MKO ABIOLA NATIONAL STADIUM READY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
MKO ABIOLA NATIONAL STADIUM READY

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MKO ABIOLA NATIONAL STADIUM READY

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nice job by Dangote. However, the rot also starts the day they handed over to the ministry of sports. They'll be a party scheduled on that pitch within 30 days. The Nigerian givt has ZERO record of maintaining anything.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Well the Lagos stadium has been banned by CAF for the worldcup playoff, so we may be playing our matches here.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:07 pm Well the Lagos stadium has been banned by CAF for the worldcup playoff, so we may be playing our matches here.
I found this source on the net (The Street Journal) 'confirming' the story, BUT
...they are quoting Owngoal Nigeria.

That casts a shadow on everything.
Maybe you have other sources?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:08 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:07 pm Well the Lagos stadium has been banned by CAF for the worldcup playoff, so we may be playing our matches here.
I found this source on the net (The Street Journal) 'confirming' the story, BUT
...they are quoting Owngoal Nigeria.

That casts a shadow on everything.
Maybe you have other sources?
The story is carried by numerous other media sources. They have also listed all items in the release by CAF.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I for one am happy that eyesore of a pitch at that stadium is banned.

Does anyone know if Uyo is able to have VAR, or which stadiums we have that are VAR compatible, because that is a requirement from FIFA to host the playoffs.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Thanks.
I am not surprised to be honest.
You can tell just by looking that the stadium probably has poor facilities by international standards even if we thought (as I did) that they had improved the pitch.

It will be nice to see the full list of facilities CAF want us to upgrade apart from the pitch, the floodlights and the media centre. I'm sure even things like toilets, changing rooms and medical centre need upgrading.

Lolly, shay you dey hear?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ready for what?
Fans not attending gaames.
5 years from now another huge amount of money to fix infrastructure decay.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:31 pm Ready for what?
Fans not attending gaames.
5 years from now another huge amount of money to fix infrastructure decay.
Ready for next refurbishing
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:20 pm
Thanks.
You can tell just by looking that the stadium probably has poor facilities by international standards even if we thought (as I did) that they had improved the pitch.

It will be nice to see the full list of facilities CAF want us to upgrade apart from the pitch, the floodlights and the media centre. I'm sure even things like toilets, changing rooms and medical centre need upgrading.

I have been to many football grounds all over the world and I can tell you the Surulere stadium is not the worst. Yes it needs some improvements to meet CAF requirements, so it’s understandable if they move the SE elsewhere.

Abuja or Uyo would suffice but don’t be surprised if Amaju decides to take it to Asaba.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lolly wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:43 pm
Thanks.

I have been to many football grounds all over the world and I can tell you the Surulere stadium is not the worst. Yes it needs some improvements to meet CAF requirements, so it’s understandable if they move the SE elsewhere.

Abuja or Uyo would suffice but don’t be surprised if Amaju decides to take it to Asaba.
The amateur organisation will probably choose a yam farm!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Home of Asabatex... :thumb:
Thanks.

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Thanks.

When was the stadium built that it needs some improvements?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sir V wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:17 am
Thanks.

When was the stadium built that it needs some improvements?
I think that Surulere stadium was built sometime in the late 70s and used to be called UAC Sports Ground hosting Secondary School Principal Cup matches and some Lagos State league matches. Then it was upgraded in 1984 and more improvements were done around 2007 in time for the 2009 FIFA Under 17 tournament. More improvements were done 3 years ago.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

https://thenationonlineng.net/dangote-v ... a-stadium/
Dangote visits revamped Moshood Abiola Stadium

By The Nation On Feb 4, 2022

Billionaire businessman and Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, yesterday visited the renovated Moshood Abiola Stadium pitch, adopted by him under the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare’s Adopt-a-Pitch initiative.

Dangote, whose company, Dangote Industries Group sponsored the rehabilitation of the pitch, expressed satisfaction with the job done, as he was conducted round the pitch with the sprinklers working perfectly, and the two digital score-boards beaming live.

Dangote, however, assured the minister of his continued support.

“You can be assured of our continued support. You can always knock on our doors. We shouldn’t allow our Stadia to collapse. Nigerians have a very strong love for sports, so I think we need to complement Government’s efforts to ensure that everything works,” he added.

The Minister expressed appreciation to Dangote for accepting to adopt the Moshood Abiola Stadium, stating that he was the first to embrace the Ministry’s Adopt-a-Pitch initiative.

“I want to thank you for investing in the development of our Sports and the fruit of that partnership has blossomed into what we see here today. I would like to inform you that we have just received CAF certification of this Stadium for international matches, which means that the World Cup qualifiers, will be played here. This wouldn’t have been possible without your support,” Dare said.

The revamped Moshood Abiola Stadium is complete with nursery beds, two digital scoreboards, 24 sprinklers, and two-year maintenance, as part of the contract sponsored by Dangote Industries under the Adopt-a-Pitch Public-Private Partnership initiative of the Ministry.

Daura Stadium Katsina has also been completed, while National Stadium Lagos amongst others have been adopted, and are at different stages of completion.

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

return2k2 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:34 pm
I can't wait for the National Stadium, Suru-Lere to be turned into What it ought to be; better than any stadium in Africa. We resume our strings of victory then.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

All these dubious maintenance works; preying on ignorant local people.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Oguleftie wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:26 pm All these dubious maintenance works; preying on ignorant local people.
Really? I guess you know more that all I those involved in the renovation work.