Nacho sinks further down the bench

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nacho sinks further down the bench

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Daka has taken over as 2nd striker, Vardy is also on the bench and even lookman is starting. Obviously, Rodgers is not interested in playing 2 strikers and doesn't see nacho as a AM or 9. What now?

Nacho is not guaranteed a spot on the final Afcon team with the emergence of Dennis,Dressers and Awoniyi. Very unfortunate for Nacho, he's one of the best goalscorers in the game but he can't seem to get playing time even when he scores.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Nacho sinks further down the bench

Post by Enyi »

He needs to man up, put his playful side aside and focus on his career unless it will pass him by.

No way can a top scorer from the season before be happy to be third striker in a team that is struggling….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Bros i taya. Wetin he do Rogers? Lookman and Daka starting
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Kele needs to consider leaving. Rogers no send am
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

He better go get another soap!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enyi wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:27 pm He needs to man up, put his playful side aside and focus on his career unless it will pass him by.

No way can a top scorer from the season before be happy to be third striker in a team that is struggling….
I don't think it's his playful attitude or anything he's doing wrong, he just doesn't fit Roger's system particularly with Pa Vardy still banging goals. Needs to move.
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:33 pm
Enyi wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:27 pm He needs to man up, put his playful side aside and focus on his career unless it will pass him by.

I don't think it's his playful attitude or anything he's doing wrong, he just doesn't fit Roger's system particularly with Pa Vardy still banging goals. Needs to move.
But he was scoring for fun last season. No way Daka is better
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

There is no mystery to what is happening with Nacho and I called it out before.

You all cried racism and other nonsense. I guess Daka is a European.

Nacho cannot play lone striker, he also cannot play AM.

He is very limited in the position he plays and as Leicester, SIMILAR TO SE, functions best in a 433 Nacho will find it hard to play much for either Leicester or SE.

He needs to define himself either as a top/lone striker or AM, and work on his craft for either position, because he is poor at both.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lol Daka assists a goal for Barnes
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:37 pm There is no mystery to what is happening with Nacho and I called it out before.

He is very limited in the position he plays and as Leicester, SIMILAR TO SE, functions best in a 433 Nacho will find it hard to play much for either Leicester or SE.

He needs to define himself either as a top/lone striker or AM, and work on his craft for either position, because he is poor at both.
He played in the same team with Vardy and was scoring last season….

Unless you are a superstar, Being the class clown in football do not wash, most European coaches see it as not taking ur work seriously…..

Nacho is very talented and can slot into the team as he proved last year….but Rodgers ain’t the kind of guy to suffer fools….thus the bench….he needs to go to someone that will believe in him….

I remember Kanu having the same issues with Wenger when at Arsenal….I remember Kanu telling me in Pidgin that not everyone plays football by running….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Leicester were getting better results with Nacho starting than they are now. They're a mid table team these days with their 433 and Vardy scoring for fun.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enyi wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:45 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:37 pm There is no mystery to what is happening with Nacho and I called it out before.

Unless you are a superstar, Being the class clown in football do not wash, most European coaches see it as not taking ur work seriously…..

Nacho is very talented and can slot into the team as he proved last year….but Rodgers ain’t the kind of guy to suffer fools….thus the bench….he needs to go to someone that will believe in him….

I remember Kanu having the same issues with Wenger when at Arsenal….I remember Kanu telling me in Pidgin that not everyone plays football by running….
They weren't playing 433 last season. Nacho played with Vardy when they went with 2 up top.

Rodgers prefers 433 so Nacho is surplus, and Leicester is having the same problems with where to fit Nacho as SE is having.

In the end both teams are better off with a 433 and with Nacho on the bench.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lookman having another poor game.

It's like suddenly he is scared and unable to take on players when he was so confident doing such last season.

The guy is lacking confidence.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

airwolex wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:35 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:33 pm

But he was scoring for fun last season. No way Daka is better
Daka is better than Kelechi. Hurts me to say it, but it's true.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Watching Leicester against Villa at the moment. Daka looks like the real deal. Fast, holds up the ball well, makes good runs, and can finish too. It seems like Kele will only start when Rodgers plays 2 upfront, and Rodgers prefers to play with just 1 CF.

Kele is best when he plays alongside another CF, so it's hard to fault Rodgers keeping Kele on the bench, with Vardy scoring regularly and Daka looking so lively.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:58 pm
Enyi wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:45 pm

They weren't playing 433 last season. Nacho played with Vardy when they went with 2 up top.

Rodgers prefers 433 so Nacho is surplus, and Leicester is having the same problems with where to fit Nacho as SE is having.

In the end both teams are better off with a 433 and with Nacho on the bench.
I thought that Managers play the system that benefits their team more not the system that suits them personally…..

They finished 5th and FA Cup winners with Nacho in the team……

Please why change a winning formulae….?

I would understand if he started with Nacho and he was poor…..1st game of the season…Nacho on the bench… that tells me that the guy just don’t like him

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:59 pm Lookman having another poor game.

It's like suddenly he is scared and unable to take on players when he was so confident doing such last season.

Do you now agree that you were being "daft" when you were campaigning for his invite to SE?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

they are losing, may they continue to lose some more
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:15 pm

Do you now agree that you were being "daft" when you were campaigning for his invite to SE?
Not at all.

Players go through dips in form. It happens.

Lookman was our best winger last season. No ifs ands or buts. He is FAR better than that useless Simon who hasn't had a goal or assist in over 2 years playing for SE. That's quite a rubbish record.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:18 pm

Not at all.

Lookman was our best winger last season. No ifs ands or buts. He is FAR better than that useless Simon who hasn't had a goal or assist in over 2 years playing for SE. That's quite a rubbish record.

I've noticed you're more motivated by which players you don't like moreso than those you like. Your obsession with Simon,Musa and Shehu is very concerning and suggests there might be an issue there. Simon is one of the best performing SE players this yr so far, you might not like his style but dude does his job.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kai...oyibo na oyibo. They're using VAR to rob teams in front of our korokoro eyes. :woot:
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Daka is having a good game but he is not better than Kele
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:31 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:18 pm

Not at all.

I've noticed you're more motivated by which players you don't like moreso than those you like. Your obsession with Simon,Musa and Shehu is very concerning and suggests there might be an issue there. Simon is one of the best performing SE players this yr so far, you might not like his style but dude does his job.
He's doing good for club but he is CRAP for SE.

The job of a winger is to create chances and score goals.

He doesn't have a goal or assist for SE in over 2 years despite starting virtually every match on that period. No matter how you slice it that is piss poor. His club form is irrelevant at this point. Others need to be tried, it's not like we don't have plenty of options. Only Musa is worse than Simon.