EMMANUEL DENNIS: It IS A LIE!! I did not refuse SE Call up......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: EMMANUEL DENNIS: It IS A LIE!! I did not refuse SE Call up......

Post by Mr Shows »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:22 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:23 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:02 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:31 pm
Mr Shows wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:45 pm The irony is that both the news that he had declined to play for SE and the subsequent story debunking the claim are BOTH junk news. Denis probably hasn't said jack. The so called 40 man list isn't even official.

Online news outlets need to wack jare, click baiting leads to more advertising revenue and there are enough magas to run with every fake story.
You're right sha.
The Punch newspaper report of his denial didn't actually quote any source.
Even though they're a more reputable news outlet (apart from Naija politics :rotf: ), they should quote their source.
I'd rather go with them even though both reports could be junk.
Damunk

Having quotes in a story dies not necessary prevent the source from denying a story. There are cases where a story is written with quotations and yet denied by a source that is displeased when the story appears in print.

Also, professionally a story can be reported without citing a source. This is done to protect a source and some of tge biggest stories are written in such a way especially where there is a risk in revealing a source.
Prof, we already know all this.
That is where the credibility of the publication comes into play esp in today's world of online online media.
I'd rather hedge my bets and go with The Punch than with Owngoal, who as someone said, are not always wrong, but too often are.
Personally, I think they make up their own stories and have no qualms about doing so.
Agreed.

I had given them the benefit of the doubt but the false stories are ratcheting up and one has to be wary of what they publish.
The moonwalking has started...

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/12/06/45355/

LOL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mr Shows wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:59 pm
Mr Shows wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:45 pm The irony is that both the news that he had declined to play for SE and the subsequent story debunking the claim are BOTH junk news. Denis probably hasn't said jack. The so called 40 man list isn't even official.

Online news outlets need to wack jare, click baiting leads to more advertising revenue and there are enough magas to run with every fake story.
You're right sha.
Even though they're a more reputable news outlet (apart from Naija politics :rotf: ), they should quote their source.
Damunk

Having quotes in a story dies not necessary prevent the source from denying a story. There are cases where a story is written with quotations and yet denied by a source that is displeased when the story appears in print.

Also, professionally a story can be reported without citing a source. This is done to protect a source and some of tge biggest stories are written in such a way especially where there is a risk in revealing a source.
That is where the credibility of the publication comes into play esp in today's world of online online media.
I'd rather hedge my bets and go with The Punch than with Owngoal, who as someone said, are not always wrong, but too often are.
Personally, I think they make up their own stories and have no qualms about doing so.
Agreed.

I had given them the benefit of the doubt but the false stories are ratcheting up and one has to be wary of what they publish.

LOL
OMG!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:22 pm
Mr Shows wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:59 pm

You're right sha.
Damunk

Agreed.

LOL
OMG!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I actually salute them for doing this, because they have been wrong too many damn times they need some accountability…deg gone fake news site mschew…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Turns out their 'sauce' wasn't too hot ...
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Now that owngoal have come out to accept that they truly scored an owngoal, what now happens to all the insults Rohr received cos of the story from folks here?
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

naijaguy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:29 pm Now that owngoal have come out to accept that they truly scored an owngoal, what now happens to all the insults Rohr received cos of the story from folks here?
That wan na standard.
Any excuse.
No apologies will be given and none should be expected.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:21 pm
naijaguy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:29 pm Now that owngoal have come out to accept that they truly scored an owngoal, what now happens to all the insults Rohr received cos of the story from folks here?
That wan na standard.
Any excuse.
No apologies will be given and none should be expected.
Has **** apologized for his eyesore footie? Even the loss to CAR did he apologize? No make I swear for una, apologize ke!? :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Come on man. Owngoal or not Rohrs selections and formations this side of Covid have been horrible.

I defended the man when there were baseless attacks against him, but that time has long gone.

It's at the point where I truly believe the damage Rohrs decision making will do is WORSE than any damage of a new coach, so long as they don't repeat the same mistakes.