A real fan roots AGAINST his team sometimes...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Re: A real fan roots AGAINST his team sometimes...

Post by Robotnik »

The title is like saying a good wife cheats on her husband sometimes. Lol. Yeah sometimes we should be critical..
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:32 pm
King Futcha wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:57 pm
bushboy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:06 pm
King Futcha wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:29 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:10 pm
King Futcha wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:04 pm -- problem with that is vancity was spotted on the big soccer forum openly celebrating the super eagles victory while here claiming to have been rooting for the elephants, raises questions to say the least.
I believe Vancity is a fan. I do not believe that he actually trooted for Ivory cOast on that particular day in spite of his claim that he will be. It was simply as mark of frustration of his with the team at the time.
-- i would disagree that nfl and nba fans root against their team when they are tanking, they don't mind their team losing there is obviously a difference.
Thank you! No fan does that, in my belief. I am a fan of Houston Rockets and the current spate of losses in the NBA grates. Make no mistake about it. Yet, at the end of the season I want the #1pick but all that is forgotten when a game is on the line. Better believe it. Same with Chicago Bears whom I support. It grates and it hurts.
-- why would you root for roy to lose when he was getting brutally knocked out? true fans were considered with his health.

time for my tea.
yes imagine the bears playing the packers week 16 in contention for the top pick and you rooting for the packers, nonsense from our brother bush.
If the bears are playing the packers in week 16 of a lost season, where a LOSS would guarantee them the #1 draft pick in a draft where a QB in the mold of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady was available, only a liar would pretend that Bears fan would not prefer to lose on that day. I went to law school in Jacksonville in the years when that team really sucked. I know how diehard fans felt about their draft position. So please, don't come here and tell me that a fan would never root for their team to lose. I have seen the situation with my own eyes many times!!
you said root against not prefer a loss, there is a difference, no true fan would ever under any circumstances root for a bitter rival team, full stop.

the jags with no history less than 30 years old franchise. i seriously question how many 'die hard' fans they had in the time period you're referring to maybe now but in the 90s those same fans you speak of were a fans of a different team, very poor example.
All we are doing now is JAMB English. You know exactly the crux of the point I am making and you're just choosing to argue over words. "Prefer a loss" or "root against," pick one. The bottom line is that one THAT GIVEN DAY a TRUE fan WANTS his team to LOSE because he sees a better future resulting from that loss. If you don't agree, that is fine. I don hear you.
It’s not JAMB, we simply don’t agree with your premise. It simply doesn’t follow what happened, being that it wasn’t just that one game he rooted against the team, he rooted against us all the way till we won and still didn’t celebrate the win. What kind of ‘fan’ is that? Till this day he calls the win luck and never acknowledges anything good about that team. A fan might disagree with the means to get the win but will always celebrate the win, regardless if the coach did it playing the players he liked or not.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

My apologies for coming out of retirement/Sabbatical to contribute to this thread. In the 80's, I was priviledged to attend UAC stadium( Now known as Teslim Balogun Stadium) to watch My darling team, Stationery Stores AKA Flaming Flamingoes. Akin to the SHED END at Chelsea was a place called Shaolin temple. There seated were hardcore fans. It is a safe bet to say that the amount of weed consumption at Fela's shrine were pale in comparison to the shaolin Temple. There were historians amongst the fans that could tell you the history of Adebajo Babes( another name for Stores) from it's inception. If allowed, they'll dictate the players the team must purchase. They'll often argue about the starting 11, formations and strategies. Nothing could satisfy some of these fans with their technical know-how. I've even heard some of them demanded that the coaches should be canned but never heard of anyone wishing death on a coach because of their love for the team. to fast forward, anyone calling VANCITY EAGLE a fan must be new on CE. The guy is simply an emotional wreck and an ITK. Without privy to any medical reports, injury updates, he starts throwing tantrum as soon as his beloved player is either not invited or on the bench. I kept asking myself why he's not in coaching field with all his football acumen and passion........My Break is over. Back to work......Merry Xmas and happy new year in advance.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Ekorian wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:59 pm My apologies for coming out of retirement/Sabbatical to contribute to this thread. In the 80's, I was priviledged to attend UAC stadium( Now known as Teslim Balogun Stadium) to watch My darling team, Stationery Stores AKA Flaming Flamingoes. Akin to the SHED END at Chelsea was a place called Shaolin temple. There seated were hardcore fans. It is a safe bet to say that the amount of weed consumption at Fela's shrine were pale in comparison to the shaolin Temple. There were historians amongst the fans that could tell you the history of Adebajo Babes( another name for Stores) from it's inception. If allowed, they'll dictate the players the team must purchase. They'll often argue about the starting 11, formations and strategies. Nothing could satisfy some of these fans with their technical know-how. I've even heard some of them demanded that the coaches should be canned but never heard of anyone wishing death on a coach because of their love for the team. to fast forward, anyone calling VANCITY EAGLE a fan must be new on CE. The guy is simply an emotional wreck and an ITK. Without privy to any medical reports, injury updates, he starts throwing tantrum as soon as his beloved player is either not invited or on the bench. I kept asking myself why he's not in coaching field with all his football acumen and passion........My Break is over. Back to work......Merry Xmas and happy new year in advance.
Bros, you are spoiling matter by bringing Stores fans into this. So it's okay to bulala your manager and players with koboko as long as they don't die?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *