SE Coach Update

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: SE Coach Update

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:36 pm
Purity wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:41 pm According to Shina Okeleji of the BBC:

NFF boss met Sports Minister to discuss Gernot Rohr's future. Rohr wants his money+4 months’ wages, WCQ2022 playoff & AFCON 2021Q bonus.

Ex-Serbia Mladen Krstajić - one of several options, according to a top official.

Jo Bonfrere, 75, HAS NOT applied.
Always knew, Rohr was using NFF as his final pension plan. Oh well, Rohr believed in the SE project more than the NFF.
Your NFF are solely responsible for their dilemma, they thought Rohr was a mugu whom they will just use and dump since he was playing ball to their shenanigans all along... Now water don pass garri and the old cunning German has shown that his quietness wasn't to be mistaken for stupidity :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:41 pm
fabio wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:36 pm
Purity wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:41 pm According to Shina Okeleji of the BBC:

NFF boss met Sports Minister to discuss Gernot Rohr's future. Rohr wants his money+4 months’ wages, WCQ2022 playoff & AFCON 2021Q bonus.

Ex-Serbia Mladen Krstajić - one of several options, according to a top official.

Jo Bonfrere, 75, HAS NOT applied.
Always knew, Rohr was using NFF as his final pension plan. Oh well, Rohr believed in the SE project more than the NFF.
Your NFF are solely responsible for their dilemma, they thought Rohr was a mugu whom they will just use and dump since he was playing ball to their shenanigans all along... Now water don pass garri and the old cunning German has shown that his quietness wasn't to be mistaken for stupidity :rotf:
This is where you guys continue to get this wrong. This is YOUR dilema! NOT the NFF's. The NFF couldnt care less about our success or our future. You have absolutely no idea. :rotf: :rotf: When the elephants fight, its the ground that suffers."

He continues to play to their shenanigans. They want Ighalo, **** invites Ighalo. They want any player, the weak learner invites the player. They want to play a specific country in a friendly, so they can pocket the money, the weak learner doesnt care whether the game is appropriate for his team's preparation, he accepts it. They dont pay him his full salary, he doesnt complain. They give him a house, a car, a cut of agent fees and some stipends and a few prostitutes and he smiles! He is a goldmine for them! There is zero motivation to get rid of him!

The fact that you guys actually think the NFF is trying to get rid of **** because they want to is laughable. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: left to them, he will stay for free for the rest of his miserable life and they will continue to benefit. The only reason they are even making moves to replace him is the serious pressure they are getting from the fans and the the ministry. How can you guys not see this? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

only the NFF can makea mess a bigger mess Rohr is no longer the SE coach. They need to stop all of this delays and come out and make the annoucnement and hire a new coach. Afcon starts in less than 40 days. Camp will open up in 25 days.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The rumors

BBC say na Serbian coach

complete sports say Belgian coach.

Owngoalnigeria say na ex west ham coach.
List of former west ham coaches that could be potential candidates.

Harry Rednapp- highly doubt it.
Avram Grant
Sam Allydyce- Nigeria will explode if that happens. Hell no
Sivan Billic(sp)
Zola- I doubt it
Pelligerini- Nigeria can't afford him.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The rumors are all over the place.Normally the rumors are not this far ranging in the potential outcome.

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:39 pm In America (and most civilized world), if you dont take your yearly vacation, they will issue a probe on your department to assess whether there is something you are hiding. Firms do this privately--i know this for a fact!

Here, you have a man who has been humiliated and fired
and he is refusing to leave and the natives are clapping! :rotf: :rotf: instead of them to ask the vital questions, why are you holding on so tight?? what is so special about Nigeria that you do not want to leave. What are you hiding? They didnt have to tell Oliseh twice, he packed his bags and walked! That is a man with integrity. Here, this one is holding on and even threatening us that he will spend his own money to serve us for the rest of his life. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Are we not concerned that there is something this fellow does not want us to uncover, when he is gone???
...wow, did I miss the news? when was this?
Btw, Oliseh know his battle, and his battle is not with thieves because he can't win in a Nigeria court.
Rohr will take his battle to oyinbo court where he will win hands down, and be paid double plus court coast and attorney fees.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:39 pm In America (and most civilized world), if you dont take your yearly vacation, they will issue a probe on your department to assess whether there is something you are hiding. Firms do this privately--i know this for a fact!

Here, you have a man who has been humiliated and fired and he is refusing to leave and the natives are clapping! :rotf: :rotf: instead of them to ask the vital questions, why are you holding on so tight?? what is so special about Nigeria that you do not want to leave. What are you hiding? They didnt have to tell Oliseh twice, he packed his bags and walked! That is a man with integrity. Here, this one is holding on and even threatening us that he will spend his own money to serve us for the rest of his life. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Are we not concerned that there is something this fellow does not want us to uncover, when he is gone???
There is a bit of a spin your logic. They hired him and they can fire him true. They just can’t do it without paying what they owe him. No one in America can do that. I would not. Coaches are fired all the time most with severance packages but we are talking about work already done! Most here would not leave a penny on the table let alone the kind of money he is owed. The NFF is downright incompetent. They cannot get rid of someone because they could not meet the basic requirements of an employment. Pay for work done and people are talking of getting a world class coach. Would any of you work for these guys?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:33 pm

Here, you have a man who has been humiliated and fired
and he is refusing to leave and the natives are clapping! :rotf: :rotf: instead of them to ask the vital questions, why are you holding on so tight?? what is so special about Nigeria that you do not want to leave. What are you hiding? They didnt have to tell Oliseh twice, he packed his bags and walked! That is a man with integrity. Here, this one is holding on and even threatening us that he will spend his own money to serve us for the rest of his life. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Are we not concerned that there is something this fellow does not want us to uncover, when he is gone???
...wow, did I miss the news? when was this?
Btw, Oliseh know his battle, and his battle is not with thieves because he can't win in a Nigeria court.
Rohr will take his battle to oyinbo court where he will win hands down, and be paid double plus court coast and attorney fees.
Please stop talking. Everytime you speak you expose yourself. Your passionate love for your master is embarassing! Eu! Eu! Eu! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: shamelessness!

And your last sentence is nonsensical! You are not a lawyer, you have zero idea about how the judicial system works! You have zero idea of personal jurisdiction! You have zero idea about subject matter jurisdiction! You have zero idea about venue. You have zero idea of how the governing law clause/dispute resolution clause was drafted. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You have zero idea how attorney fees are awarded and why they are awarded! I know your kind! people like you go to beer parlour, drink beer and start spouting nonsense about subject matters, about which you know zero! :oops: :lol:

You are a laughing stock because you are embarrassing yourself. As one of my former Professors always said "the law is the most insulted profession! you often have buffoons who think they know what the law is!" But dont worry, EU! EU! EU! :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kawawa wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:34 pm

Here, you have a man who has been humiliated and fired and he is refusing to leave and the natives are clapping! :rotf: :rotf: instead of them to ask the vital questions, why are you holding on so tight?? what is so special about Nigeria that you do not want to leave. What are you hiding? They didnt have to tell Oliseh twice, he packed his bags and walked! That is a man with integrity. Here, this one is holding on and even threatening us that he will spend his own money to serve us for the rest of his life. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Are we not concerned that there is something this fellow does not want us to uncover, when he is gone???
There is a bit of a spin your logic. They hired him and they can fire him true. They just can’t do it without paying what they owe him. No one in America can do that. I would not. Coaches are fired all the time most with severance packages but we are talking about work already done! Most here would not leave a penny on the table let alone the kind of money he is owed. The NFF is downright incompetent. They cannot get rid of someone because they could not meet the basic requirements of an employment. Pay for work done and people are talking of getting a world class coach. Would any of you work for these guys?
Bro, that is NOT how it works! They can fire him anytime they want to and in fact, if its true that they dont have money to pay him, then its actually in their best interest to fire him in order to limit the "damages." :rotf: :rotf: In the America you mentioned, this is how it will work! You fire the person and then reach an agreement with them on severance. You can pay them in installments. Afterall, in Europe thats how they do it. People rarely pay the coach completely! they pay them over a period of time.

in a place like Nigeria, its even easier! They can sack him and invite him to a negotiation which they can drag on for a long time. He has one of two recourse (1) the court of arbitration for sports -- with covid, his case will take a while to get called; and (2) a court in Nigeria -- since that is the jurisdiction that governs the employment relationship. And we know a court in Nigeria will not sit to hear his case for the next 1 year or so.

The honest truth which you guys are too afraid to contemplate and accept is that the NFF does NOT want to get rid of ****! :rotf: :rotf: They need him and they want him! He is the guy who does it for them! He is the reason they are able to reduce the Eagles to a sh1t worthless team and benefit financially from it. They cant take that chance! They cant take that chance to bring in a serious man like Oliseh who will not allow them to share agent fees on players heads! They cant take the chance to bring in a coach who will not allow them to schedule nonsense friendlies that line their pockets. Una never jam! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: When the elephant fight, it is us fans who will weep and be shamed with shameless performances. It is us, who will feel hurt, who will cry and who will be mocked by our opponents. The NFF will move on to their next pocket lining fiesta -- the world cup qualifiers! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

A man I respect. That's why I despise the likes of Pinnick, VE, Damunk etc. They don't love Nigeria. They just love to see our money wasted. Nigeria ain't perfect, but it is given to Nigerians by God to develop. He didn't give it to the French or German or whatever skin complexion he is. Pinnick loves to live off the Nipple of Nigeria
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:34 pm

A man I respect. That's why I despise the likes of Pinnick, VE, Damunk etc. They don't love Nigeria. They just love to see our money wasted. Nigeria ain't perfect, but it is given to Nigerians by God to develop. He didn't give it to the French or German or whatever skin complexion he is. Pinnick loves to live off the Nipple of Nigeria
You can despise me all you like.
That’s your problem, not mine.
You obviously can’t handle a difference of opinion and therefore have a need to demonize people that don’t agree with you to convince yourself you are the good man.
Sorry o.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I have a feeling firing Rohr so close the AFCON and world cup playoffs will end badly for Nigeria. Reminds me of when Phillipe Troussier and Shuaibu Amodu were fired close to major tournaments. Troussier's sacking was not as bad, but not ideal. However NFF hiring Lagerback hurriedly after sacking Amodu was a disaster. History may be repeating itself again.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

olu wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:02 pm I have a feeling firing Rohr so close the AFCON and world cup playoffs will end badly for Nigeria. Reminds me of when Phillipe Troussier and Shuaibu Amodu were fired close to major tournaments. Troussier's sacking was not as bad, but not ideal. However NFF hiring Lagerback hurriedly after sacking Amodu was a disaster. History may be repeating itself again.
...we never learn. The thieves in charge don't care.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is a sickness or lack of common sense. I don't know. Look at the UK, even youth players start working on coaching badges. The NFF is failing. Work on the local league they won't do. Work on youth developm nt no. Improve local coach pro license no and etc. Instead the fools went and hire the former Niger national team coach. A guy that has no record of success to manage Nigeria.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr can't get a job outside Africa.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:50 pm Imagine the English FA telling the English that none of them will even be considered to be manager of the English national team. Nigeria is a sick country. I continue to pray for better days ahead. I want a NFF that reflect my values. Every one should be considered, both local and foreign. They also have to justify the selection to the public.
Ohenhen1,

Let me tell you something -- this will and does not raise eyebrows in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, what often identifies the best schools in Nigeria is to tell a Nigerian that my child is attending a school where this European or American is the Principal. Atiku Abubakar, Nigeria's former VP and attempting to become President, expressly points out that only a foreigner can serve as President of his university. Thus, this isn't a surprise at all. It is what it is. The mind capture is total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I expect Pinnick to tender his resignation soon.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:44 am I expect Pinnick to tender his resignation soon.
Why? This ain't happening, bros.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:42 pm

You obviously can’t handle a difference of opinion and therefore have a need to demonize people that don’t agree with you to convince yourself you are the good man.
Sorry o.
Why would he want an echo chamber? Anyway me sef I "despise" until you buy me di beer wey you dey owe me.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:48 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:42 pm

Sorry o.
Why would he want an echo chamber? Anyway me sef I "despise" until you buy me di beer wey you dey owe me.
Come my friend. Who dey owe who? :shock:
Nor be you dey owe me one bowl of nkwobi?
Please check your balance sheet well. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:59 am
highbury wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:44 am I expect Pinnick to tender his resignation soon.
Why? This ain't happening, bros.
...abi o, too many Arsenal games to go watch on NFA dime.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

mcal wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:04 am ...abi o, too many Arsenal games to go watch on NFA dime.
To be fair to Pinnick, I doubt he needs NFA dime to watch his beloved Arsenal.

The main issue with Pinnick and his fellow 'elites', is their solutions to problems: is importation or/and copy and paste. Their favourite slang: in saner climes, meaning sey una no dey sane for Naija :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:50 pm
kawawa wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:34 pm

Bro, that is NOT how it works! They can fire him anytime they want to and in fact, if its true that they dont have money to pay him, then its actually in their best interest to fire him in order to limit the "damages." :rotf: :rotf: In the America you mentioned, this is how it will work! You fire the person and then reach an agreement with them on severance. You can pay them in installments. Afterall, in Europe thats how they do it. People rarely pay the coach completely! they pay them over a period of time.

in a place like Nigeria, its even easier! They can sack him and invite him to a negotiation which they can drag on for a long time. He has one of two recourse (1) the court of arbitration for sports -- with covid, his case will take a while to get called; and (2) a court in Nigeria -- since that is the jurisdiction that governs the employment relationship. And we know a court in Nigeria will not sit to hear his case for the next 1 year or so.

The honest truth which you guys are too afraid to contemplate and accept is that the NFF does NOT want to get rid of ****! :rotf: :rotf: They need him and they want him! He is the guy who does it for them! He is the reason they are able to reduce the Eagles to a sh1t worthless team and benefit financially from it. They cant take that chance! They cant take that chance to bring in a serious man like Oliseh who will not allow them to share agent fees on players heads! They cant take the chance to bring in a coach who will not allow them to schedule nonsense friendlies that line their pockets. Una never jam! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: When the elephant fight, it is us fans who will weep and be shamed with shameless performances. It is us, who will feel hurt, who will cry and who will be mocked by our opponents. The NFF will move on to their next pocket lining fiesta -- the world cup qualifiers! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Which America are you talking about. Have you ever owed anyone months of end of salary, who theoretical has met contractual obligations and then fire them. Sure you can ease then out and renegotiate terms but not this way. Rohr will go but obviously he has NFF over a barrel. A public humiliation that mounts by the day is added bonus to the money he will surely get. They need to pay him. I wonder where they get the money for the great new world class coach :biggrin: :biggrin: