UPDATE: Rohr May Stay till after AFCON.... Paul Bassey

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: UPDATE: Rohr May Stay till after AFCON.... Paul Bassey

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:08 pm
mcal wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:43 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:48 am
akamoke wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:12 am Really, all this has been a very silly distraction that might get us not qualifying for the world cup

If you are going to fire someone , do it, don't announce you will then realize that the man can read a contract and point it out to you

There is so much unprofessionalism in our football, its sickening
I am not aware that the NFF has announced the sacking of Rohr. :idea:
They have reacted diplomatically to the widely circulated stories of imminent sack.
I am not sure whether or not you agree with their reaction, but there are those that will credibly argue that they cannot just be 'siddon looking'.
A case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That's why this whole thing is a predictable mess and both the actors and the spectators are all over the place.
...they did thru their proxies of whom some are on this forum and at various media outlets
You not expecting Piknic to come and say that, do you?
Oh please!
When we want to talk facts, let’s do so.
When we are playing out a juicy Nollywood script, we also need to declare it to be so.

I guess I too am an NFF proxy becos I actually hinted at the NFF displeasure with Rohr a few hours before Nolly did!
I guess too many people work in sectors where they can come up with and act on pure conjecture with absolutely no consequences.
I’m just not used to that :roll:
...I hear you, but do facts apply in Nigeria, especially the NFA?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

akamoke wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:12 am Really, all this has been a very silly distraction that might get us not qualifying for the world cup

If you are going to fire someone , do it, don't announce you will then realize that the man can read a contract and point it out to you

They have reacted diplomatically to the widely circulated stories of imminent sack.
I am not sure whether or not you agree with their reaction, but there are those that will credibly argue that they cannot just be 'siddon looking'.

That's why this whole thing is a predictable mess and both the actors and the spectators are all over the place.
...they did thru their proxies of whom some are on this forum and at various media outlets
Oh please!
When we are playing out a juicy Nollywood script, we also need to declare it to be so.

I guess I too am an NFF proxy becos I actually hinted at the NFF displeasure with Rohr a few hours before Nolly did!
I guess too many people work in sectors where they can come up with and act on pure conjecture with absolutely no consequences.
To be correct, the NFF has not announced the sack of Gernot Rohr and the first media release by the NFF denied a sack. The reality, however, is that it is likely that the NFF pressured Rohr to resign but that Rohr refused to do so. To resign would have meant that he would leave without compensation. I believe this is the situation that currently has led to an impasse while NFF must now find funds to disengage him.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:32 pm

Oh please!

To be correct, the NFF has not announced the sack of Gernot Rohr and the first media release by the NFF denied a sack. The reality, however, is that it is likely that the NFF pressured Rohr to resign but that Rohr refused to do so. To resign would have meant that he would leave without compensation. I believe this is the situation that currently has led to an impasse while NFF must now find funds to disengage him.
Prof, these are all possibilities.
What irks me is when conjecture miraculously becomes fact and everybody starts repeating and recycling them as such.
We could all do with sticking to the facts and desist from perpetuating another person’s half truths and/or lies.
People are entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

O'l boy, I would have loved to explain and share my thoughts, but doing so will be playing into your hands for another back and forth posts.....I'm much busy today my guy :wink:.Yeah, I definitely agree and understand that the burden of proof is always on the person making an assertion, but can you prove otherwise :) ?

Enugu II wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:52 pm Iworo

Just curious, how did you arrive at Oliseh being the only competent Nigerian coach? Is the conclusion based on what? Please share.

iworo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:34 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:01 pm
iworo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:54 pm
OJI wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:14 pm
iworo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:46 pm As previously stated in the past, I'll prefer Rohr to take the team to AFCON and prove us all wrong by winning the cup or get fired at the end of the 2022 World Cup qualifier - CAF third round playoff. He needs to prove that he's amenable to change, as well as to seize this opportunity as a professional growth for himself.

I'll take my chance with him to take us to a competition that's almost a month away than one JJC or a political appointee. I'll even take my chance with him for the 2022 World Cup qualifier - CAF third round playoff that's three months away (but ensure that NFF technical committee scrutinize his team selection) than one JJC or a political appointee.

If we don't come back home with AFCON Cup OR failed to qualify for World Cup (which I strongly doubt in my opinion) OR not much improvement with the team. Then we can fire him if he failed in any ONE of the aforementioned criteria. The new coach will have almost 9 months to familiarize with the team before World Cup (that's if we qualify) starts.
Here we go again. All your recommendations boil to down wishful thinking. After 5+ years, the collective mess (Pinnick, Rohr, and the NFF technical committee) did NOT live up to their responsibilities, and yet you are wishing for a Hail Mary scenario to bail them out of their individual and collective ineptitude, and cluelessness. Haba! You did not study for 5+ years, and you stumbled, cheated, and crawled into a PhD thesis meeting, and honestly expect to defend your work? It works only if you expected the other party to be part of the scam.

As you wrote, Pinnick, and Rohr expects Nigerians like you to defend him to the very end. Our Mumu too much. We are done learning. Same BS was propagated, and accepted pre WC 2018. "We have a young team, we are here to learn, the other team has players playing in better clubs, the other team is ranked higher, the grass is cut too low, the weather is not optimal, etc." It is time to graduate, and the student never learnt anything. The honeymoon was over long time. What has he shown that indicates mental flexibility in player selection, team preparation, tactics, and game management? That is just one visible item. Is counting on individual heroics the new coaching mantra? If somehow the team progresses in the AFCON, it would be in spite of him not based on his input.

The general consensus is that the AFCON realistically has to be seen as a 3 game (+plus more) organized friendlies in preparation for the real deal, the WC qualifier.

Rohr has to be let go. Deal with the reality instead of wishing it away.
Whole lot of rambling here OJI:wink: , but I got your points and agree with some. Identifying problems without proffering solutions that are well thought out will amount to a wasted exercise that could even take us back to the dark ages. With cash-strapped NFF that can't pay salaries not to talk of payoff. We'll see if they can pull it off. What's the way forward after firing him without theorising solutions to the issues that you raised or the problem that the team is currently having? If you're unable to answer these question(s), then you're just blowing hot air :).
When someone is hemorrhaging you first stop the bleeding. 🩸

The difficulty is not in finding someone. The difficulty arises from Pinnick wanting another oyibo to replace him without actually advertising the position.

Elevate an assistant or hire an interim manager while you hire a Consultant to find you a longterm replacement.

Team Yobo up with another seasoned local who has coaching experience.

The problem remains Pinnick who has no faith or trust to hand the keys to local coaches...and give them the same opportunity to 'learn'.
I suppose this is where we disagree, Cellular. I won't go as far to say that the team is bleeding (which requires VERY urgent step)...maybe sick :) . What did you say again? Elevate an assistant :), right?? The last time we had a competent National Assistant coach was Bonfere, the rest are all political appointees :lol:. You've watched too much EPL bro :wink:. As per the color or race of the potential replacement coach, I'm not going to entertain that discussion...It's not productive. I just want a competent coach not a political appointee. Give me Oliseh again and I'll be content :).
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Iworo

You must know something that we may not know to make such a claim. That is precisely why I ask with the hope that you can share. Or is it that you simply made a statement by rote?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:47 pm Iworo

You must know something that we may not know to make such a claim. That is precisely why I ask with the hope that you can share. Or is it that you simply made a statement by rote?

Leave me alone joor :) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I think this Rohrgate seems to have been manufactured here on CE by our propagandists and it grew into a bigger story. Nothing has really happenned other than the technical committee report that was submitted to the Nff and the toothless sports Minister who has no power and is flat broke.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

iworo wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:01 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:47 pm Iworo

Leave me alone joor :) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

So Rohr is gone or nah?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Robbynice wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:12 pm So Rohr is gone or nah?
Rohr is like Buhari. Hes either in office or running for office. :woot:
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...some want "facts", when the people that suppose to provide "facts" peddle rumors and innuendos via their friends and third parties on social media and Nigeria's MSM.