SE Coach Update

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE Coach Update

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:00 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:42 pm
Enyi wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:39 pm The question we have failed to ask is why is Rohr still keeping himself in a job?

This people have not paid you….

The players don’t like you

The supporters don’t want you….

The employers don’t want you……

…..what kind do a man with no shame will remain at the job …….?
One who honors a contract, abi is that a foreign concept in Naija? So he should live his life based on ‘feelings’? He is not in breach of his contract, NFF are by not paying him, if they want to terminate the contract they know what they need to do and haven’t so why should **** bear any blame here? I really don’t get this kind of mindset. He’s done nothing wrong as far as his contract dictates, if you want to get rid of him you follow the terms of your AGREEMENT!
Exactly, I want Rohr gone as the guy next door as I believe the man is crap, but he has every right to demand every bit of what he is owed, I'm sure Rohr doesn't give a sh*t if he is liked by anyone or not...the man just wants his money so he can leave. This is business not a match-making dating app for catching feelings
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Thank you.
With these kind of 'feelings' on full display here and the reactions to the crisis, is there really any evidence that anyone here can do a better job than the ones currently in charge?

A crisis that was very obvious and predictable from way back.
Now everybody is catching feelings, as if. :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:47 am
Adisboy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:57 am
Enugu II wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:55 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:35 pm He has yet to be officially terminated, so he is still the coach (at least, as of Dec 04, 2021).
If the Minister decides to stop him, that will be deemed governmental interference and Nigeria might be suspended.
Rohr has, in his capacity as the coach of the Nigerian MNT, has submitted his list of 40 players and is preparing to coach the team at AFCON.
The ball is in the court of the NFF.
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:45 pm No Rohr shouldn't be allowed to coach another game for Nigeria. Nigeria need to use Afcon to prepare the team for world cup qualifiers.
Otitokoro

TBH, I do not even think this is the crux of the issue.

Rohr can be fired now and damn the consequences.

There will be nothing like FIFA suspension on that. It has happened many times over and never a FIFA suspension as long as the NFF supports it. Is the NFF not in support of a sack?

Let's call a spade a spade. The hang up is about Pinnick himself and his calculation of his future in FIFA politics. He does not want to attract FIFA's ire. It is just that simple.

The reality is that all FIFA will do is be pissed off and then deduct Rohr's wages from Nigeria's WC earnings. That has been the process in previous cases in situations like this. The larger downside is that Pinnick's standing in FIFA politics will sustain a huge hit. That is the coco of the matter.

Prof, you are wrong. Nowadays you get suspended or thrown out of competitions. Check why Zimbabwe were disqualified from the 2018 World Cup qualifiers, it was because they fired their coach & couldn't pay him off. THIS IS THE MAIN REASON FOR THE CURRENT DEBACLE, not Pinnick's ambitions.
Otitokoro

Please post the story to support your view.

As far as I am aware, you are citing an incidence that took place almost a decade ago and it took FIFA atleast 3 years after a judgment against ZIFA and ZiFA unable to act before FIFA used a last ditch solution.

In fact that issue, among others, is what has now led to FIFA deducting money from its subventons to FAs.

However, if you recall otherwise, it will be helpful to post a story supporting your view.
Prof, as you requested below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31851586

Zimbabwe have been expelled from 2018 World Cup qualifying for failing to pay former coach Jose Claudinei Georgini.

Football's world governing body Fifa said in a statement it had taken the action "as a result of the non-payment of an outstanding debt".

Fifa added that Zimbabwe's Football Association (Zifa) failed to make the payments despite a grace period.

Zifa communications manager Xolisani Gwesela told BBC Sport that the body would appeal against the ruling.

"We have already started to engage authorities in Zurich," he said. "In any process you can appeal - just because a ruling has been declared, it doesn't mean the door has been closed."

Fifa statement on its Zifa ruling
Given Zifa's failure to make any payment within the granted periods and the request presented by the creditor, the Fifa Disciplinary Committee... ordered the expulsion of Zifa from the preliminary competition of the 2018 World Cup
Zimbabwe, who have never qualified for a World Cup, have to act quickly because the draw for the African zone qualifiers for the tournament in Russia will take place in July, with matches set to kick off in October.

Zifa is in dire financial trouble, with debts of more than US$4m (£2.7m) , and was recently forced to auction assets from its Fifa-financed training centre to settle a legal dispute with a former employee.

The financial problems date back a long way and when Georgini, nicknamed Valinhos, was appointed in 2008 it was announced that the Brazilian's salary would be paid by the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority as part of a 2010 World Cup memorandum of understanding between the tourism body and Zifa.

It is understood that Valinhos is owed $67,000 (£45,000) in salary and allowances from his spell as coach between January and November 2008.

Zifa CEO Jonathan Mashingaidze told BBC Sport he "does not see why we have been kicked out of the World Cup, the debt is still there anyway".

He added: "We've been liaising with Fifa and asking for a payment plan. We assume full responsibility of the debt, but the queue is pretty long.

"There are also former national team coaches Tom Saintfiet and Sunday Chidzambwa, and we owe money to banks."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Adisboy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:55 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:47 am
Adisboy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:57 am
Enugu II wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:55 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:35 pm He has yet to be officially terminated, so he is still the coach (at least, as of Dec 04, 2021).
If the Minister decides to stop him, that will be deemed governmental interference and Nigeria might be suspended.
Rohr has, in his capacity as the coach of the Nigerian MNT, has submitted his list of 40 players and is preparing to coach the team at AFCON.
The ball is in the court of the NFF.
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:45 pm No Rohr shouldn't be allowed to coach another game for Nigeria. Nigeria need to use Afcon to prepare the team for world cup qualifiers.
Otitokoro

TBH, I do not even think this is the crux of the issue.

Rohr can be fired now and damn the consequences.

There will be nothing like FIFA suspension on that. It has happened many times over and never a FIFA suspension as long as the NFF supports it. Is the NFF not in support of a sack?

Let's call a spade a spade. The hang up is about Pinnick himself and his calculation of his future in FIFA politics. He does not want to attract FIFA's ire. It is just that simple.

The reality is that all FIFA will do is be pissed off and then deduct Rohr's wages from Nigeria's WC earnings. That has been the process in previous cases in situations like this. The larger downside is that Pinnick's standing in FIFA politics will sustain a huge hit. That is the coco of the matter.

Prof, you are wrong. Nowadays you get suspended or thrown out of competitions. Check why Zimbabwe were disqualified from the 2018 World Cup qualifiers, it was because they fired their coach & couldn't pay him off. THIS IS THE MAIN REASON FOR THE CURRENT DEBACLE, not Pinnick's ambitions.
Otitokoro

Please post the story to support your view.

As far as I am aware, you are citing an incidence that took place almost a decade ago and it took FIFA atleast 3 years after a judgment against ZIFA and ZiFA unable to act before FIFA used a last ditch solution.

In fact that issue, among others, is what has now led to FIFA deducting money from its subventons to FAs.

However, if you recall otherwise, it will be helpful to post a story supporting your view.
Prof, as you requested below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31851586

Zimbabwe have been expelled from 2018 World Cup qualifying for failing to pay former coach Jose Claudinei Georgini.

Football's world governing body Fifa said in a statement it had taken the action "as a result of the non-payment of an outstanding debt".

Fifa added that Zimbabwe's Football Association (Zifa) failed to make the payments despite a grace period.

Zifa communications manager Xolisani Gwesela told BBC Sport that the body would appeal against the ruling.

"We have already started to engage authorities in Zurich," he said. "In any process you can appeal - just because a ruling has been declared, it doesn't mean the door has been closed."

Fifa statement on its Zifa ruling
Given Zifa's failure to make any payment within the granted periods and the request presented by the creditor, the Fifa Disciplinary Committee... ordered the expulsion of Zifa from the preliminary competition of the 2018 World Cup
Zimbabwe, who have never qualified for a World Cup, have to act quickly because the draw for the African zone qualifiers for the tournament in Russia will take place in July, with matches set to kick off in October.

Zifa is in dire financial trouble, with debts of more than US$4m (£2.7m) , and was recently forced to auction assets from its Fifa-financed training centre to settle a legal dispute with a former employee.

The financial problems date back a long way and when Georgini, nicknamed Valinhos, was appointed in 2008 it was announced that the Brazilian's salary would be paid by the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority as part of a 2010 World Cup memorandum of understanding between the tourism body and Zifa.

It is understood that Valinhos is owed $67,000 (£45,000) in salary and allowances from his spell as coach between January and November 2008.

Zifa CEO Jonathan Mashingaidze told BBC Sport he "does not see why we have been kicked out of the World Cup, the debt is still there anyway".

He added: "We've been liaising with Fifa and asking for a payment plan. We assume full responsibility of the debt, but the queue is pretty long.

"There are also former national team coaches Tom Saintfiet and Sunday Chidzambwa, and we owe money to banks."
Adisboy

As noted in my earlier post, the ZIFA case is unusual and occurred several years ago. Why is it unusual?

1. ZIFA repeatedly failed to pay after months (actually) years of being told to pay the coach by FIFA. ZIFA had no funds! None of this applies to NFF. If it dud the punishment of NFF will occur years from now.

2. Based partly on ZIFA case, FIFA no longer relies on the FA to pay the debt to coaches. The fund is deducted from their FIFA account. This basically does two things - a. Ensures the coach is paid, and b. Prevents FIFA from suspending the FA.

3. Given the above, it is unlikely that FIFA will suspend Nigeria over nonpayment of Rohr. Instead, the money to pay Rohr will be deducted from FIFA subverting to Nigeria.

Hopefully, the above makes it clear that FIFA suspension of Nigeria DOES NOT and WILL NOT happen.

However, the issue here is tgat Pinnick's reputation with FIFA will take a big hit. Pinnick is ambitious and this gas to be a major concern for him. That is the cocoa of the matter.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

So **** still there Abi? Even after their meeting? Lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Enyi wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:39 pm The question we have failed to ask is why is Rohr still keeping himself in a job?

One who honors a contract, abi is that a foreign concept in Naija? So he should live his life based on ‘feelings’? He is not in breach of his contract, NFF are by not paying him, if they want to terminate the contract they know what they need to do and haven’t so why should **** bear any blame here? I really don’t get this kind of mindset. He’s done nothing wrong as far as his contract dictates, if you want to get rid of him you follow the terms of your AGREEMENT!
Sorry bro but I don’t buy that…..

I am sure that if I went to work everyday and people called me a cracker and that I was poor at my job, called me names….I won’t say that I will endure it so as to “honor my contract” unless I am getting paid VERY WELL…. Then I might overlook certain things

Rohr is making money somehow and that’s the sole reason of hanging onto to job…

At least a man with honor will demand that Pinnick calls a press conference with him to debunk the rumours and insist that he stays till after the AFCON (at least for the stability of the team). This guy don’t care as long as his money is coming Somehow…..

SE and their supporters are the Mugus here and our journalists are busy making up stories about players than actually doing a proper and thorough investigation.

We don’t even know whether the guy is owed, has a clause in his contract, where he is at the moment or if he has spoken to Pinnick since the last game….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enyi wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:51 am

Sorry bro but I don’t buy that…..

I am sure that if I went to work everyday and people called me a cracker and that I was poor at my job, called me names….I won’t say that I will endure it so as to “honor my contract” unless I am getting paid VERY WELL…. Then I might overlook certain things
Enyi you are doing ‘wuruwuru-to-the-answer’ here.

The people doing the insulting in your analogy are not the employers i.e. the NFF.
It is the onlookers outside (i.e. the fans).
You can be sure that all this emotional bs going on in here is not happening in the board rooms where the negotiations are taking place. You’ve even heard that the man has his supporters who have been outnumbered. So this your analogy get as e be.

If you are based in the US, do you know how many racist comments have been passed behind your back by faceless people that ultimately can’t change jack shytt?
So you’d leave your job, or not honor your contract, or not fight for every freaking penny of your money whether you are being paid a million bucks or not because of them?
It’s YOUR money and nothing should faze you in demanding it.
Rohr is making money somehow and that’s the sole reason of hanging onto to job…
That is your Nigerian mindset in full flow there believing everyone is corrupt if they don’t do what is obvious in your opinion. You really think he is living hand to mouth when he openly told you years ago that he is “not a poor man”? :rotf:
Me I am not corrupt and would probably do the same thing myself as long as civil talks are ongoing and I love my job and can afford it. Call me a mugu but don’t call me a thief. :roll:

Nigerians in the millions do it every single day when they are not paid their due salaries for months or even years by both private concerns and governments. Is it because they are all corrupt?
What of all those owed millions for completed contracts by governments etc.? Are they making illegal money elsewhere too, like you suggest?

At least in Rohr’s case there are negotiations going on and nobody is abusing each other. When he gets tired he will go to court or wherever. But in Nigeria your friends will tell you to avoid court because it will drag things out for years to your regret.
I’m actually in a similar situation myself but I’m still “talking”.
At least a man with honor will demand that Pinnick calls a press conference with him to debunk the rumours and insist that he stays till after the AFCON (at least for the stability of the team). This guy don’t care as long as his money is coming Somehow…..

SE and their supporters are the Mugus here and our journalists are busy making up stories about players than actually doing a proper and thorough investigation.

We don’t even know whether the guy is owed, has a clause in his contract, where he is at the moment or if he has spoken to Pinnick since the last game….
Exactly.
So everything you are saying is wild conjecture and sounds more like your extreme frustration with everybody and everything.
I feel you but those dealing with the real situation don’t have the luxury you have of wailing out loud whilst throwing all the toys out of the pram!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:39 pm In America (and most civilized world), if you dont take your yearly vacation, they will issue a probe on your department to assess whether there is something you are hiding. Firms do this privately--i know this for a fact!

Here, you have a man who has been humiliated and fired and he is refusing to leave and the natives are clapping! :rotf: :rotf: instead of them to ask the vital questions, why are you holding on so tight?? what is so special about Nigeria that you do not want to leave. What are you hiding? They didnt have to tell Oliseh twice, he packed his bags and walked! That is a man with integrity. Here, this one is holding on and even threatening us that he will spend his own money to serve us for the rest of his life. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Are we not concerned that there is something this fellow does not want us to uncover, when he is gone???

Danfo, are you really asking why someone is holding on so tight? the answer is obvious

A). Resign and be owed 4 months of salary +
B). Hold on - and be paid what your are owed and also pay for breaching contract. More $$$$. THanks to FIFA

That is why NFF has been all noise and no action about the firing, they don't have the money. And for every month he remains on the job, what he owes also continues to accrue. You can tell from the get go that Rohr may not be as tactically adept BUT he is def a wise man, does not overact, plays the long game. Rohr and Oliseh are not in the same boat when it comes to long range, tempered approach even though from a pure coaching perspective, I may prefer Oliseh. Rohr is not going to angrily walk off and leave money on the table because someone like Musa may have been imposed on him.

I have become less wrapped into Rohr going or staying (even though I have reached the conclusion that we can use a more brave manager, more modern person). the bigger problem is...who can we retain some for a reasonable time to offers technical adpetness and stability for the technical advance to be useful... in the context we operate in? Who can offer us stability in our current context. What kind of FA makes the amount of noise we've made about changing a coach, firing, re-hiring without having their ducks in a row?. That kind of FA is the greater problem - meaning that the quality that grow in this space is someone that is ok without getting paid for 4 months, may not be that good of coach but great with people and patient. This , i.e Rohr is what we deserve.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

icee wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:31 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:39 pm In America (and most civilized world), if you dont take your yearly vacation, they will issue a probe on your department to assess whether there is something you are hiding. Firms do this privately--i know this for a fact!

Here, you have a man who has been humiliated and fired and he is refusing to leave and the natives are clapping! :rotf: :rotf: instead of them to ask the vital questions, why are you holding on so tight?? what is so special about Nigeria that you do not want to leave. What are you hiding? They didnt have to tell Oliseh twice, he packed his bags and walked! That is a man with integrity. Here, this one is holding on and even threatening us that he will spend his own money to serve us for the rest of his life. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Are we not concerned that there is something this fellow does not want us to uncover, when he is gone???

Danfo, are you really asking why someone is holding on so tight? the answer is obvious

B). Hold on - and be paid what your are owed and also pay for breaching contract. More $$$$. THanks to FIFA

That is why NFF has been all noise and no action about the firing, they don't have the money. And for every month he remains on the job, what he owes also continues to accrue. You can tell from the get go that Rohr may not be as tactically adept BUT he is def a wise man, does not overact, plays the long game. Rohr and Oliseh are not in the same boat when it comes to long range, tempered approach even though from a pure coaching perspective, I may prefer Oliseh. Rohr is not going to angrily walk off and leave money on the table because someone like Musa may have been imposed on him.

I have become less wrapped into Rohr going or staying (even though I have reached the conclusion that we can use a more brave manager, more modern person). the bigger problem is...who can we retain some for a reasonable time to offers technical adpetness and stability for the technical advance to be useful... in the context we operate in? Who can offer us stability in our current context. What kind of FA makes the amount of noise we've made about changing a coach, firing, re-hiring without having their ducks in a row?. That kind of FA is the greater problem - meaning that the quality that grow in this space is someone that is ok without getting paid for 4 months, may not be that good of coach but great with people and patient. This , i.e Rohr is what we deserve.
You make some good points but like many, you’ve been inadvertently sucked into a tornado and your orientation has been distorted.
You talk about the “noise” the NFF have made about sacking Rohr.
Is this not imagined?

How many statements on the matter can you categorically say they have made?
All the “noise” you attribute to the NFF is actually conjecture, debates on that conjecture, real and imagined leaks of some sort and in some cases, total fabrications. CE has played its part in generating a great deal of that noise, esp for those of us who get the bulk of our football news from here. :rotf:

Very little has been said by the NFF on the matter and if anything they can be accused of saying too little, rather than making the “noise” we all think we are hearing from them.

Maybe we all need to keep things in a little perspective.
Nothing is happening now that wasn’t predictable and when this “noise” (to “sack him!!!!”) was becoming louder and near-hysterical many months ago, those that advised caution were told their mouth was smelling.

Are you really surprised by the utter mess when are in right now, barely a month to AFCON?
I’m not.
But it’s still not funny.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't agree with the move. But wish the team the best.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Damunk wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:52 pm

You make some good points but like many, you’ve been inadvertently sucked into a tornado and your orientation has been distorted.
Is this not imagined?

All the “noise” you attribute to the NFF is actually conjecture, debates on that conjecture, real and imagined leaks of some sort and in some cases, total fabrications. CE has played its part in generating a great deal of that noise, esp for those of us who get the bulk of our football news from here. :rotf:

Very little has been said by the NFF on the matter and if anything they can be accused of saying too little, rather than making the “noise” we all think we are hearing from them.

Nothing is happening now that wasn’t predictable and when this “noise” (to “sack him!!!!”) was becoming louder and near-hysterical many months ago, those that advised caution were told their mouth was smelling.

Are you really surprised by the utter mess when are in right now, barely a month to AFCON?
I’m not.
You make some good points. Ultimately, part of the job on a FA is to know when to speak, what to say. There are times they need to come out and state if something is true or not true.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

icee wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:49 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:52 pm

Is this not imagined?

I’m not.
You make some good points. Ultimately, part of the job on a FA is to know when to speak, what to say. There are times they need to come out and state if something is true or not true.
I agree.
But from experience, whatever they say to clarify, there are those who will remain deaf and continue to repeat thoughts and ideas they’ve had for twenty years, argue on them and spew insults on them.
People are always stubbornly reluctant to review their preconceptions.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

When is Rohr first presser? It is going to be awkward. Rohr should resign.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

When is Rohr first presser? It is going to be awkward. Rohr should resign.