Bigger Derby... Nigeria vs. Cameroon or Nigeria vs. Ghana?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Bigger Derby... Nigeria vs. Cameroon or Nigeria vs. Ghana?

Post by Undertaker »

One may happen in March 2022 for qualification for the 2022 FIFA World Cup! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Last edited by Undertaker on Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Bigger Derby... Nigeria vs. Cameroon or Nigeria vs. Ghana?

Post by Lolly »

Nigeria v Ghana is bigger and would be the more difficult game for the SE
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:48 pm Nigeria v Ghana is bigger and would be the more difficult game for the SE
:clap:

The truth is that Nigeria has thoroughly dominated Cameroon in most meetings. It just happens that Cameroon beat Nigeria in a handful of games that proved to be championship games.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

It will be Nigeria vs Cameroon for me, for historical and emotional reasons.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Undertaker wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:25 pm One may happen in March 2022 for qualify for the World Cup! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Personally, I hate both match-up. It means one of the involved teams will miss the world-cup tournament which is NOT fair to the team which loses and to Africa as a whole.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I hope we get Ghana though hopefully with a better coach... these bredas have shown us pepper too much...
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lolly wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:48 pm Nigeria v Ghana is bigger and would be the more difficult game for the SE
Well, Ghana has good stadiums, they pay their coach, they have a coach and they pay their players.Heck yes it'll be difficult.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:29 am
Well, Ghana has good stadiums, they pay their coach, they have a coach and they pay their players.Heck yes it'll be difficult.
When was the last time they beat us?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lolly wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:50 am
I can't even remember Ghana beating us on the pitch but they sure beat us to food, power and water :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:50 am
Here are the Last 5 Meetings [Does not include the 4-1 manslaughter in England]

2017 Sep 24 - Cape Coast, GH - WAFU - 1-4
2017 Sep 18 - Cape Coast, GH - WAFU - 2-0

2014 Nov 7- Uyo -- Friendly -- 1-0
2011 Oct 11 - London --Friendly -- 0-0
2010 Jan 28 -- Luanda -- AFCON -- 0-1
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I dislike us playing Cameroon and ghana....it is 50-50....however Cameroon will always be a wahala team ..them collect 3 freaking Afcons from us and one for our domot.... at least dem for give us one..who loses 3 finals to one person..chei
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

With Ekong in defense, Ndidi in midfield, Simon in the wings, and Okoye in goal, even Benin, Niger, and Chad are big Derbys.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ghana is the more culturally relevant derby but Cameroon is the more emotional one because they beat us in three finals. I think some of the venom for the Cameroon is gone because Bakassi isn't a major issue today.

Would rather face neither them nor Egypt in the playoffs.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The midgets are almost always a headache for us even at our best. Every other African country OTOH gets bitched slapped by Nigeria if we come correct especially Cameroon and Egypt.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:04 am I dislike us playing Cameroon and ghana....it is 50-50....however Cameroon will always be a wahala team ..them collect 3 freaking Afcons from us and one for our domot.... at least dem for give us one..who loses 3 finals to one person..chei
We always beat Cameroon. 2 out 3 AFCONS they won were stolen. Last WCQs we spanked them home and away.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:51 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:04 am I dislike us playing Cameroon and ghana....it is 50-50....however Cameroon will always be a wahala team ..them collect 3 freaking Afcons from us and one for our domot.... at least dem for give us one..who loses 3 finals to one person..chei
We always beat Cameroon. 2 out 3 AFCONS they won were stolen. Last WCQs we spanked them home and away.
Last WCQ we spanked them at home but drew 1-1 away to them, I believe Simon Moses scored for us.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

When you are not discussing BMP/BMC type propaganda you get sense small... :taunt:

Those Kenke bredas na our original and correctest rivals... Cameroun claim to fame na lifting the AFCON via a Victor Ikpeba none giving PK goal.

The bredas on the other hand, not only sabi play but allegedly taught us the game... those midgets can ball. Weda na dem claiming our Jollof as their own... or claiming dia music better pass our own, to footie, dem no dey gree like any true midget.

Cameroun na Kung-fu and Wrestling... Ghana dey tap better leda.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Cellular wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:18 pm
When you are not discussing BMP/BMC type propaganda you get sense small... :taunt:

Those Kenke bredas na our original and correctest rivals... Cameroun claim to fame na lifting the AFCON via a Victor Ikpeba none giving PK goal.

The bredas on the other hand, not only sabi play but allegedly taught us the game... those midgets can ball. Weda na dem claiming our Jollof as their own... or claiming dia music better pass our own, to footie, dem no dey gree like any true midget.

I hear say Ghananess peope invented "Monkey post" na true?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria vs Ghana.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:01 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:18 pm

I hear say Ghananess peope invented "Monkey post" na true?
Uncle, I don't know.

"Monkey Post" aka "German Post" introduction to Naijaria beats me. Maybe Prof. Enugu-II can explain.
My earliest memory was "Le Professor" Eto Amaechina deploying it as a coaching tactics. Guys were drilled in passing and off the ball movement using small posts (Monkey or German posts). I also remember when James Peters resurrected it.

Gotti or Enugu-II might be able to tell you the history of when it first arrived on our shores.

Ghana fit claim am... because one Naija-Ghanaman, Christian Madu loved playing "set" that way.

But honestly, there were a lot of things Ghanaians introduced to us that we coopted as our own... remember once upon a time, there were plenty of Ghanaians in Naijaria, many working as teachers and skilled labor.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!