Key players included in Rohrs 40 man AFCON list

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Key players included in Rohrs 40 man AFCON list

Post by Tobi17 »

For starters until Rohrs financial situation is sorted out fast, he might still be in charge until the AFCON before his fate is decided depending on if he wins the AFCON. So this week will define Rohrs fate as it stands.

THE NEW PLAYERS CALLED UP ARE:

Ademola Lookman

Sadiq Umar

Ejaria

Dessers

Dennis

Uche Obiogumu

Adebayo Adeleye

And a comeback for Victor Moses.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Key players included in Rohrs 40 man AFCON list

Post by Bigpokey24 »

where did you get this from? the list of players
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Adebayo Adeleye is a goalie in Israel
Uche Obiogumu plays for TSG Hoffenhiem
SuperEagles

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

So Rohr is still the coach? Na wa oh :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:05 pm where did you get this from? the list of players
My Twitter source is an inside scoop man, works with the media team of the NFF. Rohr knows his job is very uncertain and his team selection has all the markings of a desperate man trying to redeem himself... There are lots of more attacking mids in his team than usual.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robbynice wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:09 pm So Rohr is still the coach? Na wa oh :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: we are all in a merry go around
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Robbynice wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:09 pm So Rohr is still the coach? Na wa oh :rotf:
For now yes but nothing is set in stone for Rohr yet, this next two weeks will decide his fate.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Personally I have nothing against Rohr seeing out his contract (after all he has only one year left anyway), but that MUST be on the basis of very necessary changes to his cowardly football and team selection, the man knows his arse is on the hot seat with all the media backlash and drama on his lethargic football, so he went for lots of more attacking minded players in his AFCON list which would suggest he wants to have a last shot at redemption by playing more attacking and enjoyable football.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Main man Moses’ return is much welcomed. At least someone is who can do the basics consistently well. And can outsmart most African defenders.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

I like the new additions.
Victor Moses’ return means we can play a 352 with a proper rwb.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Synopsis wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:52 pm I like the new additions.
We need confirmation of this list abeg.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:03 pm
Bros the sources are on Twitter, all verified accounts with links to the NFF.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:17 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:03 pm
Bros the sources are on Twitter, all verified accounts with links to the NFF.
Okay, will check.
Thanks. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:15 pm Personally I have nothing against Rohr seeing out his contract (after all he has only one year left anyway), but that MUST be on the basis of very necessary changes to his cowardly football and team selection, the man knows his arse is on the hot seat with all the media backlash and drama on his lethargic football, so he went for lots of more attacking minded players in his AFCON list which would suggest he wants to have a last shot at redemption by playing more attacking and enjoyable football.
:agree:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

So no new midfielders In a 40 man list ?

WTF is wrong with Rohr?

This is exactly why the man must go.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:10 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:05 pm where did you get this from? the list of players
My Twitter source is an inside scoop man, works with the media team of the NFF. Rohr knows his job is very uncertain and his team selection has all the markings of a desperate man trying to redeem himself... There are lots of more attacking mids in his team than usual.
Who are the attacking mids ? Other than Ejaria ?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:02 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:10 pm
Who are the attacking mids ? Other than Ejaria ?
Aside from Ejaria, the Uche Destiny Obiogumu kid from Hoffenheim is an attacking midfielder, he's German born and apparently one of his Rohrs hidden "gems" that he discovered. I think with Ejaria, Iwobi and yet to be seen Hoffenheim kid we are conveniently covered in the attacking mid (remember even Lookman, Ejuke and Aribo can play as CAMs as well), then the usual names like Ndidi, Aribo, Onyeka and we might see one or two CM's in the list as well.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Rohr doesn't really need to do much, if only he can realise this. Just stop inviting Musa, shehu and Ighalo then bench simon. Put Chukwueze and Dennis on the wings and let Ejuke or Iwobi play in the Middle with Ndidi and Aribo. For the defense, Aina or Ebuehi and Sanusi at right and left back positions and then in the central defense use players that are good at passing out the ball from the back example Akpoguma and Awaziem. It is as simple as that! We need players that are good on the ball and also have some creativity in them.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gochino wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:13 pm Rohr doesn't really need to do much, if only he can realise this. Just stop inviting Musa, shehu and Ighalo then bench simon. Put Chukwueze and Dennis on the wings and let Ejuke or Iwobi play in the Middle with Ndidi and Aribo. For the defense, Aina or Ebuehi and Sanusi at right and left back positions and then in the central defense use players that are good at passing out the ball from the back example Akpoguma and Awaziem. It is as simple as that! We need players that are good on the ball and also have some creativity in them.
Spot on.

It seems really obvious, but Rohr is either too slow to learn or incapable of learning altogether.

I really wonder what motivates his decisions.

The good thing is that all these guys who make the 28 man squad will be camping for weeks and hopefully the man's eyes will open.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If Rohr survives this I would hope that all of this that has gone on will force him to change his formations and player selection. He cannot seriously be this stubbornly stupid.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

gochino wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:13 pm Rohr doesn't really need to do much, if only he can realise this. Just stop inviting Musa, shehu and Ighalo then bench simon. Put Chukwueze and Dennis on the wings and let Ejuke or Iwobi play in the Middle with Ndidi and Aribo. For the defense, Aina or Ebuehi and Sanusi at right and left back positions and then in the central defense use players that are good at passing out the ball from the back example Akpoguma and Awaziem. It is as simple as that! We need players that are good on the ball and also have some creativity in them.
Rohrs problem (aside from his tactical nonchalance) is that he is too LOYAL and inflexible for his own good. The man just can't see past sticking to the same core of players even when time and time again they've proven to be very average with nothing but diminishing returns to show for the undeserved grace reposed on them. These same core of players that we all know (Musa, Ighalo, Shehu, Simon, Collins, Ekong and to some extent Balogun). Now he has a chance (if he still remains a coach) before the AFCON to fix his mess and with the opportunity of more options of better players to choose from in an expanded squad... if Rohr somehow survives this backlash, and then goes to the AFCON starting the same core of garbage players he can't do without... then it will be obvious this man just wants to intentionally sabotage Nigeria... reason why NFF should have a massive influence on his player selections and playing style if they can't pay him off before the tournament starts.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The fact that Alhassan Yusuf and Nwobodo cannot make a 40 man list, tells you all you need to know about Rohr. Unacceptable.

The guy does not see a need for midfield.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:54 pm For starters until Rohrs financial situation is sorted out fast, he might still be in charge until the AFCON before his fate is decided depending on if he wins the AFCON. So this week will define Rohrs fate as it stands.

THE NEW PLAYERS CALLED UP ARE:

Ademola Lookman

Sadiq Umar

Ejaria

Dessers

Dennis

Uche Obiogumu

Adebayo Adeleye

And a comeback for Victor Moses.
No new list will be complete without the inclusion of Nwakali. He needs to be given a chance.