Calvin Bassey

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sheikh
Egg
Egg
Calvin Bassey

Post by Sheikh »

We clearly have weaknesses at CB in SE, but why is no one talking of Calvin Bassey? He has been a revelation in the LCB position in the last 3 games for Rangers, with Ger fans, the Glasgow Press and the new manager, Gio Van Bronkhorst, singing his praises. It is highly likely he will become the permanent choice, following his stand-in in on for the currently injured Leon Balogun whose ability the fans have doubted for a long time. Aribo is also on the ascendancy (is reckoned by them to be their best playmaker). Contrast this to Iwobi's rapid decline.

Bassey is strong, quick and confident with the ball at his feet. An Awaziem/Bassey combo may be the answer to our misgivings about the Oyinbo wall. Pacy and agile CBs, ably shielded by Ndidi.

But doubt that Rohr appreciates how to utilize the talent he invites or see the ready made abilities of others not being invited (Dennis, Awoniyi and Onyedika).
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Calvin Bassey

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I watched tRangees v Livingston on Sunday and I totally agree with your point. Bassey is a very good LCB, strong in the tackle, good passing and he can shoot too. One thing I noticed is that he seems to be very calm , plays with urgency without errors.

If we're going to play 352 I think Bassey is one of our better options at LCB.

Awaziem- Akpoguma- Bassey
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

We can just forget it, Rohr is still in charge! He won't tamper with his oyibo wall and would continue inviting Musa and Ighalo.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

gochino wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:13 pm We can just forget it, Rohr is still in charge! He won't tamper with his oyibo wall and would continue inviting Musa and Ighalo.
You're free to support Algeria Cameroun or Ghana.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:03 pm I watched tRangees v Livingston on Sunday and I totally agree with your point. Bassey is a very good LCB, strong in the tackle, good passing and he can shoot too. One thing I noticed is that he seems to be very calm , plays with urgency without errors.

If we're going to play 352 I think Bassey is one of our better options at LCB.

Awaziem- Akpoguma- Bassey
I doubt that Akpoguma can serve well at CB. He plays RWB for Hoffenheim, and even then not spectacularly. Since we do not have adequately skilled three CBs for 352; I think Awaziem with Bassey, and shielded by Ndidi, may be more fitting. Wing backs would be Aina and Sanusi for balance. CMD/work rate MF could be Onyedika or Onyeka. Playmaker would be Aribo. This should give a fluid and supportive balance.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

**** is still there abi? So what’s the point of this thread?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

gochino wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:13 pm We can just forget it, Rohr is still in charge! He won't tamper with his oyibo wall and would continue inviting Musa and Ighalo.
...the name "Calvin Bassey" sound oyinbo, abi? does it matter where he was born?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:42 pm **** is still there abi? So what’s the point of this thread?
We will know his fate by today, from reports Pinnick, the NFF secretary-general and the sports minister are in a meeting to decide his fate today.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:54 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:42 pm **** is still there abi? So what’s the point of this thread?
We will know his fate by today, from reports Pinnick, the NFF secretary-general and the sports minister are in a meeting to decide his fate today.
They better sack him
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:11 pm
They better sack him
if only to get Collins, Simon, and Ighalo off the team, it will be well worth it.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

They better sack him
...with pay to the last kobo or penny, else y'all in long and damaging court drama.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

mcal wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:10 pm
They better sack him
...with pay to the last kobo or penny, else y'all in long and damaging court drama.

Don't mind the mugus. It's almost 9pm In Nigeria. Meeting never finish?
OCCUPY NFF!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

The longest sacking in the history of sackings😀😀😀.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Does anything work normally in Nigeria????