RIVERS UNITED Applies NPFL Style in Continental Contest

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
RIVERS UNITED Applies NPFL Style in Continental Contest

Post by Enugu II »

“I have never seen it in my whole life” – El Masry VP laments terrible Rivers United treatment in Nigeria
https://soccernet.ng/2021/11/i-have-nev ... geria.html
Imhons Erons by Imhons Erons 4 hours ago in News, NewsNow, Nigeria, NPFL 0

The Egyptians are crying foul play after narrowly losing the first leg of their qualifying round game against Rivers United on Sunday

Al Masry Vice President Mohamed El-Kholy has lambasted Rivers United for maltreating them during their trip to Nigeria to honour their CAF Confederations Cup playoff round tie with the NPFL representatives at the weekend.

Rivers United hosted Al Masry at the Enyimba Stadium in Aba, with the Egyptian club drawing level two minutes after Uche Onwuansanya gave the Nigerians a 25th-minute lead.

Al-Masry did lose the match, though, as Ishaq Kayode’s effort secured a 2-1 victory.

But VP El-Kholy is displeased that Rivers United refused to broadcast the game and denied the visitors the chance to record it on their phones.

The Egyptian administrator has vowed to file a complaint about that terrible treatment with the Confederation of African Football, CAF.

“What we saw in our visit to Nigeria is something I have never seen in my whole life,” El-Kholy said, as quoted by Kingfut.

“The game was not broadcasted on TV, and when we tried to record it on our cell phones, they were taken from us violently.

“We were not protected on the pitch; we are preparing to file an official complaint to CAF.

“Considering the poor treatment and refereeing mistakes in the game, we did well, and our response will be on the pitch, in the second leg in Port Said.”

The second leg will take place next Sunday in Port-Said, with Al Masry needing to win 1-0 or by a two-goal margin to advance to the group stage of the continent’s second-tier club competition.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: RIVERS UNITED Applies NPFL Style in Continental Contest

Post by Cellular »

I don't understand why they will do it for the first leg of a two-leg encounter.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: RIVERS UNITED Applies NPFL Style in Continental Contest

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:03 pm I don't understand why they will do it for the first leg of a two-leg encounter.
For me, I don't even see the need for this type of antics. Simply ridiculous.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics