EMMANUEL DENNIS: It IS A LIE!! I did not refuse SE Call up......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EMMANUEL DENNIS: It IS A LIE!! I did not refuse SE Call up......

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:58 am We already have a thread about this issue, should be merged but mods are awol as usual.
I disagree. It should not be subordinated by a false post. His denial should get equal play. It is only fair.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Watford Star Emmanuel Dennis Shuns Call Up To Be Part Of Super Eagles Squad For AFCON

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:49 am He does not want to play under ****. I follow EagleTracker/AyoT on IG. The guy keeps tabs on Nigerian players based abroad and the guy that runs the page said several players have confided in him that **** is incompetent and the worst coach they have ever played under. These are players that have repped Nigeria since u17. Futthermore why waste your time chopping bench for inferior players like Musa, Shehu, Ighalo in camp when you can be scoring goals in the EPL and other top leagues enhancing your reputation in the process. These guys dont need the SEs like that. Expect more fringe players to shun callups until **** is fired.
With all due respect, this sounds like your own feelings straight out of your own personal playbook and shared by others who feel the same way.
Which Nigerian players don’t need international exposure and even WC experience?
Na so dem superstar reach? :roll:
Abeg make dem go siddon…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Watford Star Emmanuel Dennis Shuns Call Up To Be Part Of Super Eagles Squad For AFCON

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:26 am PLEASE NOTE there is now a report that Emmanuel DENIS has denied the report that he refused an SE invitation. Please see the post on that on another thread.
Ah-ha!
I’m def not surprised.
That’s why I said much earlier, “if the report is true - and it’s a big ‘if’…

People were too happy to jump on the negative news and then justify his ‘decision’ for all sorts of imagined reasons.
Na only Odas been query whether the news dey true or not.
Thanks for the clarification.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:08 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:57 pm Here we go.

I wonder. Is it his club putting pressure on him.

Or is he frustrated with Rohr and his antics.
But is the news true, though? How are we sure this information is not FAKE?
Well asked jare.
Now you have been shown to be right.
The guy has denied it CATEGORICALLY.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I look forward to watching him play for England or Germany that dont have all these issues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:04 pm CE is just full of paranoid mugus and dunces these days.

Why should he go? Why? 6 senior players have already written to the NFF about the state of affairs and uncertainty facing the team as they begin preparations for AFCON.

1, A month to the completion there's no coach. Existing coach in Limbo and no plan to replace.
2, You owe bonuses to the players that you can't pay.
3, You want the best team to win under unreasonable circumstances with little support.
4, You're basically going to put something together and see if it works.

Meanwhile, Dennis, one of the hottest players in world football is supposed to put the most important period of his career aside and come join the train to nowhere. You must be outta ya freaking mind! This is only the beginning, other players will pull out too. The ignorance of Nigerian officials and fans is catching up on them.

Well done Dennis the menace. He's a real smart guy. :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Can they just ban owngoal for good?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Some of you on CE are strange...this is owngoal for goodness sake..we know they are the king of junk journalism. We all know kongi supplies them with gossip news..

When will some of yall actually research and educate unasefs... my goodness 3 plus pages of fake news...then trust damunk who never applies critical thinking to stretch this pathetic thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I also think the OP should be banned
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

Can the mods establish restrictions against any publications from owngoal? They are not a credible source of information.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

proclaimjesus02 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:19 pm Can the mods establish restrictions against any publications from owngoal? They are not a credible source of information.
Surely one has to become wary of stories from there given this type of falsehood. I definitely had given the source a pass but its stories are increasingly concerning.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:54 am
Odas wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:08 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:57 pm Here we go.

I wonder. Is it his club putting pressure on him.

Or is he frustrated with Rohr and his antics.
But is the news true, though? How are we sure this information is not FAKE?
Well asked jare.
Now you have been shown to be right.
The guy has denied it CATEGORICALLY.
Oh yeah? Thus the news was FAKE and all the rumblings were for nothing? Kai, I go die-oo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

gochino wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:27 am Can they just ban owngoal for good?
Such might be a good idea :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Granted they are correct sometimes, but being correct sometimes for a news outlet is dangerous to the public.
Last edited by Odas on Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:13 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:58 am We already have a thread about this issue, should be merged but mods are awol as usual.
I disagree. It should not be subordinated by a false post. His denial should get equal play. It is only fair.
:agree: :agree: this post shouldn't be merged with the lie-lie post 'owngoal' fed us.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

How did another lie from OwngoalNigeria get 3 pages of response here?

I thought that the mods have banned that site as a source of any news!!?
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:51 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:26 am PLEASE NOTE there is now a report that Emmanuel DENIS has denied the report that he refused an SE invitation. Please see the post on that on another thread.
Ah-ha!
I’m def not surprised.

People were too happy to jump on the negative news and then justify his ‘decision’ for all sorts of imagined reasons.
Thx Chief Damunk :D :D ! Yes, I wondered if the young man REALLY said such a thing.

Initially, I didn't want to add anything to the post, but at the last second, decided to ask the 'kwesion' if de tin na tru at all. In all, the article turns out to be a complete lie.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Odas wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:29 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:51 am
Ah-ha!
I’m def not surprised.

Thx Chief Damunk :D :D ! Yes, I wondered if the young man REALLY said such a thing.

Initially, I didn't want to add anything to the post, but at the last second, decided to ask the 'kwesion' if de tin na tru at all. In all, the article turns out to be a complete lie.
We need to help put a nail in OwngialNigeria as a news source. BAN it here and their readers will dwindle steadily
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The irony is that both the news that he had declined to play for SE and the subsequent story debunking the claim are BOTH junk news. Denis probably hasn't said jack. The so called 40 man list isn't even official.

Online news outlets need to wack jare, click baiting leads to more advertising revenue and there are enough magas to run with every fake story.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mr Shows wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:45 pm The irony is that both the news that he had declined to play for SE and the subsequent story debunking the claim are BOTH junk news. Denis probably hasn't said jack. The so called 40 man list isn't even official.

Online news outlets need to wack jare, click baiting leads to more advertising revenue and there are enough magas to run with every fake story.
You're right sha.
The Punch newspaper report of his denial didn't actually quote any source.
Even though they're a more reputable news outlet (apart from Naija politics :rotf: ), they should quote their source.
I'd rather go with them even though both reports could be junk.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:31 pm
Mr Shows wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:45 pm The irony is that both the news that he had declined to play for SE and the subsequent story debunking the claim are BOTH junk news. Denis probably hasn't said jack. The so called 40 man list isn't even official.

You're right sha.
Even though they're a more reputable news outlet (apart from Naija politics :rotf: ), they should quote their source.
Damunk

Having quotes in a story dies not necessary prevent the source from denying a story. There are cases where a story is written with quotations and yet denied by a source that is displeased when the story appears in print.

Also, professionally a story can be reported without citing a source. This is done to protect a source and some of tge biggest stories are written in such a way especially where there is a risk in revealing a source.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If you ask me there is no smoke without fire.

At most owngoal probably embellished their story, I doubt the made it up completely.

Given Rohrs comments regarding Dennis, something is going on.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:59 pm If you ask me there is no smoke without fire.

At most owngoal probably embellished their story, I doubt the made it up completely.

Given Rohrs comments regarding Dennis, something is going on.
Dude, you always think "something is going on". :rotf:
The only times you don't think anything is going on is when everything agrees with your opinion.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:02 pm

You're right sha.
Damunk

Having quotes in a story dies not necessary prevent the source from denying a story. There are cases where a story is written with quotations and yet denied by a source that is displeased when the story appears in print.

Also, professionally a story can be reported without citing a source. This is done to protect a source and some of tge biggest stories are written in such a way especially where there is a risk in revealing a source.
Prof, we already know all this.
That is where the credibility of the publication comes into play esp in today's world of online online media.
I'd rather hedge my bets and go with The Punch than with Owngoal, who as someone said, are not always wrong, but too often are.
Personally, I think they make up their own stories and have no qualms about doing so.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:23 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:02 pm

You're right sha.
Damunk

Prof, we already know all this.
That is where the credibility of the publication comes into play esp in today's world of online online media.
I'd rather hedge my bets and go with The Punch than with Owngoal, who as someone said, are not always wrong, but too often are.
Personally, I think they make up their own stories and have no qualms about doing so.
Agreed.

I had given them the benefit of the doubt but the false stories are ratcheting up and one has to be wary of what they publish.