Onyeka Hoping To Put Spurs In Hot Soup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Onyeka Hoping To Put Spurs In Hot Soup

Post by airwolex »

Nothing to do so make i watch dis bobo
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyeka Hoping To Put Spurs In Hot Soup

Post by airwolex »

Spurs up already, Onyeka not in the game at all
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

airwolex wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:46 pm Spurs up already, Onyeka not in the game at all
The boy just giving the ball away like onku 1Naira spraying N5 notes at a Houston party :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I like Onyeka, but the fact that Rohr isn't even considering any other midfielders beyond Ndidi, Onyeka, Aribo, should really be worrying to SE fans. Even on a 40 man shortlist for heavens sake.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

From what I saw the guy is a squad player, nothing more.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:45 pm I like Onyeka, but the fact that Rohr isn't even considering any other midfielders beyond Ndidi, Onyeka, Aribo, should really be worrying to SE fans. Even on a 40 man shortlist for heavens sake.
Worry not, from all accounts Rohr is gone

But

There's a chance Austin Eguavoen might take over in an interim capacity :taunt:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Eguavoen IMO did well with the 2006 SE at the ANC where we finished #3.

I dont know what he has been up to since then, I feel like with coaching you need to be working all the time, TO STAY CURRENT, and cannot just be waiting for jobs.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:06 am
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:45 pm I like Onyeka, but the fact that Rohr isn't even considering any other midfielders beyond Ndidi, Onyeka, Aribo, should really be worrying to SE fans. Even on a 40 man shortlist for heavens sake.

But

I just want him gone.

Anything to get Collins, Simon, Ighalo far away from the team. We just have too much talent for those jokers to be getting so much playing time.

Can we get Musa and Shehu to leave with Rohr as well, pay them off, anything.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:16 am
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:06 am

But

I just want him gone.

Anything to get Collins, Simon, Ighalo far away from the team. We just have too much talent for those jokers to be getting so much playing time.

Can we get Musa and Shehu to leave with Rohr as well, pay them off, anything.
Tobi has opened a Gofundme account for Rohr's salary, you can help pay for it too.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

airwolex wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:12 pm From what I saw the guy is a squad player, nothing more.
But some people believe we currently have the best set of players in our history. Big joke.

Onyeka is very average and just a tad better than the Bonke guy. All hustle and very little craft. We need quality players but I honestly can’t see where they will come from.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:53 am
airwolex wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:12 pm From what I saw the guy is a squad player, nothing more.
But some people believe we currently have the best set of players in our history. Big joke.

Onyeka is very average and just a tad better than the Bonke guy. All hustle and very little craft. We need quality players but I honestly can’t see where they will come from.
The issue has never been the quality of our players but rather the balance of our midfield setup in particular where we have a number of destroyers and b2b players, but with a lack of those who specialize in distribution which imo is the most important aspect to any successful midfield.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:33 am

The issue has never been the quality of our players but rather the balance of our midfield setup in particular where we have a number of destroyers and b2b players, but with a lack of those who specialize in distribution which imo is the most important aspect to any successful midfield.
Bros, our problem is not only the midfield. Yes we don’t have good ball distributors in our midfield, but we also don’t have quality wingers and only one very good outright striker in Osimhen who is still learning his trade. And then our central defence pairing is really average but that is the best we currently have. And then our goalkeepers are just there.

We truly have big problems with the team which Rohr also recognises but he has not used what we have wisely hence where I fault him. When we had Victor Moses, Mikel, Onazi, Etebo, the younger Balogun and a better Ekong and Omeruo, the team looked good and Rohr was seen a good coach. We lose the core of our quality players to retirement and injuries and can’t replace them with same or better, and then Rohr suddenly becomes useless. Let’s see what magic the new manager would perform with these same set of players. I am sorry to say, we don’t have the quality we are used to but we can’t admit it. We have been hyping our players when it is obvious they are just average and can’t deliver those titles that we crave.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:04 am

Bros, our problem is not only the midfield. Yes we don’t have good ball distributors in our midfield, but we also don’t have quality wingers and only one very good outright striker in Osimhen who is still learning his trade. And then our central defence pairing is really average but that is the best we currently have. And then our goalkeepers are just there.

We truly have big problems with the team which Rohr also recognises but he has not used what we have wisely hence where I fault him. When we had Victor Moses, Mikel, Onazi, Etebo, the younger Balogun and a better Ekong and Omeruo, the team looked good and Rohr was seen a good coach. We lose the core of our quality players to retirement and injuries and can’t replace them with same or better, and then Rohr suddenly becomes useless. Let’s see what magic the new manager would perform with these same set of players. I am sorry to say, we don’t have the quality we are used to but we can’t admit it. We have been hyping our players when it is obvious they are just average and can’t deliver those titles that we crave.
All this because of Onyeka? Who exactly hyped him? Weren’t we all underwhelmed on his debut? So Keshis team had more talent overall than the current set of players? To say we have rubbish wingers after we see what Denise, Samu, and even Simon do for their club is very disingenuous without admitting that the coach has been unable to get them to replicate their club form for the NT and has a lot of blame for his teams lack of cohesion. This is a coach still calling and even at times starting the likes of Musa who is clearly past his well by date.

The problem IMO is unlike Keshi who locked for style of play that fits what he needs rather than solely on who is starting for their clubs and in which league that particular week and just throwing them all together on the field blindly. He would have tried out a lot of the unfancied players like the Michaels that actually fit a midfield playing style he’s looking for (but a lot of us would cry foul, he’s an agent, and VE would wish death on him). But this is all in an attempt to build a set of ballers that can achieve his style of play.

You look at the Algerian team, yes they have Mahrez but they also have key players in unfancied Leagues like Qatar, some riding pine like Ounas etc but they have built a TEAM that can execute the playing style the coach prefers. No top African NT has 11 world best players on their team so there is no reason we shouldn’t be competitive with the crop of talent we have available to the coach. Problem is he can’t maximize their abilities seeing as he’s a very basic average coach without a true game plan of how he wants his team to play and definitely no blueprint to how to get there post the Mikel/Onazi/Vic Mo spine built by Keshi that had made his job much easier in his early years.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

I never said the midfield was our only issue rather its our biggest issue that our coach failed to address until his hands were forced (injuries + the absences for the Cape Verde match) and even then in that notorious CAR match we had Ahmed Musa playing as a CM!!! That's arguably the worst thing I've ever seen watching the SE.

As long as our midfield is in its dire situation it'll reflect worse on the rest of our players regardless of the quality they bring as the tactics rely more on individual brilliance (Osimhen) rather than a thought out strategy. Our wingers are quality to say the least, their club form speaks for itself, but it's practically useless in a team with no plan.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

My goodness lolly knows nothing about football...what a beat down by mace. ...this is the same lolly who stated Dennise has been crap for Watford all season....now he attacks Onyeka
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:16 am
The problem IMO is unlike Keshi who locked for style of play that fits what he needs rather than solely on who is starting for their clubs and in which league that particular week and just throwing them all together on the field blindly. He would have tried out a lot of the unfancied players like the Michaels that actually fit a midfield playing style he’s looking for (but a lot of us would cry foul, he’s an agent, and VE would wish death on him). But this is all in an attempt to build a set of ballers that can achieve his style of play.
Per Italic
Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice in the win over Arsenal but there have been questions over whether the 36-year-old will fit in under Rangnick's pressing style of play.

"You always have to adapt your idea of football to the players you have available, not vice versa," said Rangnick.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59516076

Per Bolded. Michael Babatunde, had a very good game against Argentina, until the injury. When he was dropped by Keshi, after the WC. It was underhand dealing.

When Rohr dropped Brian Idowu, after the WC, it was because Rohr found a better alternative.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

All this because of Onyeka? Who exactly hyped him? Weren’t we all underwhelmed on his debut? So Keshis team had more talent overall than the current set of players? To say we have rubbish wingers after we see what Denise, Samu, and even Simon do for their club is very disingenuous without admitting that the coach has been unable to get them to replicate their club form for the NT and has a lot of blame for his teams lack of cohesion. This is a coach still calling and even at times starting the likes of Musa who is clearly past his well by date.

You look at the Algerian team, yes they have Mahrez but they also have key players in unfancied Leagues like Qatar, some riding pine like Ounas etc but they have built a TEAM that can execute the playing style the coach prefers. No top African NT has 11 world best players on their team so there is no reason we shouldn’t be competitive with the crop of talent we have available to the coach. Problem is he can’t maximize their abilities seeing as he’s a very basic average coach without a true game plan of how he wants his team to play and definitely no blueprint to how to get there post the Mikel/Onazi/Vic Mo spine built by Keshi that had made his job much easier in his early years.
You obviously don’t know much about football and you are a poor reader. Where did I say we have rubbish wingers? Not having quality does not mean they are rubbish. There is a word in between called average. You have seen Samu play for Nigeria many times and get abuse for playing poorly. Same with Moses Simon, Kalu and Onyekuru. While Samu is the best of the lot, he has played poorly too often when playing for Nigeria. That’s why I say we don’t have quality players.

And when you bring up Keshi, you guys have short memories of when Keshi’s teams were struggling to play well and win matches. I am not in the mood to start comparing managers. All I am saying is Rohr’s record was impressive at the beginning because he has a core of quality players who made the team tick. He doesn’t have that anymore and he has now been exposed.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:18 pm

You obviously don’t know much about football and you are a poor reader. Where did I say we have rubbish wingers? Not having quality does not mean they are rubbish. There is a word in between called average. You have seen Samu play for Nigeria many times and get abuse for playing poorly. Same with Moses Simon, Kalu and Onyekuru. While Samu is the best of the lot, he has played poorly too often when playing for Nigeria. That’s why I say we don’t have quality players.

And when you bring up Keshi, you guys have short memories of when Keshi’s teams were struggling to play well and win matches. I am not in the mood to start comparing managers. All I am saying is Rohr’s record was impressive at the beginning because he has a core of quality players who made the team tick. He doesn’t have that anymore and he has now been exposed.
Bros, clearly you are a soccer expert. We hail you!!!! So tell us why Samu and co are able to play well for their clubs yet suddenly can't play well for SE? Even Osimhen plays better in his club. You just automatically assume its because they are average/not good enough (lets not even bring up the low level of their competition like CAR, Cape Verde players etc and how its so much lower than what they face at club level), it never occurred to you that they might not be deployed in a scheme that favors/enhances their abilities? For example, when last did Simon play as a RWB? He did for one season in Spain and ran away b/c he didn't prefer that position. So why does **** persist with him there when he has natural wing backs like Ola Aina in the team? And since we are talking about Onyeka (we all agree he's average), but look at how he's used by **** compared to how he's used in his club. His role is less destructive and move box to box while in SE you see him doing a lot more defensive work than he's used to and which he doesn't really excel at.

My issue with your rant is you are making it all about the players, but what players do these countries we've been facing have? Some are using non-professional players in 4th division amateur leagues to get results against us and you think it's just the players? Like really? There is no point using a poor performance from Onyeka as a barometer to judge the entire team against. Makes no sense, but na you know chief soccer guru!!!!!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:18 pm

Lolly, so you too have fallen for the okiedokie from ****?

We don't have quality players?

I love the pedigree of the Madafrekingascar players, love the pedigree of Saro, or the all conquering Central African Republic players.

**** team plays in 5+ years like they just met for a weekend kickabout.

That is troubling.

And yes, we do have options in various positions... especially when compared to the teams they were struggling with.

BTW, did you hear the man say why they struggled against Capo Verde in the away fixture was because he was missing Ndidi and Iwobi??? Ahmean, SERIOUSLY?!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!