UPDATE: Rohr May Stay till after AFCON.... Paul Bassey

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UPDATE: Rohr May Stay till after AFCON.... Paul Bassey

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:20 pm
iworo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:16 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:50 pm I hear NFF will owe Rohr about 600K dollars. Aren't there sponsors that can foot thebill? There are Nigeria senators that earn more than that early. y 600K is not a lot of money. My college is owing a coach well over 14 million dollars. Why are people compaling about the world cup qualifiers in Qatar, whenthe NFF can't even afford to pay off a coach they don't want.
Understatement of the Day Award to you my esteemed brother :). They can't even afford to pay salaries religiously/consistently to coaches that they want or hired. And for some reason, y'all waiting for manna to drop from heaven to pay off a coach they don't want :D :D . Seriously!! In any case, nothing is impossible in Nigeria.
Iworoo

Money is malleable, you know. Ability to pay Rohr is not limited to NFf's current coffees. There are a variety of options whenever money is involved. The task is activating such options but they always exist.
EII,

Can you please tell us what other options there are for the NFF to pay Rohr off without the Federal government getting involved? I want to know of such options, Sir.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

What's to expect from the average citizenry when the leaders publicly espouse their
love of foreign clubs. What other way to show the psychological colonization of our minds?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:51 pm Camp opens in 21 days.
... and we still DO NOT have a coach if they really want to fire Rohr. Na wa-ooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:50 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:50 pm I hear NFF will owe Rohr about 600K dollars. Aren't there sponsors that can foot thebill? There are Nigeria senators that earn more than that early. y 600K is not a lot of money. My college is owing a coach well over 14 million dollars. Why are people compaling about the world cup qualifiers in Qatar, whenthe NFF can't even afford to pay off a coach they don't want.
Understatement of the Day Award to you my esteemed brother :). They can't even afford to pay salaries religiously/consistently to coaches that they want or hired. And for some reason, y'all waiting for manna to drop from heaven to pay off a coach they don't want :D :D . Seriously!! In any case, nothing is impossible in Nigeria.
Iworoo

Money is malleable, you know. Ability to pay Rohr is not limited to NFf's current coffees. There are a variety of options whenever money is involved. The task is activating such options but they always exist.
EII,

Can you please tell us what other options there are for the NFF to pay Rohr off without the Federal government getting involved? I want to know of such options, Sir.
...the Feds can get involved incognito but I suspect 2 things;
1. Lack of interest in football/sports
2. Stingy to dole out huge amount without getting a cut
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

iworo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:46 pm As previously stated in the past, I'll prefer Rohr to take the team to AFCON and prove us all wrong by winning the cup or get fired at the end of the 2022 World Cup qualifier - CAF third round playoff. He needs to prove that he's amenable to change, as well as to seize this opportunity as a professional growth for himself.

I'll take my chance with him to take us to a competition that's almost a month away than one JJC or a political appointee. I'll even take my chance with him for the 2022 World Cup qualifier - CAF third round playoff that's three months away (but ensure that NFF technical committee scrutinize his team selection) than one JJC or a political appointee.

If we don't come back home with AFCON Cup OR failed to qualify for World Cup (which I strongly doubt in my opinion) OR not much improvement with the team. Then we can fire him if he failed in any ONE of the aforementioned criteria. The new coach will have almost 9 months to familiarize with the team before World Cup (that's if we qualify) starts.
Here we go again. All your recommendations boil to down wishful thinking. After 5+ years, the collective mess (Pinnick, Rohr, and the NFF technical committee) did NOT live up to their responsibilities, and yet you are wishing for a Hail Mary scenario to bail them out of their individual and collective ineptitude, and cluelessness. Haba! You did not study for 5+ years, and you stumbled, cheated, and crawled into a PhD thesis meeting, and honestly expect to defend your work? It works only if you expected the other party to be part of the scam.

As you wrote, Pinnick, and Rohr expects Nigerians like you to defend him to the very end. Our Mumu too much. We are done learning. Same BS was propagated, and accepted pre WC 2018. "We have a young team, we are here to learn, the other team has players playing in better clubs, the other team is ranked higher, the grass is cut too low, the weather is not optimal, etc." It is time to graduate, and the student never learnt anything. The honeymoon was over long time. What has he shown that indicates mental flexibility in player selection, team preparation, tactics, and game management? That is just one visible item. Is counting on individual heroics the new coaching mantra? If somehow the team progresses in the AFCON, it would be in spite of him not based on his input.

The general consensus is that the AFCON realistically has to be seen as a 3 game (+plus more) organized friendlies in preparation for the real deal, the WC qualifier.

Rohr has to be let go. Deal with the reality instead of wishing it away.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

OJI wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:14 pm
iworo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:46 pm As previously stated in the past, I'll prefer Rohr to take the team to AFCON and prove us all wrong by winning the cup or get fired at the end of the 2022 World Cup qualifier - CAF third round playoff. He needs to prove that he's amenable to change, as well as to seize this opportunity as a professional growth for himself.

I'll take my chance with him to take us to a competition that's almost a month away than one JJC or a political appointee. I'll even take my chance with him for the 2022 World Cup qualifier - CAF third round playoff that's three months away (but ensure that NFF technical committee scrutinize his team selection) than one JJC or a political appointee.

If we don't come back home with AFCON Cup OR failed to qualify for World Cup (which I strongly doubt in my opinion) OR not much improvement with the team. Then we can fire him if he failed in any ONE of the aforementioned criteria. The new coach will have almost 9 months to familiarize with the team before World Cup (that's if we qualify) starts.
Here we go again. All your recommendations boil to down wishful thinking. After 5+ years, the collective mess (Pinnick, Rohr, and the NFF technical committee) did NOT live up to their responsibilities, and yet you are wishing for a Hail Mary scenario to bail them out of their individual and collective ineptitude, and cluelessness. Haba! You did not study for 5+ years, and you stumbled, cheated, and crawled into a PhD thesis meeting, and honestly expect to defend your work? It works only if you expected the other party to be part of the scam.

As you wrote, Pinnick, and Rohr expects Nigerians like you to defend him to the very end. Our Mumu too much. We are done learning. Same BS was propagated, and accepted pre WC 2018. "We have a young team, we are here to learn, the other team has players playing in better clubs, the other team is ranked higher, the grass is cut too low, the weather is not optimal, etc." It is time to graduate, and the student never learnt anything. The honeymoon was over long time. What has he shown that indicates mental flexibility in player selection, team preparation, tactics, and game management? That is just one visible item. Is counting on individual heroics the new coaching mantra? If somehow the team progresses in the AFCON, it would be in spite of him not based on his input.

The general consensus is that the AFCON realistically has to be seen as a 3 game (+plus more) organized friendlies in preparation for the real deal, the WC qualifier.

Whole lot of rambling here OJI:wink: , but I got your points and agree with some. Identifying problems without proffering solutions that are well thought out will amount to a wasted exercise that could even take us back to the dark ages. With cash-strapped NFF that can't pay salaries not to talk of payoff. We'll see if they can pull it off. What's the way forward after firing him without theorising solutions to the issues that you raised or the problem that the team is currently having? If you're unable to answer these question(s), then you're just blowing hot air :).
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:50 pm
Iworoo

EII,

Just two for starters:

1. Use FIFA disbursed funds coming in the future.

2. Get a private entity to pay for the disengagemet in return for some favor.

None of the above involves government funds.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

iworo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:54 pm

Whole lot of rambling here OJI:wink: , but I got your points and agree with some. Identifying problems without proffering solutions that are well thought out will amount to a wasted exercise that could even take us back to the dark ages. With cash-strapped NFF that can't pay salaries not to talk of payoff. We'll see if they can pull it off. What's the way forward after firing him without theorising solutions to the issues that you raised or the problem that the team is currently having? If you're unable to answer these question(s), then you're just blowing hot air :).
When someone is hemorrhaging you first stop the bleeding. 🩸

The difficulty is not in finding someone. The difficulty arises from Pinnick wanting another oyibo to replace him without actually advertising the position.

Elevate an assistant or hire an interim manager while you hire a Consultant to find you a longterm replacement.

Team Yobo up with another seasoned local who has coaching experience.

The problem remains Pinnick who has no faith or trust to hand the keys to local coaches...and give them the same opportunity to 'learn'.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Loud it!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Cellular wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:01 pm

The difficulty is not in finding someone. The difficulty arises from Pinnick wanting another oyibo to replace him without actually advertising the position.

Elevate an assistant or hire an interim manager while you hire a Consultant to find you a longterm replacement.

The problem remains Pinnick who has no faith or trust to hand the keys to local coaches...and give them the same opportunity to 'learn'.
I suppose this is where we disagree, Cellular. I won't go as far to say that the team is bleeding (which requires VERY urgent step)...maybe sick :) . What did you say again? Elevate an assistant :), right?? The last time we had a competent National Assistant coach was Bonfere, the rest are all political appointees :lol:. You've watched too much EPL bro :wink:. As per the color or race of the potential replacement coach, I'm not going to entertain that discussion...It's not productive. I just want a competent coach not a political appointee. Give me Oliseh again and I'll be content :).
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

iworo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:34 pm

I suppose this is where we disagree, Cellular. I won't go as far to say that the team is bleeding (which requires VERY urgent step)...maybe sick :) . What did you say again? Elevate an assistant :), right?? The last time we had a competent National Assistant coach was Bonfere, the rest are all political appointees :lol:. You've watched too much EPL bro :wink:. As per the color or race of the potential replacement coach, I'm not going to entertain that discussion...It's not productive. I just want a competent coach not a political appointee. Give me Oliseh again and I'll be content :).
Oliseh again? People don't learn their lesson. Smdh.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:12 pm Cell

Well, remember that some revisionists here claim that the NFF never sabotaged Keshi. Phew! They think we are dumb. Not only was Keshi sabotaged at the AFCON but in the qualifiers against Sudan they paid some touts to carry placards calling for the firing of Keshi. All designed to rem I ve Keshi and replace him with a White God. They eventually got their say using Green to ditch Keshi on his call up of a no-NPFL player. Since then they have been muted as Rohr called up a semi pro from Europe.
Prof, please you know Rohr has an eye for talent and nurturing such talents (with additional training) :D :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:49 pm

Oliseh again? People don't learn their lesson. Smdh.
Hold your horses, I'm not canvassing for him to be hire. I'm just saying that, he's the only competent Nigerian coach that I can think of or comfortable with. He already proved that he's a non-conformist by being the first local coach to resign. You simply can't buy dignity.....For that alone, I'll always respect him.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

iworo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:14 pm

Hold your horses, I'm not canvassing for him to be hire. I'm just saying that, he's the only competent Nigerian coach that I can think of or comfortable with. He already proved that he's a non-conformist by being the first local coach to resign. You simply can't buy dignity.....For that alone, I'll always respect him.
...you might as well consider Oliseh as foreign coach.
I bet he has lived more than half his age abroad, and have grown accustom to procedures on how things are done competently, professionally.
Once you taste that it's difficult to work for or with illiterate corrupt and incompetents we have in Nigeria,
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Would you be happy with a Yobo/Salisu combo in the interim to take us to AFCON?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

mcal wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:38 pm
iworo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:14 pm

...you might as well consider Oliseh as foreign coach.
I bet he has lived more than half his age abroad, and have grown accustom to procedures on how things are done competently, professionally.
Once you taste that it's difficult to work for or with illiterate corrupt and incompetents we have in Nigeria,
That's true. :agree:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:48 pm

Yes, I would.

But my fear is that they won't be given a fair shot.

Anything for Pinnick to affirm his confirmation bias.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:51 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:48 pm

Yes, I would.

But my fear is that they won't be given a fair shot.

Anything for Pinnick to affirm his confirmation bias.
Bros, you are part of the problem.

Yobo has not done anything in coaching/managing football teams to deserve being in the mix. Salisu should not be anywhere near our national teams for obvious reasons. It’s not by force to have local coaches. This is where I disagree with our anti-foreign brigade. Let’s get the best we can, not taking into consideration their colour, race, nationality or ethnic group.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Really, all this has been a very silly distraction that might get us not qualifying for the world cup

If you are going to fire someone , do it, don't announce you will then realize that the man can read a contract and point it out to you

There is so much unprofessionalism in our football, its sickening
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

akamoke wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:12 am Really, all this has been a very silly distraction that might get us not qualifying for the world cup

If you are going to fire someone , do it, don't announce you will then realize that the man can read a contract and point it out to you

I am not aware that the NFF has announced the sacking of Rohr. :idea:
They have reacted diplomatically to the widely circulated stories of imminent sack.
I am not sure whether or not you agree with their reaction, but there are those that will credibly argue that they cannot just be 'siddon looking'.
A case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That's why this whole thing is a predictable mess and both the actors and the spectators are all over the place.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:48 am
akamoke wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:12 am Really, all this has been a very silly distraction that might get us not qualifying for the world cup

They have reacted diplomatically to the widely circulated stories of imminent sack.
I am not sure whether or not you agree with their reaction, but there are those that will credibly argue that they cannot just be 'siddon looking'.

That's why this whole thing is a predictable mess and both the actors and the spectators are all over the place.
...they did thru their proxies of whom some are on this forum and at various media outlets
You not expecting Piknic to come and say that, do you?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Iworo

Just curious, how did you arrive at Oliseh being the only competent Nigerian coach? Is the conclusion based on what? Please share.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:43 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:48 am

...they did thru their proxies of whom some are on this forum and at various media outlets
You not expecting Piknic to come and say that, do you?
Oh please!
When we want to talk facts, let’s do so.
When we are playing out a juicy Nollywood script, we also need to declare it to be so.

I guess I too am an NFF proxy becos I actually hinted at the NFF displeasure with Rohr a few hours before Nolly did!
I guess too many people work in sectors where they can come up with and act on pure conjecture with absolutely no consequences.
I’m just not used to that :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "