SE Midfield conundrum….

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
SE Midfield conundrum….

Post by Enyi »

Just thinking that we have a limited Midfield pool…at the moment.

Nathan Tella at Southampton us one that will play for us if asked….

Another option is Carney Chukwuemeka at Villa, come in last game and played well….he is highly regarded in England set-up so might be a bit harder to get but worth a try….

Disclaimer: I do not know this players (apart from Tella when he was at Arsenal - and not personally). I am not an agent either
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE Midfield conundrum….

Post by 1naija »

What is this?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We don't have a "midfield conundrum"

We have a "ROHR CONUNDRUM"
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:30 pm We don't have a "midfield conundrum"

Central Midfield shortage then….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nathan Tella no be am. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enyi wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:35 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:30 pm We don't have a "midfield conundrum"

There is no shortage.

Ovie Ejaria
Alhassan Yusuf
Obinna Nwobodo
Tom Dele Bashiru
Raphael Onyedika

Rohr is just a complete moron.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:52 pm

There is no shortage.

Ovie Ejaria
Alhassan Yusuf
Obinna Nwobodo
Tom Dele Bashiru
Raphael Onyedika

Come on…..

Yusuf is average, Nwobodo is ok. Bashiru is also ok…Onyedika, I like.

With the above options, we are still short

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enyi wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:25 pm Just thinking that we have a limited Midfield pool…at the moment.

Another option is Carney Chukwuemeka at Villa, come in last game and played well….he is highly regarded in England set-up so might be a bit harder to get but worth a try….

Disclaimer: I do not know this players (apart from Tella when he was at Arsenal - and not personally). I am not an agent either

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No, you're an 'agent', don't deny or run from it.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Odas wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:32 pm
Enyi wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:25 pm Just thinking that we have a limited Midfield pool…at the moment.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No, you're an 'agent', don't deny or run from it.
He's the Agent union president. :laugh:

Seriously tho, Chukwuemeka is a good player, looks the part but I don't think we can get him from Enguland.
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Nathan Tella ke? Lmao
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

There is no shortage.

Ovie Ejaria
Alhassan Yusuf
Obinna Nwobodo
Tom Dele Bashiru
Raphael Onyedika

A list of players still untried at the highest level. Let’s pray they continue to improve. Another one I had high hopes for was Paul Mukairu. His move to Belgium didn’t really work out and he is now back in Turkey. Add him to your list.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:39 pm

There is no shortage.

Ovie Ejaria
Alhassan Yusuf
Obinna Nwobodo
Tom Dele Bashiru
Raphael Onyedika

A list of players still untried at the highest level. Let’s pray they continue to improve. Another one I had high hopes for was Paul Mukairu. His move to Belgium didn’t really work out and he is now back in Turkey. Add him to your list.
Vancity no gree us hear word with that Mukairo guy.
Same with Ayo Akinfe and Nwakali. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Our SE is not short of midfielders. What we need are players who have a first touch control,
and able to make that quick pass instead of dressing and lingering on the ball, which can lead
to loss of possession.
If we look at the more sophisticated and successful teams, the players appreciate 'team discipline'
instead of individual glory. Championship style long passes are avoided, and everyone is focused on
the objective.
The day we have an SE coach that is not shy about letting players understand and respect the team
concept, with the consequence of straying away from these resulting in bench sitting or no invitation
to camp, is when our lamentations will be eased.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Enyi wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:06 pm

There is no shortage.

Ovie Ejaria
Alhassan Yusuf
Obinna Nwobodo
Tom Dele Bashiru
Raphael Onyedika

Come on…..

Yusuf is average, Nwobodo is ok. Bashiru is also ok…Onyedika, I like.

With the above options, we are still short
How do you know? Has Yusuf been giving a chance to compete for a SE shirt? The boy plays for one of the top clubs in Belguim in a position where we are light on bodies but is average? At least give him an opportunity to comepete.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

airwolex wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:38 pm Nathan Tella ke? Lmao
Tella has talent.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tella has talent...

But just like several positions on the pitch, it boils down to chemistry and not necessarily about best players.

CD is one of such positions... Midfield partnership (complimentary players) along with striking partnerships.

Some people work best together.

Back in the old days, they used to ask the preferred personnel who they like playing next to... because their communication is always key. Who marks and who stays... who is the enforcer... who is the runner... who cleans-up.

A lot of times as fans we just want the best players rather than the best team... and often wonder why someone oftens finds himself getting a shirt ahead of a presumably better player.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:03 pm

Tella has talent...

But just like several positions on the pitch, it boils down to chemistry and not necessarily about best players.

CD is one of such positions... Midfield partnership (complimentary players) along with striking partnerships.

Back in the old days, they used to ask the preferred personnel who they like playing next to... because their communication is always key. Who marks and who stays... who is the enforcer... who is the runner... who cleans-up.

A lot of times as fans we just want the best players rather than the best team... and often wonder why someone oftens finds himself getting a shirt ahead of a presumably better player.
Spot on.
It’s why there’s a big fuss over whether Ronaldo should or shouldn’t be on the Man Utd bench.
If he plays, then for it to work, some other ‘star’ has to go siddon.
Simple.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Nathan Tella is a winger and form what i've seen of him he's not even as good as Lookman let alone the level required at the SE.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:08 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:03 pm

Tella has talent...

Spot on.
It’s why there’s a big fuss over whether Ronaldo should or shouldn’t be on the Man Utd bench.
If he plays, then for it to work, some other ‘star’ has to go siddon.
Simple.
If a someone who is not "a better player" gets a spot over "a better player" all because of "chemistry" then we should SEE THAT CHEMISTRY on the pitch. If not then that "lesser player" should sit on the bench, or not be called up at all.

I dont usually buy into these "chemistry" arguments.

Not when it comes to SE and the long list of corrupt or dumb coaches we have had.

"chemistry" is usually just an excuse for an incompetent or corrupt coach to justify their incompetent or corrupt choices.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:42 pm If a someone who is not "a better player" gets a spot over "a better player" all because of "chemistry" then we should SEE THAT CHEMISTRY on the pitch. If not then that "lesser player" should sit on the bench, or not be called up at all.

Not when it comes to SE and the long list of corrupt or dumb coaches we have had.

"chemistry" is usually just an excuse for an incompetent or corrupt coach to justify their incompetent or corrupt choices.
In team sports, chemistry matters more that you might want to admit.
Imagine putting together a set of individualistic ball jugglers with no concept of team play.
No matter how talented any player is, ignoring team cohesion and tactics is certainly a recipe
for failure. Please recall the 2014 World Cup final between Argentina and Germany. We know
which team has the so-claimed better players, and which team won the game. I bet you can
probably name eight 'stars' on the losing team, with just a few on the victorious side.

We need to start viewing the SE as a team concept instead of overhyped individualists.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:31 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:42 pm If a someone who is not "a better player" gets a spot over "a better player" all because of "chemistry" then we should SEE THAT CHEMISTRY on the pitch. If not then that "lesser player" should sit on the bench, or not be called up at all.

In team sports, chemistry matters more that you might want to admit.
Imagine putting together a set of individualistic ball jugglers with no concept of team play.
No matter how talented any player is, ignoring team cohesion and tactics is certainly a recipe
for failure. Please recall the 2014 World Cup final between Argentina and Germany. We know
which team has the so-claimed better players, and which team won the game. I bet you can
probably name eight 'stars' on the losing team, with just a few on the victorious side.

We need to start viewing the SE as a team concept instead of overhyped individualists.
TBH, this explains VE's rather shocking arguments at times. If you do not buy chemistry argument then you have lost the plot entirely on team sports.

In fact, it is not just team sport but any collective action by any group. Team chemistry is the key to any group effectiveness and not just in sports. In fact, scientists point out that calculating group chemistry of five is not 1+1+1+1+1 = 5 but something like 1+1+1+1+1+1+@ =5+@ where @=a positive sum of the collective chemistry beyond individual contributions. Chemistry is a real asset for any effective collective action even when assessing a riot.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You are misunderstanding what I have said.

I didn't say chemistry is not important.

I said our coaches are using "chemistry" as an excuse for their poor or corrupt selections.

I said if they are going to use the "chemistry" argument then our team Berra be firing on all cylinders and more than often it is not, which proves it wasn't really about "chemistry" but something else entirely.

For example you cannot say that playing Moses Simon, Collins, Musa etc is because of "chemistry" when our team and those players specifically look like crap and display nothing even remote to "chemistry".
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:17 pm You are misunderstanding what I have said.

I didn't say chemistry is not important.

I said our coaches are using "chemistry" as an excuse for their poor or corrupt selections.

I said if they are going to use the "chemistry" argument then our team Berra be firing on all cylinders and more than often it is not, which proves it wasn't really about "chemistry" but something else entirely.

For example you cannot say that playing Moses Simon, Collins, Musa etc is because of "chemistry" when our team and those players specifically look like crap and display nothing even remote to "chemistry".
Okay. That makes more sense.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics