.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:25 am

...the oles at our NFA used up the money allotted for his pay to go watch english ball in London, now they can't sack him, because they can't pay him because oyinbo man no be local man wey dem fit kick around because fifa go come down hard on Nigeria football for many many years to come. Note, tournaments participation are their sole source of income to chop free.
So we siddon dey wait our smart assss CE kidnappers wey dey move into another direction to oust the old man and come announce to us say dem don remove the man, and bring in another journey man with borrowed money
Well, they say 'if you can beat them, join them', origins unknown. In this case, if the NFF can't end coach Rohr's services, then the NFF should help him in the areas they know, or think Rohr is lacking. If such were to happen, I hope his players won't be chosen for him
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:07 am

Where have you been?

Www.difansknowsbest.com

Rohr Finally Sacked
Oct 5th, 2021

The game is on Thursday.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Odas wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:00 am
kalani JR wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:52 pm Cameroon will do anything to get out of a hosting commitment
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Are you serious? Why do you think Cameroon will do such a thing?
How many tournaments have they hosted? They always like to enjoy other countries' hospitality but never host themselves.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Omicron leads European clubs to raise Africa Cup of Nations safety concerns

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... y-concerns
  • Covid-19 variant leads to ‘deep concerns’ from clubs
  • European Club Association seeks urgent talks with Fifa
Europe’s clubs are seeking urgent talks with Fifa after raising concerns over player safety at next month’s Africa Cup of Nations.

The emergence of the omicron variant of Covid-19 has led to countries around the world reintroducing restrictions and travel bans, and may lead to a fresh dispute over player release for international duty next month.

The public health situation globally looks set to present a major challenge before the African finals in Cameroon between 9 January and 6 February and the international windows elsewhere starting on 24 January and running to 1-2 February.

The European Club Association (ECA) board expressed its “deep concerns” around player safety and welfare around the international matches early next year, “particularly in light of the worsening public health situation and the severe challenges faced during recent international windows”.

An ECA statement added: “The board agreed to engage urgently with Fifa to ensure all necessary precautions are in place to protect players and club interests as the health situation continues to deteriorate in an alarming manner.”

The ECA is understood to be desperate to avoid a repeat of the problems which surrounded the September international window. At that time Premier League clubs refused to release players for duty in countries on the UK’s red list, because at the time they would have been required to quarantine in a government-approved hotel for 10 days on their return to the UK. Four England-based Argentina internationals did report for their country but their presence led to the abandonment of the World Cup qualifier against Brazil on 5 September.

For the October window, a new agreement was reached where fully vaccinated players were allowed to travel for international duty in red-list countries on the basis that they quarantined for 10 days at a club facility, only leaving isolation to train and play. That agreement was criticised by Jürgen Klopp, with the Liverpool manager saying it was “not a real solution”. The chief executive of the Professional Footballers’ Association, Maheta Molango, called for the quarantine period to be halved to five days.

The ECA board said opposition to Fifa’s proposals for a biennial World Cup was unanimous – a position that represents more than 240 clubs across the continent who provided three-quarters of all players present at the last World Cup in Russia in 2018.

It said the new international match calendars for men’s and women’s football must ensure the right balance between the club and international game, afford the necessary safeguards and protections to players which it said were overlooked in the current proposals and take into account the voice of club football and the ECA in any decisions taken.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skyspo ... tches-live

All 52 Afcon games live on the bbc and skysports
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Shytt. Not again.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg